Car Rentals at Aulani

We are stay 5 nights in March and renting a 4-door Jeep. The base price was $469. We added two child car seats ($70/each). After some crazy taxes and fees (what exactly is this $68 “concession recovery fee”???), our total came to $772.

I am planning on going at the of July - there are 7 of us. I was hoping for a surburban but so far the largest I have found is an Expedition. No even sure if the suburban would have held all the luggage but I know the expedition wont hold 7 full size suitcase behind the 3rd seat. So I was thinking on Ubering my luggage to the hotel. Does anyone know how much an uber would cost from the airport to Aulani? Or is there a shuttle service from airport to Aulani?

We are spending the first part of the trip on Waikiki and have transfers from the airport to the hotel there - so the luggage won't be a problem.

Since I am planning on having the car the entire time (Oahu/Aulani) - I figure I could transfer people / luggage the first part of the trip and then Uber/shuttle the luggage the second part of the trip.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
Get a minivan instead it will seat seven and have more room in the back for luggage

Last summer I reserved an intermediate SUV from Enterprise, via Costco, for our upcoming 11-night stay at the beginning of March. The total is $770. I regularly check the current pricing but have yet to see a better deal. It’s currently hovering near $1200. Our 11-night March 2020 rental was $480 for the same vehicle class through Alamo/Costco.

My best tip for car rentals is to CHECK WHERE YOU WORK! Same with unions, or any other group that you are affiliated with that offers "perks".

My company has a set rate code that I am allowed to use for personal travel. We have a reservation with National in HNL for a week in March, Premium Sedan, for $282 all in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter