Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time we were in the parks was in August 2010, and we had one day at EPCOT where the rains were torrential. We bought the ponchos at the park, and while better than nothing, they are not the best quality. My youngest daughter's ripped down the front (under her chin) almost immediately upon putting it on. Unfortunately, she likes the rain, and didn't see it as a problem. We did not know about the ripping, so her shirt was almost immediately wet and stayed that way for most the day.

The other thing I don't like about the park ponchos is that we find them to be fairly short. My youngest daughter had no problems (becasue the poncho came below her knees). My oldest daughter's poncho barely covered her knees. Add a bit of wind to the rain, and her shorts were wet in no time. And she HATES being wet. Much complaining ensued...

You also need to concider what you carry with you in the parks. I am usually carrying at the very least my DSLR, which doesn't take kindly to water. My camera bag is not waterproof, and I'm sure most people's fanny packs or backpacks are also not. You're going to want to keep them under your poncho if you are venturing out in the rain, and that will add bulk to the poncho, and likely make them even shorter. Just something to keep in mind...

What we do now, and what I would suggest if you are at all concerned about being wet, is go to a sporting goods store (REI, Gander Mountain, Cabela's, Dick's, etc.) and find something that is better suited for the individual (size / height, etc.). You may pay a couple of bucks more than you would at the parks, but if you plan on being in the parks regardless of the weather, you should be able to use these ponchos more than one time (which you may not with the Parks ponchos). Plus you will have a better fit, which will keep everyone dryer and happier.

Want to thank everyone here - this thread saved my vacation. Let me briefly explain.

We originally planned to be at POFQ for our October/November trip, but in order to take advantage of the FD promotion, we moved to CBR. I was initially a little concerned because our family was totally set on POFQ. So...I did my best to immerse us in everything CBR to get us in the mood.

I read this thread (ok...only FAQ #5...I wanted to get through it before I hit retirement) and between all the great posts and the even more wonderful pictures, I'm now more excited about this resort than I was with our other plan!

Thank you all for your reviews, experiences, pictures, and more! I'm jazzed and the next 92 days can't go by fast enough!

Want to thank everyone here - this thread saved my vacation. Let me briefly explain.

We originally planned to be at POFQ for our October/November trip, but in order to take advantage of the FD promotion, we moved to CBR. I was initially a little concerned because our family was totally set on POFQ. So...I did my best to immerse us in everything CBR to get us in the mood.

I read this thread (ok...only FAQ #5...I wanted to get through it before I hit retirement) and between all the great posts and the even more wonderful pictures, I'm now more excited about this resort than I was with our other plan!

Thank you all for your reviews, experiences, pictures, and more! I'm jazzed and the next 92 days can't go by fast enough!

I obviously haven't been to many different resorts, but my family and I were perfectly happy there. We were in Aruba 51, a short walk over the bridge to OPR. I did laundry and hung out at the quiet pool, and relaxed in the hammock on the beach. This is a beautiful resort imo and would gladly stay there again. :thumbsup2

This is my first post here and it's been great reading up through the thread and gaining a lot of information from past CBR'ers!

This will be my wife and I's third trip to WDW during October from the 24th-29th (got engaged in 2010 and spent our honeymoon there in May.) She's going back to school next year and I'm looking for a career change so this may be our last chance to plan a vacation for a while.

Between FD, MNSSHP and going during her birthday we're excited to experience Disney in the fall where it (hopefully) won't be as crowded and possibly a little cooler.

We're really looking forward to staying in CBR between the pictures and comments we've read and have already put in a request for Jamaica 45 (we'd be happy with any building in that island) but it seems to get the highest marks around here.

Thanks for all the great info and tips so far and we'll definitely keep following!

This is my first post here and it's been great reading up through the thread and gaining a lot of information from past CBR'ers!

This will be my wife and I's third trip to WDW during October from the 24th-29th (got engaged in 2010 and spent our honeymoon there in May.) She's going back to school next year and I'm looking for a career change so this may be our last chance to plan a vacation for a while.

Between FD, MNSSHP and going during her birthday we're excited to experience Disney in the fall where it (hopefully) won't be as crowded and possibly a little cooler.

We're really looking forward to staying in CBR between the pictures and comments we've read and have already put in a request for Jamaica 45 (we'd be happy with any building in that island) but it seems to get the highest marks around here.

Thanks for all the great info and tips so far and we'll definitely keep following!

:welcome: Welcome to the DIS and the CBR FAQ Thread! :welcome:

Our last stay at CBR was October 23-30 last year. It was a wonderful time to go. Like you said with FD and MNSSHP it's a great time to be there! Plus we absolutely love the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot. Our next trip is going to be at the end of October next year. Last year the weather was perfect, 80s, sunny everyday and low humidity.

I hope you enjoy CBR as much as we do. And we were in Jamaica 45 last year and it's a fantastic location. Short, and beautiful, stroll across the bridge to OPR and the main pool.

If you any questions as your trip gets closer, fire away. :thumbsup2

This may sound silly....but is there any type of dish soap or anything to wash out your mugs? If there are coffee mugs in the room can you take that mug to OPR to fill it up? I was talking to DH about figuring out getting soda in the refillable during the day but if I want to walk over and get coffee to watch the fireworks on the beach at night, how do I wash it out to use for soda again the next day. I put tons of sugar and creamer in (ok...I put it in..and it sinks to the bottom..lol.) I know...it's prolly a simple solution somewhere....my brain just isn't functioning right now to find the answer. :confused3
Thanks!!

This may sound silly....but is there any type of dish soap or anything to wash out your mugs? If there are coffee mugs in the room can you take that mug to OPR to fill it up? I was talking to DH about figuring out getting soda in the refillable during the day but if I want to walk over and get coffee to watch the fireworks on the beach at night, how do I wash it out to use for soda again the next day. I put tons of sugar and creamer in (ok...I put it in..and it sinks to the bottom..lol.) I know...it's prolly a simple solution somewhere....my brain just isn't functioning right now to find the answer. :confused3
Thanks!!

There are mug wash stations in the food court. There's a long countertop with condiments, toasters and microwaves and the wash station is on the end. I don't recall seeing any soap or anything there.

We just used water, liquid bath soap lol and a wash cloth in our room . I havent never seen any dish soap either ?

About how big are the refrigerators? I'm getting a garden grocer delivery and wondering about fitting in a milk carton. Would a 1/2 gallon be okay?

Thanks so much. This thread is great!

ETA: Nevermind!! I found a picture!! Thanks!

AAhhh...washing stations.....see, I didn't know that nor saw a pic of it. See, I KNEW there was a simple solution. Thank you!!!!

I love and miss CBR. I am staying at POP for the first time this year, and am thinking about taking the bus over to CBR just to take a walk! You will love it, it's a beautiful resort.

I know I read through this thread once before and there was a lot of bldg suggestions. I'm hoping someone can help and that I don't have to read through it all again. ;)

We are planning to stay at CBR for the first time in Feb. I want to make our reservations tomorrow and put in a request for a specific room at the same time. We would like to be closer to the main pool (5-7min walk okay, just not 20mins!) and also the parking lot since we will have our own car (do not need to be close to the bus stop). Same distance to food court would be good as well. Suggestions? TIA!

:wizard: We just fill a small travel bottle with some dishwashing detergent and wash the mugs in our room. The first year we got mugs we didn't think of that and they got pretty yucky by the end of the trip.

:wizard: We just fill a small travel bottle with some dishwashing detergent and wash the mugs in our room. The first year we got mugs we didn't think of that and they got pretty yucky by the end of the trip.

Great idea. I think I'm going to do the same.

I believe there is but just wanted to confirm that on one of the village beaches there is a beach volleyball net, yes?

Thanks!

I'm new to the thread and read through the first 30 pages or so but have a question that I'm sure has been answered before… I know that check in at the customs house is separate from center town and by the looks on the map it's quite a distance from a lot of the rooms. Do you have to walk across the resort to your room? I assume the resort shuttle buses will take you around but just wondered. Also are the resort shuttles the same as the ones that take you to the parks or do you have to transfer at a main bus stop? And my last question is are the themes of each section basically the same with different colors or are they each unique? Okay that's all the questions for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter