Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, yes, there is water in the pools but I don't think it will be open for at least a month it was very disappointing for us and our 5 year old.

When you booked did they tell you it would be ready this early? They were very cautious when we booked to say 'late Sept' even said not before 9/30.

Just wondering. I have called a few times for various reasons and it seems that the reps are not consistent at all with information.

From all I was hearing here, I was hopeful that the pool was going to be open also, but when I was there 8/25-9/1 there still was some roofing to be done, walking around the fence I saw an abundance of supplies drains plumbing that still needed to be put in place.Also a number of construction trailers and all the barricade fencing that they would have to clean up on that site and landscape. Hey, it would be great if it were to open early but I'm just saying I did not see much progress for the week that I was there. Also we don't know how much testing and training needs to be done.

When you booked did they tell you it would be ready this early? They were very cautious when we booked to say 'late Sept' even said not before 9/30.

Just wondering. I have called a few times for various reasons and it seems that the reps are not consistent at all with information.

Our TA of course didn't tell us a thing. I didn't find out about this until I found this website and by then it was too late to do anything. We would have changed our reservation had we known about there not being a child pool. I called the hotel and they did say not until the end of sept. I was hopeful from what I learned here and everyone's enthusiasm.

The roofing has been done, the "fencing" around the pool is up. The official information has been that the pool will be closed through Sept. 15.

Forgive me if this was asked before, but what category of room do we need to book to request a refurbished room?

TIA for any help! :goodvibes

Do they decorate their windows at CBR like they do at some of the other resorts? I think it would be fun and really cute. We will be there for halloween & want to do a Mickey pirate theme.

I just wanted to say that I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread and I have it bookmarked so I can keep up with all the news. My first trip to CBR is Dec. 30 and I can't wait! I've never stayed on property before so this will be my first Disney resort adventure and this place looks and sounds amazing.

It looks like all of my questions have been answered, but I do have one that you all may be able to help with. Is the weather in late Dec. early January usually good enough to use the pools?

Do they decorate their windows at CBR like they do at some of the other resorts? I think it would be fun and really cute. We will be there for halloween & want to do a Mickey pirate theme.

We did last year for Christmas. We were there the 2nd week in Dec. for 10 days and we put clings on the windows and hung a small wreath on the door.

We did last year for Christmas. We were there the 2nd week in Dec. for 10 days and we put clings on the windows and hung a small wreath on the door.

How fun! I'm going to pack a few Christmas decs.

We took our kids to Disneyworld one Christmas (quite some time ago, they are in their 20's now) and I remember that we decorated sugar cookies with them at our hotel.

Hi gang,

The good......

Just home from Cbr, like 25 minutes ago. Lets see we had building 31, room #3161. The resort was wonderful. The main pool is still not open, but today they were testing the play area by the kids slide. It looked like the bucket would fill with water and spill out every 20 minutes or so, but we could see a guy doing something in a open area in the ground that had a metal grate open by the slide and everytime he pressed something the bucket would spill over and out. So maybe they were testing it and most likly it will happen at faster time rates.

In all it was our familys 2nd time staying at this resort and we still love it. We did not have a newly refurbished nemo room, but that was fine since we don't spend too much time in the room. We went swimming in the Trinidad pool on 2 nights and loved it and were surprised to find we were the only ones there. On the second night 2 teenagers showed up and went in for 20 minutes but quickly left, so most of the time we had the pool to ourselfs.

It was a 3 minute walk to centertown or old port royal. The food court was great and i have to suggest the club royale sandwich at the pizza shop, which i loved. Housekeeping was good and we got towel animals on 3 different days.

The bad...

The only 2 complaints i have about the resort. Day 1 we left nyc at 5:50am, which meant that we had to leave our house at 3:15 am, I am employed by the New York City Fire Dept(if the screen name did not give it away) and ended up working a 16 hour shift only to get home to not have enought time to sleep. So i showered and packed(yep, i am one of those last minute packers) Got to the resort and was told to call a number to find out what time my room would be ready. We went to the MK and at 4pm called to find my room still not ready and was told to call back at 5:30. Again i was up for around 35 hours straight and badly need a nap. We hung out in the Mk until 5 and left for the resort. At 5:45pm i called the number from the resorts bus stop phone after disembarking the Mk bus at Cbr. I was told room still not ready and the lady on the phone then said" it does not look like your room will be ready for some time".

I ended up at the custom house and thank god there was no line, i asked to speak to a manager and explained that thier own website says check in time is between 3 and 5pm, i explained very nicely that i had been awake for some time and needed a bed anywhere. I was told to go to my room and someone would be there to let us into the room. This was fine it was near 95 degress ut and i needed to just rest. We arrived at the room and waitied for about 20 minutes and finally some guy comes and ask's us for the room key, which i gave him and he opened the door for us. Had i know this i would have used my own room key to open the door myself, instead of waiting in the heat and sun for 20 minutes.:confused3 I just figured my room key would'nt work yet, i should have known better.

Still it was just a minor thing not something i would get all upset over.

My only other complaint is the game room, what is a game room without Skii ball??? Our son loves to play skii ball and i remember last time they had 3 of them, but not this time. No skii ball games at Cbr. Again just a few little things and not any reason i would not reccomend this resort to family and friends. We even went ahead and booked the bounce back thing for next year.

I took some pictures but have no clue were my camera is. I still need to unpack, which will get done tomorrow.

If you have any questions please pm me.

Hi gang,

The good......

Just home from Cbr, like 25 minutes ago. Lets see we had building 31, room #3161. The resort was wonderful. The main pool is still not open, but today they were testing the play area by the kids slide. It looked like the bucket would fill with water and spill out every 20 minutes or so, but we could see a guy doing something in a open area in the ground that had a metal grate open by the slide and everytime he pressed something the bucket would spill over and out. So maybe they were testing it and most likly it will happen at faster time rates.

In all it was our familys 2nd time staying at this resort and we still love it. We did not have a newly refurbished nemo room, but that was fine since we don't spend too much time in the room. We went swimming in the Trinidad pool on 2 nights and loved it and were surprised to find we were the only ones there. On the second night 2 teenagers showed up and went in for 20 minutes but quickly left, so most of the time we had the pool to ourselfs.

It was a 3 minute walk to centertown or old port royal. The food court was great and i have to suggest the club royale sandwich at the pizza shop, which i loved. Housekeeping was good and we got towel animals on 3 different days.

The bad...

The only 2 complaints i have about the resort. Day 1 we left nyc at 5:50am, which meant that we had to leave our house at 3:15 am, I am employed by the New York City Fire Dept(if the screen name did not give it away) and ended up working a 16 hour shift only to get home to not have enought time to sleep. So i showered and packed(yep, i am one of those last minute packers) Got to the resort and was told to call a number to find out what time my room would be ready. We went to the MK and at 4pm called to find my room still not ready and was told to call back at 5:30. Again i was up for around 35 hours straight and badly need a nap. We hung out in the Mk until 5 and left for the resort. At 5:45pm i called the number from the resorts bus stop phone after disembarking the Mk bus at Cbr. I was told room still not ready and the lady on the phone then said" it does not look like your room will be ready for some time".

I ended up at the custom house and thank god there was no line, i asked to speak to a manager and explained that thier own website says check in time is between 3 and 5pm, i explained very nicely that i had been awake for some time and needed a bed anywhere. I was told to go to my room and someone would be there to let us into the room. This was fine it was near 95 degress ut and i needed to just rest. We arrived at the room and waitied for about 20 minutes and finally some guy comes and ask's us for the room key, which i gave him and he opened the door for us. Had i know this i would have used my own room key to open the door myself, instead of waiting in the heat and sun for 20 minutes.:confused3 I just figured my room key would'nt work yet, i should have known better.

Still it was just a minor thing not something i would get all upset over.

My only other complaint is the game room, what is a game room without Skii ball??? Our son loves to play skii ball and i remember last time they had 3 of them, but not this time. No skii ball games at Cbr. Again just a few little things and not any reason i would not reccomend this resort to family and friends. We even went ahead and booked the bounce back thing for next year.

I took some pictures but have no clue were my camera is. I still need to unpack, which will get done tomorrow.

If you have any questions please pm me.

Sounds like overall you had a great trip! Sorry you had to wait so long for your room, the same thing happened to us last year when staying at POP. We flew out of Portland, Oregon on a redeye flight by the time we got to our room we had been up over 24 hours.

mrFDNY~ Welcome back, and thanks for the report! Glad that you had a great trip!

I'm still trying to find our more about the refurbished rooms, so can I ask if you requested one? Is there a special room category that you need to book? And were all of the food stations at OPR? When I was there last, some places weren't open.

Thanks again! :goodvibes

Saw MrFDNY post and felt compelled to write as we approach the 9/11 anniversary to say thank you for what you do everyday. I am married to a fireman and know the botherhood that is shared, and long with that the loss that is felt as we remember that horrible day. It isn't said often enough, and I only hope this message will remind you that we all felt your loss across the country. With Honor and Respect...THANK YOU!

And on a much happier note...welcome home!

mrFDNY~ Welcome back, and thanks for the report! Glad that you had a great trip!

I'm still trying to find our more about the refurbished rooms, so can I ask if you requested one? Is there a special room category that you need to book? And were all of the food stations at OPR? When I was there last, some places weren't open.

Thanks again! :goodvibes

We booked perferred and ended up in building #31, if your looking at opr its the first building to the left. All the food places were open. Our room was not refurbished yet, but that was fine with us. We harldy spend any time in the room only for a bed and shower.

Saw MrFDNY post and felt compelled to write as we approach the 9/11 anniversary to say thank you for what you do everyday. I am married to a fireman and know the botherhood that is shared, and long with that the loss that is felt as we remember that horrible day. It isn't said often enough, and I only hope this message will remind you that we all felt your loss across the country. With Honor and Respect...THANK YOU!

And on a much happier note...welcome home!

Thank you very much for your kind words.I was off on sept 11, but soon was racing to the towers along with everyone else. I lost a lot of my friends on that day and still miss them very much,but One thing i like to tell people is not what happened on sept 11 but after that made a big difference, that not so many know about. This is how cool Disney is. In april 2002, Disney released a pin code called "heroes getaway package" It was a big discount on resort rooms and free theme park tickets with the hopper option included. I think most of the men and women in the FDNY got as much as a 50% room discount and free tickets for each day you booked.

I watched my guys leave looking beat up, defeated and just plain depressed. They returned with smiles again. I was not able to go, due to the fact we had a new born, but some part of me was there thru the stories my guys returned with. I heard that while there disney cast members were told that if any member of the FDNY, NYPD or NYC EMS gets on line for a ride, they are not allowed to wait on stand by to allow them on the fast pass line. Most of my guys did not wait on a single line. Disney really showed my guys how to smile again. You have no idea how this helped the men and woman in the FDNY. Thank you disney!!

MrFDNY -- That is incredible! Disney Magic at it's finest! :goodvibes

PIRATE ROOM QUESTION:

Online told me I could book at pirate room for the last week on Jan 09, but the CM on the phone said is wasn't open yet. Any ideas?

We are currently reserved for the Poly, but with a 2 yo and 3 yo boy, they willl like the pirate rooms more, and so will my wallet! :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter