Carolfoys last trip - all in one thread - PICS ADDED!!

Thanks for sharing your fab report Carol, you sound as though you had a great time. I hope you are able to post some piccies, cos I'd love to see them

Thanks again

Mandy :)

Hi Carol :wave:
I am ashamed that I have barely started my report and you have finished your whole masterpiece, a wonderful report, thankyou so much for sharing. i do understand about needing to be away from the boards when you don't have a trip ( I used to cry buckets reading about other trips) but give it time, I'm sure you'll find a way to still be here. Wanted to send you many :grouphug: for your contributions and here's hoping for many more,

Wow that is a brilliant trip report! Thankyou so much.
Please give my regards to Mr Bailey ;)

Brilliant trip reports!

Please dont leave us Carol! :sad: We will all miss you, your sense of humour is hilarious, your advice is sound and it wont be the same without you! If you cant stand to post without a trip booked then I think that that is a good enough reason to book another one!!! Surely a week either side of a half term wouldnt matter too much!! :rolleyes1 You know you want to! ;)

Thank you all so much for your comments and support. I'm in the process of sorting the pics so they will be on soon.
Lizzy - I totally understand what you mean, it seems very unfair that it works one way only, I hope Glenn doesn't mind missing the skiing too much, tell him he can ride the toboggans at Blizzard Beach instead.
Jen - you naughty girl, you're a teacher, you shouldn't condone me taking Call out of school :rotfl2: . If he'd only buck his ideas up I wouldn't be too worried about doing it. I'll just have to go on my own! **mean mum**
Once I get over the Post Disney Blues I'll probably be back with a vengeance.

I honestly dont think that having a week off school puts kids behind, maybe if you told Callum at he could only go back IF he starts working harder it would be a good incentive for him!!

Great trip report Carol. I really hope you continue to post, as even though I seldom look at the Dis these days, I always make a point of reading what you've written.

Who knows what's around the corner, you may get back to WDW sooner than you think - I hope so.

Thank you Gill, thats a really nice thing to say, I had noticed you were AWOL recently, hope everythings ok and you're just all cruised-up on excitement rather than not enjoying the Dis

carolfoy said:
Thank you Gill, thats a really nice thing to say, I had noticed you were AWOL recently, hope everythings ok and you're just all cruised-up on excitement rather than not enjoying the Dis

So many cruises booked now....6 of varying lengths to go between now and Dec 2007 and just back from Regent Seven Seas Voyager which was ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS that we don't have time for WDW until at least 2008 - if then! We haven't been frequent visitors for years anyway ...too many other things to do and places to see. Going less often makes it more enjoyable for us now - I think you can have too much of a good thing.

But I do hope those of you who like to go frequently, continue to get the opportunity to do so.

Great trip report, I can't wait to see some pictures.

I really hope that you can continue posting on Dis even if it's just on the UK community board. I know it is difficult when you can't get to WDW yourself but I like to think of the Dis as more of a community than just a message board. I haven't been for 2 years and love to look on the Pic of the Day thread to remind myself of why I love the place so much. It gives me a little smile everytime I see the castle or a character.
Anyway what I'm trying to say is we will miss you

jen_uk said:
I honestly dont think that having a week off school puts kids behind
I used to think like this until we actually did it and it affected 2 of our 3 children. I personally wouldn't do it again.

As for the trip reports I've enjoyed reading them, especially the bits about bus travel as they re-enforce my view that Orlando (or America) without a car is a bind.

To be honest there was absolutely nothing wrong with the bus system - it was the people who were at fault! The boat drivers at POFQ who ferry you back and forth to DTD and Riverside would ask everyone to squeeze up to get more people on and the looks on some peoples faces!!! you'd have thought they'd have been asked to pee on the floor :rotfl2:

:rotfl:

Ive never hired a car in Orlando and Ive never found it to be a problem, I think I would find it more trouble to have a car than not have one.

great pics carol,thanks for posting them :thumbsup2 callum looked great in his stormtrooper suit :)

Great photos Carol.

Hope you stick around the Trip Planning Forum, does seem to be missing a few of the regulars at the moment and it wouldn't be the same without you.

Like you I am not sure (for many reasons) what the future has in store holiday wise but for sure the TPF without Carol & Johnny = unthinkable ;)

Great stuff Carol :thumbsup2 I 2nd your thoughts on Pop but it is my 1st onsite so I wasn't sure what to expect and we did have a 50's room so were close to the food court but it was, even in low season very caotic

:sunny:

Jodie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter