Cass, Rob and Kira back in Disney - Food Reviews!! Completed 03/13/2010!

Hmmm, I could go for that breakfast again!! :cool1: Heck, I could go for that whole entire weekend again!!! :love:

AMEN TO THAT!!!!

I only had one or two :rolleyes1

dozen

:lmao::rotfl2:

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:
i'll never forget the look on Robins face when i polished off the last of them on the drive home.:rolleyes1 She reached in to grab one and said "you ate them all!!" i blamed you.:rolleyes1

ooh thanks lol i thought it was like this dis thing that was super exsclusive lol :)

Hmmm, Nanc...did you order your fish without the sauce??? :confused3

No, I love sauce...any kind of sauce. I wouldn't order it sauceless. Uh oh...our friend Orlan (or Wira) messed up on my plate. Think I should ask for a refund? :goodvibes

They make me laugh every time I look at them!! Sigh, memories! :cloud9:

It makes me cringe every time I think about trying them. :scared1:

I plan on asking if Orlan is on all my future cruises ;)

Oh me too, me too!:banana:

Hmmm, I could go for that breakfast again!! :cool1: Heck, I could go for that whole entire weekend again!!! :love:

That WAS a great weekend, wasn't it? We'll have to head up to Calgary for Canada Day then. Isn't that July 1st? :love:

I only had one or two :rolleyes1

dozen

:lmao::rotfl2:

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2:

i'll never forget the look on Robins face when i polished off the last of them on the drive home.:rolleyes1 She reached in to grab one and said "you ate them all!!" i blamed you.:rolleyes1

Awwww, poor Robin. :hug:

If I ever find any, I will let you know!! :thumbsup2 BTW- just wanted to tell you that I'm loving your new blog!!

I just checked out Ken's website and you can order the Honey Dijon in a case of 12 8oz bottles for $17.35 it's in the Chef's Reserve Link.

Thanks for the reviews, they're wonderful!

Oops i should have read further before I posted about buying Ken's online. I can drink the stuff, and usually squirrel away some for home when I'm on the Magic. I was so excited to see it awailable at home. I still want to find the version they do sell. It has to be similar to the ones at WDW and on the ship.

I've got to tell you I love your girl!!!!!!:love:She is beautiful and that attitude:rotfl: I have a 13 yr old same personality when she was wee! It can be challenging but oh so very worth it!~~~~~

Well behaved women seldom make history! :rolleyes1
SASSY GIRLZ ROCK!!!!!!!!:laughing:

Pirates in the Caribbean Dinner

During my past 2 cruises (2005 & 2007) this was, by far, my favourite meal, so I was very much looking forward to this night!

We started off by ordering the ridiculously expensive Pirate glasses. Yup, the whole table bought one each! :rolleyes:

dcl72.jpg

Jumbo Crab Cake

dcl73.jpg

Sun Ripened Pineapple

dcl74.jpg

Golden Pot Stickers

dcl75.jpg

Bibb Lettuce Salad

dcl76.jpg

Jerk Chicken Salad

dcl77.jpg

BBQ Marinated Beef Short Ribs

dcl78.jpg

Dijon Crusted Sirloin of Beef- this was my dish, they changed it from last time and it wasn't as good :(

dcl79.jpg

Chicken Breast

dcl80.jpg

Savory Pancakes (pancakes? :eek:)

dcl81.jpg

Macadamia Nut-Dusted Mahi Mahi

dcl82.jpg

Temptations - delish!

dcl83.jpg

Triple Layered chocolate gangplank cake

dcl84.jpg

This looks like the Coconut Rice pudding

dcl85.jpg

Rum Barbosa (weird!)

dcl86.jpg

Floating Island of Tropical Fruit Treasures

dcl87.jpg

All in all, it was a pretty good meal. Not nearly as amazing as the last 2 cruises but still, pretty darn good!

Hey! You blamed me??? :eek: Bad dawg!!! :rotfl2:

That WAS a great weekend, wasn't it? We'll have to head up to Calgary for Canada Day then. Isn't that July 1st? :love:

Sure is ;) :cool1:

Oops i should have read further before I posted about buying Ken's online. I can drink the stuff, and usually squirrel away some for home when I'm on the Magic. I was so excited to see it awailable at home. I still want to find the version they do sell. It has to be similar to the ones at WDW and on the ship.

Next time I gotta make sure I steal some to take home :rolleyes1 ;)

I've got to tell you I love your girl!!!!!!:love:She is beautiful and that attitude:rotfl: I have a 13 yr old same personality when she was wee! It can be challenging but oh so very worth it!~~~~~

Well behaved women seldom make history! :rolleyes1
SASSY GIRLZ ROCK!!!!!!!!:laughing:

LOL! :lmao: Challenging is definitely her middle name!!! ::yes:: :rolleyes1 She has a lot of sass that one! :rolleyes1

Thanks for the update....the pictures are making me drool.

Yeah me too! :rolleyes:

You do realize they make plates that actually separate your foods so all the different foods dont touch.:sick::rolleyes1:rotfl:

Dang keyboard!!! I had all these whitty remarks coming your way Cass. Quoted your entire post, made my comments and pressed the wrong button. Presto, chango....I lost it all. :headache:

So now I got nothing. :sad:

Room Service & Palo Dinner

This was the day that Kira and I ended up getting really sick. Rob had gotten the flu the morning of the cruise and he lovingly passed it along to us :sick:

This was our St. Thomas Day and I didn't get out of bed until 7pm that night so I missed the whole port.

I had OD'd on chicken strips by then so I decided to order a burger from room service. Good thing I was sick and didn't really care much about my meal because it was gross! :crazy2:

The fries were stone-cold and the burger just tasted nasty!

dcl88.jpg

I somehow managed to drag my aching body into the shower and get ready for our Palo dinner by 8pm. Kira seemed to be doing much better so we dropped her off at Flounders and met up with S & B at Palo.

Now, I don't remember much about the food because I was fighting to not fall off my chair so I won't comment, I will just post photos and the name from the menu.

We started with the Pane Casalingo and antipasto but I don't think I tried anything.

dcl89.jpg

Loved what they did with the straws!

dcl90.jpg

Fish and Seafood Soup
dcl91.jpg

Calamari
dcl92.jpg

Pizzas
dcl94.jpg

Sorry, I don't even know what this is? Shrimp Salad perhaps?
dcl93.jpg

Beef Tenderloin
dcl95.jpg

Lamb
dcl96.jpg

Tuna maybe?
dcl97.jpg

Lobster and Mascarpone Ravioli...I do remember this being a huge hit and S & B were practically fighting over it LOL

dcl98.jpg

Panacotta
dcl99.jpg

Chocolate Souffle
dcl103.jpg

Tiramisu
dcl101.jpg

Pineapple and Almond Ravioli
dcl100.jpg

Chocolate Amaretto Indulgence
dcl102.jpg

Gelato
dcl104.jpg

and the finale...Limoncello

dcl105.jpg

While I couldn't really taste much, S & B said it was very good. Next time we try Palo, I hope I am healthy to enjoy it!

You do realize they make plates that actually separate your foods so all the different foods dont touch.:sick::rolleyes1:rotfl:

You mean like this one? :rolleyes1

20090703_0070.jpg

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Dang keyboard!!! I had all these whitty remarks coming your way Cass. Quoted your entire post, made my comments and pressed the wrong button. Presto, chango....I lost it all. :headache:

So now I got nothing. :sad:

I hate it when that happens!! :sad2: Done it a million times! Sorry babe, just knowing you are reading makes me :teeth: :goodvibes

and the finale...Limoncello

dcl104.jpg

Ahhhhh, this looks almost like the drink from EPCOT that I was searching for last month. :banana::love:

I also hope you feel better for your next Palo dinner Cass. I finally gave Palo another chance (albeit for brunch) and am so glad I did. It's really a food addicts paradise, isn't it? :goodvibes

I also hope you feel better for your next Palo dinner Cass. I finally gave Palo another chance (albeit for brunch) and am so glad I did. It's really a food addicts paradise, isn't it? :goodvibes

now i had heard rumors that a "hand check" was needed for you and your "Palo date". Care to elaborate Nancy?popcorn::

EXACTLY!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

handsome fellow by the way. looks familiar.popcorn::;)

Yeah, he was pretty handsome. It's really too bad though, if it wasn't for the whole "slow" kind of thing, he'd be a complete package!
:rolleyes2

:p
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Ahhhhh, this looks almost like the drink from EPCOT that I was searching for last month. :banana::love:

Hey, thanks for pointing out my mistake LOL! I used the same photo twice :sad2:

I think you would really enjoy dinner too!! ::yes::

now i had heard rumors that a "hand check" was needed for you and your "Palo date". Care to elaborate Nancy?popcorn::

Well, did you see her date??? :magnify::sail: :rolleyes1

Topsiders Dinner

I am stealing from my trippie and adding some food pics! ;)

We figured since we were all sick and Kira couldn't go to Flounders that we would have supper at Topsiders. I've heard good things about eating dinner up there so we decided to try that.

From what I read about Topsiders, the food was basically the same as what was being served in the dining rooms and that there was a buffet where you could go and grab your appetizers and desserts.

We thought it would be great for us because we have Kira with us, it would be fast and easy and it wasn't chicken strips or hot dog wieners!

Boy was I wrong about all of it!!!

We were seated and given menus. It was 10 minutes before our waiter showed up and took our orders. There was no buffet at all and there were only 3 choices of each, appetizer, entree and dessert. Only one thing appealed to me on the menu and it was an entree. I ordered the porterhouse steak and Rob ordered 2 appetizers and 1 entree and we ordered Kira the only available kid entree, chicken nuggets. :crazy2:

It took another 10 minutes to get some drinks and bread and already Kira was bored and was acting up.

15-11.jpg

15-12.jpg

So we waited and waited and waited for our food. Rob got his 2 appetizers and then we waited and waited some more.

She just wanted to snuggle with her daddy while we waited.

15-13.jpg

You can see Michael Harrison in the background here, I felt bad for him because he was eating all alone :sad1:

15-14.jpg

At this point I was getting grumpy and I felt bad for Kira and wished we had just gone to Plutos for some tenders and wieners. At least she would have been fed right away so that we could go back to the room and rest.

It took FOREVER to get our food!! It was exactly one hour from the time we were seated until Kira and I got any food. :mad:

And then when we did get the food it was terrible!! I took ONE bite of everything on my plate (it was all gross!) and then grabbed Kira and told Rob that we would meet him back in the room when he was done supper. Kira wouldn't even touch hers :sad2:

I don't know, maybe it was an off night or something? :confused3 Unfortunately, it was bad enough to put me off from ever eating supper there again. Next time I will just go to Pluto's!

I don't have the menu so I will just post some photos...

dcl106.jpg

dcl107.jpg

dcl108.jpg

dcl109.jpg

dcl110.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter