Cass, Rob and Kira back in Disney - Food Reviews!! Completed 03/13/2010!

now i had heard rumors that a "hand check" was needed for you and your "Palo date". Care to elaborate Nancy?popcorn::

No hand check required. ;) He was a complete gentlemen. :banana: I can only hope that just once in my life I acted like a lady too. :goodvibes

Topsiders Dinner

I don't know, maybe it was an off night or something? :confused3 Unfortunately, it was bad enough to put me off from ever eating supper there again. Next time I will just go to Pluto's!

Not an off night at all Cass. We had the same experience that very same night. :scared1: Took forever to get service and our food. I'm with ya too. We will never do Topsiders for dinner again. :sad2:

I gotta wonder if the captain liked his food that night. He was also there. Kind of surprised me. Wasn't that the Captains Gala night? :rotfl2:

Lunch at Castaway Cay

Not much to say about this meal. It was pretty good. Rob was happy with the choices, I found them to be lacking somewhat. Also not impressed with the whole wheat buns. I really didn't eat much, it's been way better on previous trips. :sad2:

Sorry, Rob was mostly done by the time I could take a photo...

dcl111.jpg

Here's my plate

dcl112.jpg

All I can say is that I hope DCL and WDW are listening to their guests and change back to white buns. I haven't read a single good thing about those buns! :mad:

I did? LOL!! :rotfl2: I was looking at the Gelato picture and thought it was the Limoncello. :lmao:

I noticed in your post the word Limoncello and thought, hey, that's not limoncello :rolleyes:

Funny how I didn't notice it at all in my post :rolleyes1:rotfl2:

Not an off night at all Cass. We had the same experince that very same night. :scared1: Took forever to get service and our food. I'm with ya too. We will never do Topsiders for dinner again. :sad2:

I gotta wonder if the captain liked his food that night. He was also there. Kind of surprised me. Wasn't that the Captains Gala night? :rotfl2:

Sure was! Maybe he doesn't like the Captain's Gala menu either :rotfl:

Yeah, he was pretty handsome. It's really too bad though, if it wasn't for the whole "slow" kind of thing, he'd be a complete package!
:rolleyes2

yeah, i've heard his lovely bride comment on how he's a "dawg of very little brains".:sad2::sad1:

THOSE ARE THE PLATES DISNEY SHOULD USE AT EVERY MEAL!!!:thumbsup2

YEP.:sad2: thats how my steak looked too.:sad1:
drenched in asparagus juice!!:sick::sick::sick:

But, but, but...I notice that one of Kira's carrots are touching her chicken nuggets. See? Not even Disney can make you happy MiCkey. :rotfl2:

But, but, but...I notice that one of Kira's carrots are touching her chicken nuggets. See? Not even Disney can make you happy MiCkey. :rotfl2:

i saw it.:sick:

good thing there wasnt any "carrot juice" on her chicken.:thumbsup2

Till we Meet Again, final dinner on the Magic

Even though we were all still pretty sick, there was no way were were going back to Topsiders for supper (not even sure if it was even open) and I was done with chicken strips so we went to our scheduled dinner at Animator's Palate.

This was Kira's first dinner in the restaurant and the only place for her was down on the end, since she was in a high chair. This turned out great because it kind of secluded us a little from the rest of the group. Rob was doing pretty well by now and Kira was getting better but I was still pretty sick. I ended up next to Nancy, which was great for two reasons....I got to talk to her for most of the meal and she was sick too, so I wasn't worried about getting her sick as apparently she picked something up at WDW before the cruise.

I can't remember too much detail right now but I remember being really glad we went to dinner that night. The food was delicious and Kira enjoyed seeing the restaurant.

We got Kira some mac and cheese and she loved it! She was a little weird though because she ate it with a knife! :rolleyes:

dcl113.jpg

16-21.jpg

Artichoke, Spinach and jalapeno cheese dip
dcl114.jpg

Chicken Satays

dcl115.jpg

Crawfish and Lobster bisque
dcl116.jpg

Grilled Beef Tenderloin

dcl117.jpg

Orange Roughy
dcl118.jpg

Atlantic Salmon
dcl119.jpg

Seafood Linguini pasta
dcl120.jpg

Sweet Temptations
dcl122.jpg

Apple-Cranberry Pie
dcl123.jpg

and this was Kira's dessert, chocolate pudding. She wasn't interested in eating anymore at this point so I decided to try it and I ended up eating the whole thing! I seriously wanted to lick the bowl clean, it was that good! :rolleyes1

dcl121.jpg

Despite being quite sick still, this was probably my 3rd best meal/dinner/experience of the cruise. It was nice to have Kira at our table, she actually behaved relatively well, the food was yummy, the company was great and service was amazing as usual!

We finally got a family shot with our servers, Orlan and Cindy.

16-26.jpg

Sadly, we never got a big group shot with all of us :sad2: Apparently, I wasn't thinking!

Kira was on the opposite end of Gary all night so after we were done, we let her down and she immediately made a bee-line for him :lmao:

She spent the next 10-15 minutes playing with him, it was so cute!

16-23.jpg

Well, that concludes my DCL reviews. I have a couple more meals at WDW to review since we went back for Halloween Night after we got off the ship.

The chicken satays and the orange roughy were ooooooh sooooo delish!! Talk about wanting to lick the plate clean. :goodvibes

And Cass, you weren't the only one who didn't think about a group shot with Orlan and Cindy. There were at least 3 other cameras at the table that night. :rolleyes1

It was a great last night too. Sad but still so much fun. I believe we closed down the dining room ourselves that night too. :banana: Orlan really cut loose and had us laughing up a storm!!:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2:

Sorry our hooting and hollaring made our little Kira cry though.

Kona Cafe Breakfast at Polynesian - October 31st, 2009

stolen from my trippie

We walked over to the Contemporary Resort so that we could take the monorail over to the Polynesian Hotel. It was a bit of a walk from our room. You gotta take an elevator down to the 5th floor and then walk all the way down to the south elevators (our room was next to the north elevators) and then through the ridiculously heavy doors, across the walkway (which has a great view!) and then past the 3 stores on the concourse and then up the elevator to the monorail platform. :faint:

I was worried we wouldn't get there in time, they stop serving breakfast at 11:30 but we got there at 11:25 just barely in time.

I didn't like our table (right at the front next to the hotel lobby area) but I was too tired and hungry to complain.

I have been trying to eat breakfast here for quite some time now but because it's in the Poly and we've never stayed at the MK resorts, it was always out of the way for us and we never did manage to eat there but I've read so many great reviews on this place, as soon as we decided to stay at BLT, I knew it was a must!

On the monorail ride over I told Rob about the wonderful things people say about their coffee and so right away I ordered him a french press pot.

Kira got busy with some coloring. Well, sort of. Ever since her first experience with crayons, she's had this bad habit of breaking them! Usually, she breaks them and then peels the paper off...it rather annoys me :rolleyes:

So whenever we go to a restaurant, I mentally take note of just how long it takes her to break the crayons.

17-26.jpg

Well, she did not disappoint, breaking the crayon in less than one minute :rolleyes2

17-27.jpg

What I thought was funny was that they only have blue crayons at Kona. They have this huge basket of crayons at the front desk but they are ALL blue. I laughed and asked them if they had a surplus of blue crayons they needed to get rid of. They just smiled and said "All we get are the blue ones" as if they have never even questioned it themselves :laughing:

Pretty soon Rob was on :cloud9: drinking his coffee

17-28.jpg

And not long after that, we were all happy to have our food.

I ordered the Big Kahuna (asked for the pineapple and macadamian nut butter on the side) and I gave Rob and Kira the pancakes and french toast and I ate every single bite of the rest, along with some white toast. (except for some ham and sausage I shared with Kira)

I ordered my eggs over-easy and they were perfectly done!

17-29.jpg

I hate pineapple but I tasted the macadamia nut butter and it was delish!!! Next time we go, I am going to ask for some butter on the side next time!

Kira loves her some pancakes!

17-30.jpg

Now, maybe because I was starving but everything was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!! No, better than good, it was fantastic!!!!!!!!!!

Rob loved the pineapple and macadamian nut butter, he smeared it all over the pancakes that he ordered.

His pancakes

dcl124.jpg

Kira was well behaved too and she ate quite a bit of food!

I like this photo because of the light...we were looking at the beautiful fans on the ceiling.

17-31.jpg

I must say that the service was not that fabulous but I really didn't care, the food totally made up for it! We walked out of there happy and full...even Kira!

This will definitely be a staple for us on every future trip!! Looking at the photos, I can still taste it :love:

Casey's - October 31st, 2009

We spent the night at Magic Kingdom for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Kira asked for a hot dog so we went back to Casey's. Normally, I would happily enjoy another hot dog but after the last time (blech!) I only got a hot dog for Kira and some corn dog nuggets for Rob and I.

They weren't that good and I was longing for a normal Casey's dog with the white bun :sad1:

dcl125.jpg

The fries were good and Kira enjoyed her apple slices and her hot dog wiener.

Unless they go back to the white buns, we won't be back to Casey's again :sad2: :sad1:

Kona Breakfast (again!) - November 1st, 2009

We originally had a Chef Mickey's Breakfast Buffet ADR but after our cruddy experience there earlier in the trip and our stellar visit to Kona the day before, I cancelled the CM ressie and got one for Kona again. :cool1:

This was our last meal at Disney because after we finished, we drove to the airport to start our journey home.

Our friends joined us for this last meal too, so that made it extra special.

We both ordered the same thing, the Big Kahuna. I asked for the butter and pineapple on the side again but that didn't happen this time. :sad2:

This time I got scrambled eggs and they were perfect!!! I was worried they might be too dry but they were moist and fluffy and so yummy!!

18-5.jpg

I think everyone at the table ordered the exact same thing, actually. And I think we all cleaned our plates! :rolleyes:

The food was just as delicious as the day before and we left happy and full.

Rob and I were very glad that we went back here one more time and we look forward to our next visit, where we will definitely fit in breakfast at Kona, at least once :rolleyes1 :goodvibes

Well, that concludes my 2009 dining reviews.

You can check out my completed Trip Report HERE

and you can watch all 4 parts of my video here:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Thanks for reading everyone!! :goodvibes

And...thanks for doing this Cass. I enjoyed every minute of it!!:thumbsup2:hug:

I joined in really late, but I am glad you had a great time at Disney!

I agree with you on Cafe Mickey, we went around the same time as you, and didn't get on with it at all. Being two adults, we were ignored and the food was pretty bland!

Thanks for a great trip report! :thumbsup2

heres what you got if you got a dole whip float at mnsshp on the 31st. Robin gets the pineapple float with pineapple juice and vanilla ice cream. But that nite the ice cream was GREEN!! Needless to say she had a difficult time getting past the color and didnt finish it.:sick::rotfl:

DSC04785.jpg

thanks for keeping this old Dawg entertained for a while Cass.:cutie:

Guess i'll have to head over to your blog now to get a fix from our favorite Canadians.:grouphug:

And...thanks for doing this Cass. I enjoyed every minute of it!!:thumbsup2:hug:

Thanks to my loyal reader :hug:

I joined in really late, but I am glad you had a great time at Disney!

I agree with you on Cafe Mickey, we went around the same time as you, and didn't get on with it at all. Being two adults, we were ignored and the food was pretty bland!

Thanks for a great trip report! :thumbsup2

Never too late to join the party :cool1: Thanks for reading! :goodvibes

heres what you got if you got a dole whip float at mnsshp on the 31st. Robin gets the pineapple float with pineapple juice and vanilla ice cream. But that nite the ice cream was GREEN!! Needless to say she had a difficult time getting past the color and didnt finish it.:sick::rotfl:

DSC04785.jpg

Sucks for those of you who ordered the vanilla! :crazy2: We ordered the pineapple and it was normal colour :thumbsup2 Don't think I could have eaten the green stuff :lmao:

17-61.jpg

thanks for keeping this old Dawg entertained for a while Cass.:cutie:

Guess i'll have to head over to your blog now to get a fix from our favorite Canadians.:grouphug:

You just get better mister! :hug: And yeah, no more threads for me for awhile. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter