Castaway 5k Questions

WaltsMartini

Mouseketeer
I’m a fussy runner and I have questions!

Light pre-run snack - does Cabanas have bananas and/or peanut butter?

I typically listen to Spotify while I run - will I be able to do that on Castaway without Wi-Fi? I’m assuming no and I should load my phone or apple watch with some tunes.

Food on Castway - I know Cookie’s serves lunch but looking to grab some sort of snack for right after the run. Is there anything available or should I grab something on the ship and bring it with me?

Cabanas will have bananas and peanut butter. If you need a post-run snack bring it with you off the ship or go back to the ship get what you want and come back off (it's very easy).

Technically the island is supposed to have ship wifi but I have never gotten it to work so I would suggest you download to your device to listen to music off-line.

Have fun!

And you know it’s a DIY, not coordinated activity now?

Lunch at Cookies, Cookies Too, and Serenity Bay BBQ is from 11:30 - 2:00

Peanut butter: I’ve seen crocks of it next to the toast in the buffet; I don’t know about little packs. Anyone remember?

I am also fussy to eat before I run. No issues getting toast and peanut butter and a banana at cabanas. Download your music. Keep in mind you are not supposed to bring food that is not pre-packaged off the ship-even at Castaway. We used to sneak a piece of fruit from Cookies after our 5K (or we would ask). Plan on packing something, if you need it-Cliff bar etc., to hold you over until lunch. If you have a cabana it will be stocked with fruit, snacks and water.

It's pretty easy to download your Spotify playlists to listen to when you don't have music. I'm a group fitness instructor and I do this all the time so I can put my phone in airplane mode while I teach (do not disturb doesn't always work).

You're running 5k on vacation? Woah. You are so motivated. I can't do it. I just want to be lazy.
For me, when I exercise on vacation, it's one of the few times I get to exercise for myself. As a group fitness instructor, I'm always leading the workout. I have to have my brain turned on the whole time, constantly thinking. And the workout isn't for me - it's for them. When I'm not at work, I love being able to do a brainless exercise.

Plus for me, exercise is sort of like brushing my teeth. I feel all gross if I don't do it. I recently went out of town and took a few days off thinking that some extra recovery would be good for me. I was a WRECK when I got back to work. I can't be idle. My body just completely rebels when I go back to work.

Course question....I know I have to run the loop twice. Is there a preference or strategy of should I run the loop twice then had down to the beach or run the loop once, go to the beach and then run the loop again?

I run 5K three times a week... I'd happily run it on the island instead of my treadmill any day. It's a treat if you're a runner.
A treat!? People must call you the flash, huh? lol <3

Are you the kind of runner that when you go to the doctor and they test your blood pressure, it's beeps because it thinks you have low blood pressure?

Wait a minute, I’ve never done the loop twice. Are you serious?! Talk about fooling myself for years now.
Woops!

I've gotten very out of shape in the last few years, so last time I was determined to just walk the distance. I started my watch when we got off the ship, walked to the runway and the loop, did the circle part of the loop twice and then back to the finish line and was at exactly 3.1. I made my own course and was perfectly fine with it!

A treat!? People must call you the flash, huh? lol <3

Are you the kind of runner that when you go to the doctor and they test your blood pressure, it's beeps because it thinks you have low blood pressure?
Haha hardly a flash! I just jog at 6mph-ish for 30-32 min to get there. I’m a hot sweaty mess after that I assure you, and not really interested in going further. 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter