Castle Club here we come!

jodyb

DIS Veteran
Well for those of you that have been following my decisions/indecisions over where to stay and what to do about transfers for our 7 night trip in January... I know... you've been losing sleep over this.... so here is my FINAL decision!! :-)

We'll arrive at CDG Terminal 3 on Jan. 9th at 5:30 AM... and I've booked a private taxi service through our Israeli travel agent for 75 Euros, to take us to DLP. The taxi will take us to: (drum roll please)..... Disneyland Hotel! I've gone ahead and booked our first two nights there - Castle Club - (it was the same price as 3 nights in a standard... so I decided to go for the full experience!). After the first two nights we'll transfer to the Sequoia Lodge for 5 nights. The price difference is absolutely obscene (one night of castle club for price of 5 nights at Sequoia with AP discount!) but I just knew I would regret it if we didn't do it this time. So now I am SO excited!!!

So Castle Club experts, I have a question (I'm sure I'll have more before we leave, but this is my CURRENT question! :D

Do you think there is any chance that when we arrive at the DL Hotel at the ungodly hour of 7 AM or so.... that we can still get the Castle Club welcome and dare I even hope a cup of coffee in the CC lounge? In my really bold dreams I imagine getting our room... it is after all the off-off season, and we'll have been up at that point for 24 hours! Anyway, what does anyone reckon the hotel will DO with us at that hour?? The park only opens at 10, and we'll be falling over exhausted!

Also, anything else I should be aware of with CC? It's me and my 13 year old daughter.

Oh, and have I mentioned I'm EXCITED?????

:earsboy: :wave: :earsboy: :wave:

Jody

I am soo excited for you and your daughter :bounce:

Did not realise the difference with the castle club and standard rooms, but what a way to begin the magic.

I imagine that this is one house that cannot wait for Christmas to be finished :D

Regards
Reid :jester:

WOW Jody!!!!!!!! :Pinkbounc That sounds wonderful. And you'll get to enjoy the last day of Christmas right next to the park!

BTW your taxi fare doesn't too bad - and I'm sure it will be worth every cent at 6 o'clock in the morning! :teeth:

Becky, I was almost ready to book one of the towncar services advertised - and they all asked 90 Euros to Disney hotels, but I didn't think I had a choice. Then I found out that the travel agent I booked my charter flight with has a deal with Euro City Shuttle so that we could book for "only" 75 Euros. I am even hoping that there might be another family on our charter that is also going to Disney that we could share the ride with, but I'm not sure that will be the case since it won't be a school holiday here and taking children out is very frowned upon! (read: *I* am frowned upon!! But I don't care - for my kids, Disney has always been part of "education"!! My two boys are grown and insist they don't "get" my Disney obsession but my 13 year old daughter is still my very willing travel companion!

I'll let you all know how Euro City Shuttle works out and what their regular rates are when I write my trip report which is probably going to be LOOOOONNNG!!

Now the question is - can my nerves sustain this level of extreme excitement all the way until January 9?? :Pinkbounc :jumping4: :flower1:

Jody, how wonderful!

You must be soooooo excited. I would like a full report on your return, as we are hoping to do Castle Club in Feb 06........or the New York, I still can't decide!

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter