• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Catherine & Jesse - PJ & TR: TR Day 2 - hair & make up trial, updated 11/5

BaBeeCee14

DIS Veteran
I’m so excited to start my PJ. I love reading everyone’s PJs and TRs and you have all given me some great ideas for my wedding. Everyone here has been really helpful and I hope that by writing this PJ, I will also be able to help someone else in return.

I am a huge Disney fanatic! DF wasn’t really into Disney and couldn’t really understand why I had to keep going back. I went on a few trips without him because he refused to go with me. Then one day he surprised me by telling me that he would take me there because he knew how much I wanted him to go with me one day. We went to Disney World together for the first time in November 2006. I remember while we were on the Magical Express heading to the airport to go home, he whispered in my ear: “I don’t want to go home yet.” I had the biggest smile on my face when I heard that because that’s when I knew he was hooked and we would be back again soon. Since then, we bought annual passes and went back to Disney 6 more times together :banana:

The Proposal:

In October of 2006 (before DF realized he loved Disney) I went to Disney with my sister and 2 cousins because we were going to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party for the first time. We had so much fun that we decided to go again this year. I told DF that he should come with us but he said he couldn’t because he had just started a new job a few months ago and couldn’t take the time off. I was sad, but I understood where he was coming from. We were at Animal Kingdom in the morning and DF had called a couple of times to see what we were doing. I told him we were leaving AK soon to go to Epcot for our 2:50 ADR at Garden Grill. We got to Epcot and while we were walking underneath Spaceship Earth (one of my favorite rides), I hear someone behind me yell “Excuse me, your cell phone is ringing.” I turned around to see who was saying that because how could they know my cell phone was ringing if my phone was on vibrate? I turned around and there was DF standing right in front of me. I was shocked and all I said was “what are you doing here?” My sister and cousins were all just as confused as I was. He then said to me, are you surprised? I told him yes and he said he had another surprise for me. He took out the ring got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I was totally speechless, shocked, happy… I had so many emotions going through me at the same time, but I managed to say yes. A lot of people were clapping and saying congratulations. Sometimes I still can’t believe it happened.

IMG_0274.jpg

Here is a reenactment of the proposal. He even brought his Incredibles t-shirt so he can match us for the rest of the day.

IMG_0273.jpg

Here were are dressed as the Incredibles, taking some fun Halloween pictures with our costumes on

Later on he told me that he had taken a 7am flight that morning to Orlando and just waited at the Epcot entrance for us to come in. He knew were going be in Epcot by 2:30 because we had a 2:50 ADR. He spotted us as soon as we came in because you couldn’t miss us by the way we were dressed. He was also walking behind us and was trying to call me to mess around with me some more before surprising me, but I didn’t realize my phone was ringing. Which is why he said that whole “Excuse me, your cell phone is ringing” comment.

That night I moved all my stuff from my room at All Star Sports to his room at Coronado Springs. When we came in, we were greeted by these guys:
DSC03130.jpg

DF had asked the front desk if they could make some special towel animals for me because I love towel animals and he was going to propose to me that day.

Here is a picture of my e-ring
DSC03131.jpg

Hooray! I'm so happy you started your planning journal! :cool1: You're guys' story is so adorable! And I love that picture of all you guys dressed up as the Incredibles, that's too cute. Congratulations and I look forward to seeing all of your plans!

What a romantic story! That is so wonderful! Just think of the lifetime of Disney memories you will share, starting with those two very special memories - that moment on ME and that awesome proposal!

Looking forward to hearing all about your planning!

Awww!! Your fiance sounds like such a sweetie! I'm sure it took a lot of planning on his part to catch up with you! Good Luck! Can't wait to hear more! BTW I LOVE your ring! What size is the center stone? it looks geourgous!

yay! you started a pj! what an "incredible" engagement story, your ring is beautiful! i love it! i can't wait to read about all of your plans!

Yay! You started your PJ! I love your proposal story- so romantic and I LOVE your ring- it's breathtaking! :)

Hooray! I'm so happy you started your planning journal! :cool1: You're guys' story is so adorable! And I love that picture of all you guys dressed up as the Incredibles, that's too cute. Congratulations and I look forward to seeing all of your plans!

Hi!! Thank you so much for reading! Dressing up as the Incredibles was a lot of fun. We did it for Halloween last year as well and a lot of the CM's got a kick out of it. Only this time I got engaged in it :)

What a romantic story! That is so wonderful! Just think of the lifetime of Disney memories you will share, starting with those two very special memories - that moment on ME and that awesome proposal!

Looking forward to hearing all about your planning!

Hi Cam! Thank you for reading! I will never forgot those 2 moments. They were definitely really special to me and I can't wait for the new memories that are about to come. I'm sure you can't either - your VR is going to be beautiful!

Awww!! Your fiance sounds like such a sweetie! I'm sure it took a lot of planning on his part to catch up with you! Good Luck! Can't wait to hear more! BTW I LOVE your ring! What size is the center stone? it looks geourgous!

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! I love my ring too :goodvibes. The center stone is an emerald cut, 1.12 carat.
I honestly have to say I was rather impressed with his planning. I was the planner for all of our trips. I booked everything..room, ME, ADRs, flights... you name it. All he had to do was show up. So the fact that he managed to book everything by himself without my knowledge was amazing. I taught him well ;)

yay! you started a pj! what an "incredible" engagement story, your ring is beautiful! i love it! i can't wait to read about all of your plans!

;) Thank you Caryn! I've wanted to start a PJ for some time now. It just took me awhile to get all my things together. Thank you for reading!!

Yay! You started your PJ! I love your proposal story- so romantic and I LOVE your ring- it's breathtaking! :)

Awww! Thank you helloirishkitty!

I must confess that I started planning for my Disney wedding even before I got engaged. I knew it was going to happen eventually, I just didn’t know when. Thanks to the disboards and all you wonderful ladies, I was able to get some great ideas and I pretty much knew exactly what kind of wedding I wanted.

So as soon as we came home from our trip, I called Disney right away to book a date. A couple days later I got a call from Pam Pearce telling me that I got my date, time, and all the locations I wanted. I was super excited!!!! :woohoo: Pam was great! She was really helpful and was always really quick in getting back to me when I had a question. I received my contract and sent it back about 3 weeks ago. I recently got assigned Celeste as my WP. I’ve only spoken to Celeste once so far, but she seems very sweet.

I will be having a custom/Wishes wedding with around 40 – 50 guests. My favorite color is purple so I’ve decided to use different shades of purple for my wedding colors. I’ve always loved the whole hidden Mickey thing so I decided to use that as my theme for the wedding. Its going to be a hidden and not so hidden Mickey theme because there are going to be some obvious Mickey’s around.

When I first decided I wanted a Disney wedding I wasn’t sure how to go about it because I lived so far away. I was thinking how in the world am I going to know where and who to go to? This board definitely put those worries to rest.

Randy Chapman was the second person I contacted after Disney. Disney hadn’t even confirmed my date, but I was worried that Randy would get booked if I didn’t call right away. I got his number off his website and Linda answered the phone. She was very sweet on the phone and told me that Randy was available on my date and for the whole day!! So I booked the 7 hour package with him. I’ve already sent in my deposit and contract.

The next person I contacted was Beaute Speciale. A lot of brides on here have used Ana in the past and have been very happy with her. I sent them an email and that night I got a response from someone named Veronica letting me know that they were available for my date. She also told me that they couldn’t confirm right now that it would be Ana who would be doing my hair/makeup since the day was so far away. She said that as the day gets closer we could confirm it.

Then I had to choose an officiant. I decided to go with Rev. Kevin Knox. He was great with responding to my emails. Anytime I had a question for him, I would get a response before the end of the day. I sent him a deposit and he sent me some samples of the different ceremonies that he had. I basically cut and paste the parts I wanted from each section and put together my own thing.

More plans to come! With pictures! :goodvibes

Wow! You have made so much progress already! I am so happy for you to see that all of the vendors you wanted are available. That must be such a relief! Everything sounds great! The Living Seas looks like such a lovely place for a reception. My big concern has been about my guests having to have park tickets if we did an EPCOT location. Will your guests have to have park tickets to attend the reception and dessert party?

Wow! You have made so much progress already! I am so happy for you to see that all of the vendors you wanted are available. That must be such a relief! Everything sounds great! The Living Seas looks like such a lovely place for a reception. My big concern has been about my guests having to have park tickets if we did an EPCOT location. Will your guests have to have park tickets to attend the reception and dessert party?

Hi Cam! No, if you are having a ceremony, reception, or a dessert party at one of the parks, the guests will not need park tickets to get in. The only thing is that Disney will require you to hire a motorcoach to take the guests through a backstage area and have them enter through there. They will not be going through the main entrance like everyone else. There will be CM's leading you into your location. HTH!

Oh, that is so great to know! Thank you! By the way, I'm sorry that I don't know your name. I always feel badly about not calling someone by their name. I hope you are having a wonderful day, full of Disney wedding dreams! :sunny:

::cough cough:: Excuse me, I do believe you forgot to put down your cinematagrapher/editor/consultant/wedding ruiner :laughing:

& btw I thought of another great idea fpr ur video and I'm not telling u! (I really do have another great idea, not just making it up to spite u LOL)

Oh, that is so great to know! Thank you! By the way, I'm sorry that I don't know your name. I always feel badly about not calling someone by their name. I hope you are having a wonderful day, full of Disney wedding dreams! :sunny:

Glad I could help! My name is Catherine, but don't feel bad. ;)
What an awesome proposal! Congratulations!

Thank you so much for reading!

::cough cough:: Excuse me, I do believe you forgot to put down your cinematagrapher/editor/consultant/wedding ruiner :laughing:

& btw I thought of another great idea fpr ur video and I'm not telling u! (I really do have another great idea, not just making it up to spite u LOL)

I'd like everyone to meet one of my bridesmaids/videographer :rotfl:. She is the "Incredible" on the far right of the picture. ;)

Hi Catherine,
So glad you started a PJ. I LOVE your ring. It is so pretty! Can't wait to hear all of the details!!!

Ok ladies, I need some help. I'm having a little bit of trouble deciding which dress I like more. I'm going to just post the link on here in case DF comes across my PJ. Please let me know what you think.

Jesse, don't look - you promised...

I've only tried on dress #1 and I really love it, but I really like #2 and #3 also.

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress....&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=8&style=A602

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress....&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=8&style=A614

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress....&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=8&style=S774

#1 just feels really princess-y to me and I like that it has some "poof" to it. The other 2 have a similar style but not as much poofiness. :rotfl: I don't even think thats a word, but oh well. I would love to hear what you guys think.

#1 just feels really princess-y to me and I like that it has some "poof" to it. The other 2 have a similar style but not as much poofiness. :rotfl: I don't even think thats a word, but oh well. I would love to hear what you guys think.

you need to go with #1. poofiness is a word. if the poof is important to you then you need to go with it. that's one of the reasons i'm a 2 dress bride, my #1 didn't have enough poof!

I STILL cant believe nobody told me. SHOCKED. just SHOCKED.
Hello everyone MOH here :goodvibes Incredible on far left:yay:

Hi Catherine! All of your plans look great so far! I like all three of the dresses, but I also like #1 the best. Every girl needs a little extra "poofiness" on her big day! It's absolutely gorgeous!

Hey there!! My vote is for dress #3. I love all of the embroidery and the way that the sash cascades in the back. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter