Catherine & Jesse - PJ & TR: TR Day 2 - hair & make up trial, updated 11/5

Sahara$20Bouquet.jpg

I really like this bouquet!

I was thinking about using an outside florist for my flowers. I will have to get my floral for the reception from Disney since its at LSS. I might go to Peddles for the bouquets, boutennires, and rose petals. I'm going to contact them and maybe see if I can get a quote. I'm not quite sure how much Disney will be charging me if I were to get all the bouquets from them, but it will probably be a lot more than Peddles.:confused3

I might go with Peddles as well, once I see what Disney wants to charge me (I want lots of flowers :goodvibes ) ... I never realized that flowers were so expensive until now!

i'm making my own bouquet jeweled initials out of initial necklaces i bought that were on sale for the holidays. i also bought a huge rhinestone pin that i'm going to convert as well!

Thats a great idea Caryn :thumbsup2! I just might have to add that to the "project list". I love how you're so crafty. I gotta say though, I do get frustrated easily and might just go out and buy them:rolleyes:

The flowers are gorgeous! I like the 1st one!

Thanks Kristen! Those are my favorite too. I love the mix of different flowers.

LOL are you posting everything in your wedding book

Haha yup! Pretty much!

I really like this bouquet!

I might go with Peddles as well, once I see what Disney wants to charge me (I want lots of flowers :goodvibes ) ... I never realized that flowers were so expensive until now!

Hey Liz!
Thanks! I really like this bouquet too. I love how all the colors blend so well in the bouquet, thats why I don't know if my purple flowers will work in it. I don't really want the purple to stick out like a sore thumb, but rather flow with the rest of the colors. I don't know if that made sense to anyone :rotfl: I want a lot of flowers too which is why I'm really scared to find out what Disney is going to charge me.
In LSS they only have tables of 6 that you must use. Which means: smaller tables = more tables = more centerpieces = more $$$ = :scared1:. I'll probably have to just cut down on the actual centerpiece size. Anyway, Kristen was saying that so far her experience with Peddles has been great so that might definitely be an option.

Love the bouquet on the top right! They are so pretty. I also love the idea of initals!!! I'm either going to do his last intial or a monogram. Can't decide!!! Everything looks great! Oh, BTW I finally saw the dresses. I LOVE the first one. It is amazing!!!

Love the bouquet on the top right! They are so pretty. I also love the idea of initals!!! I'm either going to do his last intial or a monogram. Can't decide!!! Everything looks great! Oh, BTW I finally saw the dresses. I LOVE the first one. It is amazing!!!

Thanks Kendra! That is my favorite too, but its the only dress I've tried on so far. I think I'll know if thats the dress I really want after I try on some others.

I was looking around on blue nile the other day and found a couple wedding bands I like. I wanted a wedding band that square shaped diamonds in it so it would sort of match my e-ring. This is my e-ring:

DM36500500_EC_125_200zoom.jpg

And this is the wedding band I want:
AB15502700_200zoom.jpg

My e-ring is an emerald cut, but the wedding band diamonds are princess cut. I think it will still look nice together. DF isn't completely sold on this ring yet because he said its too expensive, but I'm working on it. I'm going to be wearing it everyday... so why not have something I love? :)

This is the other band I thought was nice too but wasn't sure if it would look good with my e-ring. There is a pretty big price difference between the 2 and I'm sure DF would rather I get this one based on the price factor.
AB15500300_200zoom.jpg

But price issue aside, which band do you think would look nicer with my e-ring?

I think we are going to get a simple wedding band for DF. Something similar to this:
WB36502400_200zoom.jpg

When did you guys start buying your wedding bands? Its probably too soon to pick out wedding bands already, but its always fun to look.

I really love the second wedding band. I think it matches your e-ring perfectly and beautifully.

I really LOVE the first wedding band!

If your DF would rather you have the second one, just remember that the first one is an eternity band and you can always get it for a later anniversary ;)

I like the second one too. I think it'll match perfectly with your e-ring. Did you get your e-ring on bluenile too?

Btw... my wedding is in ONE MONTH and I dont have a wedding ring yet! I'm not worried though... we're planning to have a jeweler friend make ours. If that doesnt work out, i'll get them on bluenile with overnight shipping :)

I picked the same one!!! I'll be home in a week, dress shopping!:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Yay! :cheer2: I can't wait!

I really love the second wedding band. I think it matches your e-ring perfectly and beautifully.

Thank you! I'm really starting to like that one a lot too. At first I wasn't sure because the shapes of the diamonds on the wedding band are all different from the shapes on my e-ring. So I was afraid it would "clash". I don't know, maybe I'm just being picky.

I really LOVE the first wedding band!

If your DF would rather you have the second one, just remember that the first one is an eternity band and you can always get it for a later anniversary ;)

That is very true! I love the idea of getting it for an anniversary. Plus it'll give is some more time to save up for it :)

I like the second one too. I think it'll match perfectly with your e-ring. Did you get your e-ring on bluenile too?

Btw... my wedding is in ONE MONTH and I dont have a wedding ring yet! I'm not worried though... we're planning to have a jeweler friend make ours. If that doesnt work out, i'll get them on bluenile with overnight shipping :)

Yes, my e-ring and all the wedding bands are from blue nile. I love that site! And it can't get any better with free overnight shipping ;). Be sure to post your wedding bands when you get them! I would love to see how they look!

Mousekeeping Envelopes
I was on the creative designs board the other day and I came across a thread that had all of these really cute designs for Mousekeeping envelopes. I heard somewhere that if you just leave money on the table for Mousekeeping, they aren’t suppose to take it, unless there is a note or something saying the tip is for them. I’m not sure if this is true, but if it is – I thought this was such a cute way to give it to them.

DSC03155.jpg

There is a Chip & Dale (my favorite characters) envelope which we can use at any resort. The last one has a wedding theme on it, which we will use when paying our vendors. I believe I also saw some Disney cruise designs that I want to use for when we go on our cruise.

Kid’s Welcome Bags
I haven’t made the actual bags yet, but these are the things I’m going to put in the welcome bags for the kids that will be coming to the wedding. I will also have a welcome bag for each family, but I thought it would be cute for the kids to have their own bags as well. There will be around 7 kids coming, mostly girls and a few boys.

DSC03164.jpg

The girls love the princesses so those things were pretty easy to find. I got the boys some “Cars” and “POTC” themed things. I found everything for $1 either at Target or Michaels. Can’t get any better than that. :woohoo:

More to come!

Catherine... there's another thing you're ahead of me on! I havent even THOUGHT about my program yet! I'm sooooo behind and the days are running out :eek:

i like the program! it looks great! mark doesn't want to read what i wrote in ours either, yet he keeps bothering me about what song i'm walking down the aisle to...:rolleyes1 he could just look in there and find out!!!

Catherine... there's another thing you're ahead of me on! I havent even THOUGHT about my program yet! I'm sooooo behind and the days are running out :eek:

I know... I see all the things that Catherine has accomplished and I realize that I need to get going!!!! :rotfl:

I know... I see all the things that Catherine has accomplished and I realize that I need to get going!!!! :rotfl:

I was thinking to myself when I was first making this, why am I starting this so soon? I have so much time! But I love doing crafty things and when I had the idea in my head of what I wanted them to look like, I couldn't wait to get started. Its not done yet, I still need to figure out what songs I want to use.

i like the program! it looks great! mark doesn't want to read what i wrote in ours either, yet he keeps bothering me about what song i'm walking down the aisle to...:rolleyes1 he could just look in there and find out!!!

Caryn, that made me laugh :rotfl:

Love the programs!

Thank you!

I can't decide if I want to do a buffet or plated dinner. Our reception is going to be from 4:30 - 8:30. There won't be any dancing so we won't have a DJ. DF and I will still probably have our first dance, but thats about it. We are going to either bring a cd or our ipod for background music.

So, what I'm thinking is - should I go for the plated dinner because it will probably take longer? I think it will help the time go by because I feel like people will eat much faster if there is a buffet. I also was thinking about having the ice sculpture sorbet course and I heard that you can only have it for plated dinners :confused3

Does anyone know for the plated dinner, if you can have more than one option for the entree? For example a beef entree and a fish entree and the guest can choose which one they'd rather have?

I also like the buffet because it gets people to move around and mingle. You also get a lot more food options with the buffet. Thing is, I'm afraid that people will eat too fast and then be bored for the rest of the reception.

I'm just kind of lost with this whole thing and don't know which one to choose :confused:

you can have a choice of entrees, but it's more expensive. if this helps...the buffet is served for an hour and a half. i am renting a cd boombox for our reception, we have the pianist, but he'll take breaks so i need to make cds...anyway...hth.

I really like the idea of a sit down dinner. Also, I agree that it would take up more time. Plus a sorbet course would be really different. The only thing I don't know is if a sit down cost more than the buffet.

Sit-down meals and buffets seem to work out about the same price-wise with Disney, unless you're talking about say a brunch buffet vs. sit-down dinner.

I'm not sure how much mingling the buffet really encourages, since at every wedding reception I've been to, people don't stand around chatting on the way to eat - they make a beeline for the food! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter