Catherine & Jesse - PJ & TR: TR Day 2 - hair & make up trial, updated 11/5

For some reason I'm really wanting a plated dinner. Just because all the weddings I've been to have been buffet style. I've only been to one wedding that was plated and I really enjoyed it. DF is more concerned with there being enough food options for everyone. For example, if we pick the chicken, what if certain people don't like chicken? Which is where having the guest choose their entree came up.

I think Caryn is right about it being more expensive to have the guest choose. I feel like I read that somewhere and they were saying that the food would also take longer to come out if I chose that option.

The plated dinner and buffet come out to about almost the same, not too much of a difference. Its more of the style in which I want dinner to be served that I'm not sure about. The sorbet course with the ice sculpture is so unique and I really wanted to add that on, but $20 per person is pretty steep so I might still change my mind.

my planner told me that i couldn't do the sorbet with a buffet if that helps!

i have never been to a wedding with a buffet, but i'm having one because I LOVE VARIETY. if i actually get to eat at my own wedding, i'll have like 7 different things on my plate...

I really wanted a plated dinner but with ariels we cant have that. Weddings here are always plated so I thought it would be good to have the buffet.

When we go to wedding here we never get a choice and its mostly chicken as everyone will mostly eat it. I think if you want a plated then go for it your paying for it and its your day, dont worry about what other people will want as long as you will both eat.

Thats what we are diong cos we are always trying to please veryone and you just cant do it all the time

For some reason I'm really wanting a plated dinner. Just because all the weddings I've been to have been buffet style. I've only been to one wedding that was plated and I really enjoyed it. DF is more concerned with there being enough food options for everyone. For example, if we pick the chicken, what if certain people don't like chicken? Which is where having the guest choose their entree came up.

I think Caryn is right about it being more expensive to have the guest choose. I feel like I read that somewhere and they were saying that the food would also take longer to come out if I chose that option.

The plated dinner and buffet come out to about almost the same, not too much of a difference. Its more of the style in which I want dinner to be served that I'm not sure about. The sorbet course with the ice sculpture is so unique and I really wanted to add that on, but $20 per person is pretty steep so I might still change my mind.

I REALLY wanted a Sorbet Course, but I'm having a Buffet, so it wasn't an option. I was also a big sit-down dinner girl until my coordinator mentioned the mingling thing. Most of DF's family has never met my family so maybe they will talk! heh.

I, like Caryn, also love variety. I'll be making a point of it to try everything at my wedding! :)

Caryn, Liz, and Orangetiggs:
For the buffet, do you guys know if the dishes get refilled if it gets finished? I'm just wondering because don't want anything run out. I went to a wedding once that had a buffet and they never refilled the food. Our table was one of the last tables called up and we were literally scraping the bottom of all the pans for whatever was left. No one was able to get seconds because there was barely even enough food to begin with. It was pretty sad and I don't want that to happen.

I have my planning session on feb 5th so its one of the questions i'm going to ask but i'm sure someone on here will answer before then

We originally planned to serve a double entree at the plated dinner (both beef and chicken) no sorbet, and the cost was about $150.00 (with taxes) pp (that included the cocktail hour food also)......:eek:

So you could have a double entree maybe fish and chicken for less $$. We are from the south and usually all wedding receptions are buffets but my daughter wanted the plated dinner because she felt it would be more sophisticated, etc...... we ended up cutting the budget some and reduced it back to one single entree of chicken.....but you do have the option (at least with the GF catering)

The rehearsal dinner is going to be buffet (courtesy of the groom's parents) so it should make for a nice variety of dining options for the two nights:yay:

i choose plated Cat. Corsets can and WILL break.....just thought i might throw that out there. Dress shopping in 3 weeks!!!:banana:

from my expereicnce the sit down will take alot of your time which will be good.
i had 6 courses and it was about two hours.
did you think of a lideshow prsentation of maybe a mix and mingle hunt or somthing. if you dont want any additional i definalty think that the sit down will make time go by

as for sorbet it was so cute.

and for the plated question yes ou can have them chooses but it is called "crown servic" it is much more expensize. what i did was had a duo plate and it has both entrees on the same plate everyonw loved it!

For the buffet, do you guys know if the dishes get refilled if it gets finished?

Yes they do get refilled. For my buffet I picked skillet serving dishes vs the usual rectangular banquet servers. They look a lot more modern and are also smaller so they can be changed out more often as food runs out... keeping the food fresh!

I have my planning session on feb 5th so its one of the questions i'm going to ask but i'm sure someone on here will answer before then

Great! That was one of my main concerns about having the buffet, but according to Kristen, they are refilled :thumbsup2

oh my god i didn't even think of this :cool2: :sick: :confused: :scared1: :cool2:

Don't worry Caryn, according to Kristen they are refilled. And the only reason I thought of this is because of the other wedding I went that did not refill and I was still pretty hungry by the end of that night :guilty:

We originally planned to serve a double entree at the plated dinner (both beef and chicken) no sorbet, and the cost was about $150.00 (with taxes) pp (that included the cocktail hour food also)......:eek:

So you could have a double entree maybe fish and chicken for less $$. We are from the south and usually all wedding receptions are buffets but my daughter wanted the plated dinner because she felt it would be more sophisticated, etc...... we ended up cutting the budget some and reduced it back to one single entree of chicken.....but you do have the option (at least with the GF catering)

The rehearsal dinner is going to be buffet (courtesy of the groom's parents) so it should make for a nice variety of dining options for the two nights:yay:

I was considering the double entree also, but $150 pp is a lot. Maybe switching out for 2 cheaper entrees will work out better? Great tip, thank you! We will also be having a welcome dinner at Ohana the night before.

i choose plated Cat. Corsets can and WILL break.....just thought i might throw that out there. Dress shopping in 3 weeks!!!:banana:

I had a feeling you would pick plated :goodvibes I just hope I don't pop out of my dress :rolleyes1.

from my expereicnce the sit down will take alot of your time which will be good.
i had 6 courses and it was about two hours.
did you think of a lideshow prsentation of maybe a mix and mingle hunt or somthing. if you dont want any additional i definalty think that the sit down will make time go by

as for sorbet it was so cute.

and for the plated question yes ou can have them chooses but it is called "crown servic" it is much more expensize. what i did was had a duo plate and it has both entrees on the same plate everyonw loved it!

Thank you so much Victoria! Yes it was called crown service, I remember now. Yea I think I'd rather go for the double entree option. Which 2 entrees did you end up picking?

Yes they do get refilled. For my buffet I picked skillet serving dishes vs the usual rectangular banquet servers. They look a lot more modern and are also smaller so they can be changed out more often as food runs out... keeping the food fresh!

Thanks for the information Kristen! I think a few other buffet brides were wondering the same thing :goodvibes

not a prob. i went with the beef they called filet with the tyme sauce and the parm coated chicken with the parma rosa sauce. with asiagao mash potato and baby carrots with butter sauce. so yummy

Its 4am and im suppose to be packing but id rather do this. Id go with the first shoe sample and the band (not the princess u and i both chose) but the second one looks like it would go more with your ring. Da. :wizard:

We got our APs and signed contract the other day! :woohoo: I was worried at first because Celeste’s assistant told me that it was sent certified mail and someone would need to sign for it. DF and I both work during the day so no one would be home and I was afraid I would miss it. Luckily it came on a Saturday and we got it with no problems :yay:.

We are scheduled to go down to Disney for our planning session on April 4th :banana:. I’m so excited to go! Unfortunately we won’t be able to stay very long :sad1:, just a weekend trip. We were originally going to activate our new APs when we go down for the PS, but we would only be there for 2 days. After the PS we won’t be going back to Disney again till October for the wedding. We would be wasting 6 months worth of valuable AP time for the months in between April and October. We still have some regular park day tickets left over from previous trips that we’ll use and just activate the APs when we go down for the wedding in October.

Wedding Cake

Celeste sent me the information with all the different types of wedding cakes that they have. There are so many that I like! But the one that I like the most is the Mickey Wave Cake.

MickeyWave-SmallSilver.jpg

Its simple, pretty , and goes with my hidden Mickey theme. I also love the white chocolate castle. I was thinking of maybe changing the ribbon they have around the bottom of the cake to a purple ribbon.

I don’t think we will be bringing home the anniversary layer home because we will still be in Disney for another 12 days after the wedding. We’ll probably just take it back to the room and snack on it. I definitely want to try to take the chocolate castle home though. I think I read somewhere that they will ship it to your home for $45 for the small castle and $75 for the larger castle.

After looking at the cake flavor list, I’ve decided to go with these flavors: almond cake with amaretto mousse, red velvet cake with cream cheese filling, and yellow cake with Bavarian cream & fresh strawberries. I’m not sure which layer will have which yet, but I would like each guest to have 2 slices of cake (different flavors). I’m planning to taste these cake flavors during my PS so based on how that goes, the flavors may or may not change.

Displayidea.jpg

This is how I want our cake table to look, except with maybe a lavender color and silver runners.
I believe this picture came from Carrie’s PJ (Thanks Carrie, I hope you don’t mind ;)). I love the way it looks, very simple – not too much going on. I might have the bridesmaids put their flowers on the table, but I’m not sure yet.

I bought this garter set on ebay a few months ago. I don’t know if you can see it but one of the garters has Cinderella’s coach on it and the other has the glass slipper. I love them! The lady who made them was super nice and customized one for me in purple. We won’t be doing a garter toss, but I thought it would be fun to wear them anyway.

DSC03166.jpg

I also bought these on ebay and I’m going to iron them on to tank tops for the bridesmaids. I saw a few other dis brides do this and thought it was really cute. We’ll probably wear them during the rehearsal and the welcome dinner. I’m going to wear the “Just Married” one the day after the wedding.

DSC03168.jpg

Thats all I have for today. I hope everyone has a Happy New Year!!! party:

Displayidea.jpg

This is how I want our cake table to look, except with maybe a lavender color and silver runners.
I believe this picture came from Carrie’s PJ (Thanks Carrie, I hope you don’t mind ;)). I love the way it looks, very simple – not too much going on.

Hooray for simple cake tables! Maybe together we can start a new trend. ;)

count me into the simple cake table club. i told my planner's asst that i didn't want it to look like it was floating on a cloud...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter