CCV projected to increase from $188 to $210 on 6/1/19

The reason I blink so much when I see current pricing (and think about future pricing) is that the purchasing power for most consumers hasn't budged much at all over the last 20-30 years. Wages have risen only slightly for middle class earners (even less for minimum wagers) and costs for consumer goods continues to outpace the wages. Disney's pricing has been even more aggressive. Points that I bought 10 years ago have an intrinsic value in that the point system has remained largely in my favor (despite recent attempts by Disney). Buying into the same essential system but for twice (and soon to be three) times what I paid makes no sense whatsoever for me. My "real" wages have not increased more than a couple of percent in any given year and, in some cases, has remained nearly stagnant. Disney could build the most elaborately themed, gorgeous resort possible and offer it for $200 a point, and I still wouldn't think twice about buying. Now, there are those out there who can afford to pay $300 a point without blinking, but they're bound for a different Disney than I can afford. DVC simply isn't a financial commitment I can recommend for the average middle class family. And that is a telling point about the direction Disney is headed. . .

Same here, there is no way I would ever consider buying DVC at today's direct prices. I wonder if there has been an increase in the number of people financing or are people just buying smaller contracts and staying in smaller rooms.

Same here, there is no way I would ever consider buying DVC at today's direct prices. I wonder if there has been an increase in the number of people financing or are people just buying smaller contracts and staying in smaller rooms.
I bought a few resale contracts during 2007-2013. Those I bought really cheap with loaded points. Those contracts appreciated tremendously where I was able to sell them and purchase VGF and CCV direct, offsetting the increased price per point. If not for those profits I would not have bought direct. I just dont know how people can justify paying these direct prices.

I think both but especially smaller contracts. Thus the overwhelming demand for studios.

We bought DVC in order to have more space than an ordinary hotel room for our family of four. We bought points for a 2-bedroom so everyone would have a bed. Now people are wanting to routinely squeeze five in a studio.

We just bought two 50 point contracts for Copper Creek as add on contracts with the intention to give them to our daughters in around 10 years. We hope to live long enough to use up our Beach Club contract (we will be 82 when it ends). They can not afford DVC right now, and who knows what prices will be in 10 years. But I wanted them to have a reason to go back to Disney, even if it is only for 5 nights every other year in a studio (which that is what 50 points will get them). I would not have bought for ourselves. I also think it is overpriced. But we have gotten so much joy out of our contract. I wanted my daughters to keep going, even when we are gone. These contracts will expire when my daughters are 75.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter