Celebrating 15 Years of Love and Laughter! A September '14 TR NEW 10/29

That donut sure looks good!
I don't drink coffee but I love those plastic cups! :coffee:

I love the cups, too! I wish Disney made them in the reusable version and sold them! I know I'd definitely buy one!

MouseGears is THE place to go in Epcot. Smart of you to bring a list, too. That's an idea I might have to implement with Alex on future trips.:rotfl2:

They have DVC exclusive coffee? I did not know that. I'm not surprised, and that's a nice little perk for you guys. Do you know what favor it was? I'm sort of in love with Joffreys now.:rotfl: Have 3 different bags of there stuff in my cupboards at the moment.:sad2:

Haha, yes, I remember how much Alex loves shopping and MouseGears! I can't say that the list helped keep me focused though, so be warned! lol

I had no idea about the coffee until I read about it on the DVC Facebook group! Who knew! I think it's called a Vienna Latte. Mike really liked their coffee as well. Actually, we'd never heard of Joffrey's until this trip.

Following along as we were there the same time! Great start :)

Yay! Thanks for being here! I'm glad you're enjoying it!

On our very short walk back to the resort, it began to sprinkle. I was hoping that it was just a passing shower since I had really hoped to be able to try out the pool tonight.

We didn’t give it much more thought as we made our way to the Marketplace to browse the Beach Club merch and pick up our refillable mugs. While we were shopping, we ran into one of Mikes bosses. Let me backtrack a little here…Back a couple weeks before we left, Mike texted me from work one day to ask what our dates were again. Turns out, one of his managers was in the office and they discovered that he and his wife were going to be there a few of the same days as us. This was really cool for a couple different reasons: 1. They love Disney like we do and are a great couple. We really admire and look up to them a lot so to have the chance to hang out in Disney was cool. 2: They actually celebrate their anniversary just a couple days before ours (they’ve been married a bit longer than us though) and it just so happens that when we were in Disney for our 10th anniversary, they were there celebrating theirs also, and we were fortunate enough to be able to have breakfast with them one morning! So, to be able to meet up with them for a second time was really exciting, and it turned out that they were staying at the Yacht Club!

We knew we'd meet up with them eventually as we were planning to get together at some point, but we weren't expecting to actually run into them! Turns out, he was actually picking up a deck of cards for a game that he and his wife, Shawn, were planning to play. We chatted for a minute and let him know that we were planning to hit the pool in a bit, weather permitting, and that we'd try and get together afterwards.

We finished up our shopping and made our way out to the Villas.

Now as we were making our way back to the Villas, the weather was still a little wet, but nothing terrible…the same little shower that I still was hoping would pass over. Well…by the time we made it back to the room, this is what it looked like from our window…

Not exactly the swimming weather I was hoping for, especially considering it was thundering and lightning, so I knew that the pool would be closed. It was safe to say that the weather was definitely raining on my parade at this point!

Instead of sitting around and pouting about something I could not control, I decided to break out all our goodies from our shopping.

Of course I had to go ahead and put Duffy in his new outfit, too!

Sadly, it was still raining, so I decided to go ahead and unpack a few things while still holding onto hope that the storm would eventually pass over in time to still get some swimming in.
While I was unpacking, Paul called and asked if we wanted to meet him and Shawn down in the Solarium, so we threw our shoes back on and headed down.

We had no idea where the Solarium even was though we’d walked by it at least twice but we found it pretty easily! So, we sat with Paul and Shawn and chatted about how their trip had been and they asked about our plans for the week while the thunderstorm continued. Then Paul taught us the card game that he'd told us about earlier. It was a terrible name for a card game ("Idiot"), but it turned out to be really fun! Of course it took Mike and I a few minutes to get the hang of it, but it was a great way to spend a stormy evening!

Thankfully, as we sat and visited, the skies finally cleared, so we made plans to meet up again the next night, then said our goodbyes before making a beeline back to the room!

We changed and were back down to Stormalong Bay in record time! I didn’t want to waste a single minute!

Sadly, I left my water camera in the car and we were too excited about swimming to go get it, so I don’t have a single picture to document our adventures.

We did enjoy the pool, though I was sad that the lazy river was closed for some reason.

By the time we’d swam for a least an hour and a half and went down the slide a half dozen times, we’d both worked up an appetite. How convenient that Hurricane Hannah's was right there! And since we’d only brought down what we needed to go swimming, we didn’t get any pictures of our food. I can tell you that Mike had the Lobster, Shrimp and Scallop Roll (which he said was hard to eat) and I had the Pulled Pork Sandwich, both with fries. For pool side dining, it was pretty decent...I do remember the fries being, really, really good!

By this point, it was pretty late, so we ended our first night with a shower and a little Disney Channel before we finally hit the hay. It had been a great, but long day and we were both pretty tired. It didn't take either of us long to fall asleep for our first night in Disney!

Bummer about the rain - but definitely good timing that you ran into Mike's boss and were able to arrange plans and hang out with them.

And at least you got in some time at Storm Along Bay after the skies cleared!

I've read some pretty good reviews of Hurricane Hannah's - not a 5 star restaurant or anything but for being pool side the quality is pretty good and they have some different options vs just like burgers and stuff

Hi Missy!

Subbing in. Looks like you've had a very productive first day! My DH and I stayed at the BCV in February for the first time. We don't own there, so I was very happy to be able to snag a studio. Stormalong Bay is the absolute best pool I've ever been to! The lazy river alone would make it worth it.

Congratulations on your anniversary, that's a big one for sure!

How cool that Mike's boss was at Disney at the same time as you. And that you were staying in neighboring resorts. What're the odds of that?

Ugh, rain! Not what you wanted when some time at the pool was on the agenda.
At least it finally cleared up and you were able enjoy Stormalong Bay for a little while. Try it out, at least. I can't believe there's a Disney fan out there who hasn't dreamed of staying at the Beach Club just to go to that pool at least once in their life. :rotfl2:

Love the pin of the castle with the balloons!

I saw those exact same Mickey sneakers in that exact same store and I really paused. They were so cute. In the end, I passed them up, I wanted a new nightshirt instead (My Sleeping Beauty one that I got years ago completely disintegrated this year).

Bummer about the rain - but definitely good timing that you ran into Mike's boss and were able to arrange plans and hang out with them.

And at least you got in some time at Storm Along Bay after the skies cleared!

I've read some pretty good reviews of Hurricane Hannah's - not a 5 star restaurant or anything but for being pool side the quality is pretty good and they have some different options vs just like burgers and stuff

The rain was not our friend, but it all worked out well. It was actually really relaxing to listen to it rain as we sat around with Paul and Shawn--aside from the loud thunder and lightning that is!

I agree about Hurricane Hannah's--definitely good quality for something so convenient!

Hi Missy!

Subbing in. Looks like you've had a very productive first day! My DH and I stayed at the BCV in February for the first time. We don't own there, so I was very happy to be able to snag a studio. Stormalong Bay is the absolute best pool I've ever been to! The lazy river alone would make it worth it.

Congratulations on your anniversary, that's a big one for sure!

It's definitely a little harder to score a reservation at BC if you don't own there, so I know what you mean! I was a little sad that we didn't get to experience the lazy river.

How cool that Mike's boss was at Disney at the same time as you. And that you were staying in neighboring resorts. What're the odds of that?

Ugh, rain! Not what you wanted when some time at the pool was on the agenda.
At least it finally cleared up and you were able enjoy Stormalong Bay for a little while. Try it out, at least. I can't believe there's a Disney fan out there who hasn't dreamed of staying at the Beach Club just to go to that pool at least once in their life. :rotfl2:

Love the pin of the castle with the balloons!

Exactly--it worked out perfectly!

I think Stormalong Bay is definitely what attracts a lot of people to BC. For me, it's now the awesome walk to Epcot!

I adore Mickey balloons, so I knew I had to have that one as soon as I spotted it.

I saw those exact same Mickey sneakers in that exact same store and I really paused. They were so cute. In the end, I passed them up, I wanted a new nightshirt instead (My Sleeping Beauty one that I got years ago completely disintegrated this year).

Isn't it funny how we see things and immediately think that we have to have them, but then after we ponder it, that really isn't the case!?

Today was going to be a shorter park day, and to be honest, we really weren’t in much of a hurry this morning. Our first order of business was a quick breakfast in the room. Pop Tarts and water is the breakfast of champions, don’t ya know?

Hollywood Studios opened at 9 this morning, and it was just a few minutes after 9 when we finally got headed that way. Since the walk to Epcot was ever so lovely and short, we decided to do the same for HS. I didn’t realize that the walk there was quite a bit longer, but it was still lovely either way.

We finally made it into the park right at 10, and I have to say that I enjoyed being able to go at our pwn pace on the way over!
Just like when we first arrived in Epcot, we stopped for PP pics first!

Then headed to use our first FP of the day!

We love this ride so much, but it still scares the bejeezers out of the both of us every time. It definitely never gets old! Our ride photo was absolutely hilarious this time. Mike looks like he’s going to break out in tears at any moment. It didn’t help any that the lady sitting next to him had a Rider Assistance card and told Mike that she had had a heart attack on one of the other rides before! Yikes!

Thankfully we all made it out alive and without the need of medical attention!
Next, we decided to head over and see what the wait looked like for Rock N’ Roller Coaster. It was the one ride that we didn’t get a FP but knew we’d stand it line for as long as the wait wasn’t too terrible. And thankfully, we were in luck as 20 minutes was what was posted.

It actually ended up being more like 10, which was super nice!

Our next FP wasn’t scheduled until an hour later, so we decided to try and mark some snacks off our lists and headed over to Starring Rolls. Believe it or not, this was actually our first time there, but after reading SO many reviews about all the delicious cupcakes, we knew we finally had to try it! On our walk over, I noticed this sign and made Mike pose for me!

We made our way into Starring Rolls and I went dizzy looking at all the treats! Fortunately, we pretty much already knew what we wanted—Mike ordered the Butterfinger and I went with the Red Velvet.

These little beauties definitely did not disappoint. I’m not a Butterfinger fan at all, but I did try a bite of Mike’s and I have to admit that it wasn’t bad! My Red Velvet was much better though. I’m certain we’ll be going back to Starring Rolls on future visits.
While we were enjoying our treats, the Frozen parade was going on, so while we couldn’t see much, we could hear, which made me wish we’d went over to see it. I also took the time to call back home and check in with my sister. My nephew Mark, which some of you may remember from a past TR, is playing his first year of football, and we had missed his game on Saturday—of course they won!
Finally, it was time to head over to Pixar Place for a little showdown on Toy Story Mania. Mike had beaten me pretty badly last time, so a little revenge was what I had in mind!

We promptly boarded our car and very soon after the hiney kicking commenced!

Oh, yes…victory never smelled so sweet!!!! Of course I rubbed it in a much as I could and I may or may not have done a little victory dance as we waited to unload from our car.
As we stepped out, I noticed that Hamm was on our car, so I made sure to point it out to Mike to try and cheer him up a bit since Hamm is one of his Toy Story favorites!

Next up—One Man’s Dream and Animation Academy

Definitely nice to be able to walk over to both EPCOT and DHS - and, like you say, go at your own pace

That is a wonderful ride photo from ToT ... Mike does look like he is about to cry and you look like you won't open your eyes ... then the woman in the middle on the right in the black tank top looks like she is scared out of her mind but then the woman in the middle in the pink tank top looks like she is asleep :rotfl:

I feel like DHS doesn't have the best counter service options - but starring rolls is pretty tremendous:thumbsup2

Well, I am sure Mike pointed out that he had a much higher accuracy score than you ;) But congratulations on your win!

Definitely nice to be able to walk over to both EPCOT and DHS - and, like you say, go at your own pace

That is a wonderful ride photo from ToT ... Mike does look like he is about to cry and you look like you won't open your eyes ... then the woman in the middle on the right in the black tank top looks like she is scared out of her mind but then the woman in the middle in the pink tank top looks like she is asleep :rotfl:

I feel like DHS doesn't have the best counter service options - but starring rolls is pretty tremendous:thumbsup2

Well, I am sure Mike pointed out that he had a much higher accuracy score than you ;) But congratulations on your win!

We both got a really good chuckle out of that ride photo! I had to go back and look at your observations and got another good laugh! What a contradiction of emotions!

I totally agree about the counter service options!

Haha, actually neither one of us even noticed the accuracy score, but I'll have to make sure that I tell him!

Wow! I can’t believe it’s been so long since I last updated. I sincerely apologize. Sometimes life just gets in the way! I think part of it is that while I have a case of post-Disney blues, I’m also stressing over our upcoming trip, which is just a little over a month away! We’re taking Mike’s sister and her hubby with us, and I’m so worried about everything! Anyway…on to share more of our trip…
When I last left off, I had just came away victorious on Toy Story Mania. Next, we headed into One Man’s Dream.
We had been here once before, but it had been a while ago. After watching “Saving Mr. Banks”, I had a renewed respect for Walt and his dreams, so it was time to pay this attraction another visit!

Some of the details here are so awesome!

We took our time and really took things in. Walt’s imagination and creativity is just so amazing to me! I’m not creative at all, so think about all that he envisioned and came up with is just mind blowing!
After paying our respects to Walt, it was time for one of our very favorite attractions in the Studios…Animation Academy!
Neither Mike nor myself can draw a stick figure without somehow butchering it, but we still love this class! The last time we were here, we ended up at the very front with a lap desk, but thankfully this time we ended up at the very back with an actual desk! The instructor took a vote to try and narrow down who we would draw. There were a couple people who had drawn nearly every single character he named. I was really, really pulling for Pooh, but we ended up with the main man himself, Mickey Mouse!
Just like always, we both had some good giggles at ourselves as the class went along! And by the time our “masterpieces” were complete we were nearly rolling in laughter!

Now I know you agree that we are in no way artistically inclined! Haha!
After our sad attempts at drawing, it was time for our last and final FP of the day!

We really aren’t Star Wars fans considering we’ve never watched the movies, or know much about the characters, but we still really enjoy the ride!
By this time, we were both in need of some lunch. We wanted to try some place new, and since there aren’t that many counter services in HS, we decided to go here…

We had definitely not been here before and the menu looked decent, so thankfully it was a pretty easy choice for once!
Our choices were exactly the same-cheeseburgers with fries, water and the chocolate mousse for dessert!

Either we were really hungry or the food was just that good! I don’t remember ever having a cheeseburger that tasty before! And the chocolate mousse was heavely!
With our tummies full, we headed out of ABC and moved on towards our next attraction, which happened to be one of Mike’s requests…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter