Celebrating 15 Years of Love and Laughter! A September '14 TR NEW 10/29

Dinner at V&A totally exceeded our expectations and was one of the best meals/experiences we have ever had - heck, the harpist randomly played our wedding song and then came over to chat with us after finding out that fact.

Definitely not something we can do all the time but for a special occasion it was perfect :goodvibes

Ok- I read this and have to reply! What day did you go to V&A- because we were there and this exact thing happened to people sitting near us! And I saw the harpist talk with the couple too!

Ok- I read this and have to reply! What day did you go to V&A- because we were there and this exact thing happened to people sitting near us! And I saw the harpist talk with the couple too!

This was last October - on Sunday the 13th. The song was The Luckiest by Ben Folds.

That would be funny if you were there and saw it! Also would be cool if this happened to multiple people

This was last October - on Sunday the 13th. The song was The Luckiest by Ben Folds.

That would be funny if you were there and saw it! Also would be cool if this happened to multiple people

This is so crazy, but this JUST happened 2 weeks ago! I don't remember the song, but I DO know she played that song while we were there because I love it! How crazy/cool is that!

This is so crazy, but this JUST happened 2 weeks ago! I don't remember the song, but I DO know she played that song while we were there because I love it! How crazy/cool is that!

That's very cool! She said she loved the fact that we used it as our wedding song as it is beautiful but not a common one to use. She also gave us a copy of her CD that had that song on it.

This is a picture of us with her:
2cke_d69_udpu1.jpg

OK - I will officially stop hijacking this thread :lmao:

That's very cool! She said she loved the fact that we used it as our wedding song as it is beautiful but not a common one to use. She also gave us a copy of her CD that had that song on it.

OK - I will officially stop hijacking this thread :lmao:

It's a beautiful song and picture! :goodvibes

Sorry for hijacking Missy!! :rolleyes1

Wow, that's a lot of character meets for one morning! I'm impressed.
Especially running into Max, that was a pretty awesome run-in. :thumbsup2

I won't lie, I'm sad that Maelstrom is closing. It holds a special place in my heart, but so long as they keep the big troll statue somewhere in Norway I'll be all right. :rotfl2:

World Showcase looked like the place to be that day! I'm glad it was so empty for you two.:goodvibes

That is so awesome how close your resort is to Epcot! I didn't realize you could just walk right into the international gateway! Very neat- I think I will have to stay there someday :rolleyes1

Your picture with all of the characters are so cute! The park being empty is amazing too! We had a similar experience on our Epcot day too!

I also had to take a Troll picture, I've never seen him before! I have also never been on Maelstrom. I'm really glad we did it this time since it will no longer be there. I'm hoping they make it a bit more exciting rather than just throwing in Frozen characters to the boat ride.

I have to agree that Duffy is adorable too! I didn't really know who/what Duffy was until this trip too!

I knew that Beach Club was within walking distance, but I had no idea it was that close! To me, that's the biggest plus of the resort!

I'm anxious to see what will be done with Maelstrom.

I just adore Duffy and now have to say hello to him every chance I get!

You hit the jackpot on characters/wait times! :thumbsup2 Looking forward to hearing about your lunch!

We did! I was very surprised, but excited to have started off that way!

Dinner at V&A totally exceeded our expectations and was one of the best meals/experiences we have ever had - heck, the harpist randomly played our wedding song and then came over to chat with us after finding out that fact.

Definitely not something we can do all the time but for a special occasion it was perfect :goodvibes

Now that is cool stuff! I think I'd be too intimidated to ever give V&A a try--I don't think I'd feel comfortable in somewhere that fancy! I'm glad that you had such a great experience there though!

Holy empty park Batman! You were doing great with the character meets - I don't think I have ever heard of Mickey being in that spot ... but like you say, a great way to start the trip off!

I kinda have the same view as you about the re-do to Maelstrom ... if they keep with the vision of World Showcase as a place to explore and learn more about different cultures, then ok ... if it turns out to just be a dark ride that tells the story of a made up place then I won't be as big of a fan

I'd never heard of Mickey being there either, so I think we were lucky!

I definitely agree about Maelstrom!

It's a beautiful song and picture! :goodvibes

Sorry for hijacking Missy!! :rolleyes1

Hijack away...I loved reading the story and seeing the pic!

Wow, that's a lot of character meets for one morning! I'm impressed.
Especially running into Max, that was a pretty awesome run-in. :thumbsup2

I won't lie, I'm sad that Maelstrom is closing. It holds a special place in my heart, but so long as they keep the big troll statue somewhere in Norway I'll be all right. :rotfl2:

World Showcase looked like the place to be that day! I'm glad it was so empty for you two.:goodvibes

I was super excited that we ran into Max since we'd never seen him before!

I think a lot of people will be disappointed if they take away the troll. That has to be one of the most photographed things in Epcot!

The walk to Epcot from the Beach Club is awesome! :thumbsup2

It definitely is...a huge perk to staying there!

So after a good run of character interactions, it was finally time for our very much anticipated lunch at Via Napoli. This was a first for us, and since we’d heard nothing but excellent reviews, we couldn’t wait to sink our teeth into some pizza!

The first thing I noticed after checking in was this beautiful chandelier that was hanging overhead! I adore most anything colorful, so this was right up my alley!

In the past couple days, I’ve read lots of complaints about the small waiting space, and thinking back I do agree that it was small. But thankfully we didn’t have to wait long at all as we were being led to our table about 5 minutes later!
Of course we did what every good DIS’er does on their first visit—we took lots of pics!

We were on the dining plan, but knew that we’d have to pay OOP for a couple of meals, and since this one was one of the cheaper ones, we decided that this was one we’d pay for. And since we were doing so, we decided to give a try to an appetizer and went for the Arancini (for those of you who are like me and had no idea what that is, it’s actually fried risotto balls filled with mozzarella and meat ragu). And this is what they look like:

They were pretty good. I expected them to be a little cheesier, but they still weren’t bad. I was surprised at how light they were as I’d worried that they’d be too heavy and fill us up too quickly, but they weren’t at all.
It took Mike and I a minute or two to decide on what we wanted for our entrée. Since he likes to be adventurous and try lots of different things and I tend to be pretty boring I had imagined that we’d go with the personal pizzas. But when we saw how much cheaper ordering 1 large was versus two individuals, we decided to go that route. And fortunately for me, Mike happened to be eyeing the very same one that I was…the Quattro Formaggi. We asked if we could add mushrooms and our waiter said we certainly could...

I think there’s only one way to convey to you how we felt about this pizza:

Yep, we LOVED it! It was quite amazing, actually! I happen to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE cheese, so this was perfect for me. Mike was infatuated...he couldn’t stop eating it. I was full and had to make myself stop. He was full, too, but there was still one piece left and there was no way he was leaving that restaurant with anything left on that pizza pan (except the crust, as you can see). So he somehow made room and devoured that last piece! I totally understand the love for Via Napoli now—it definitely earned its spot as our #1 favorite Epcot restaurant! I should also add that the service was great, too. The food came out at a perfect pace and our server was quite attentive.

In a state of euphoria and nearly in a food coma, we finally rolled ourselves outta there and made our way to the World Showcase boat dock. Our next destination was in Future World and we were just too full to walk our lazy selves over there, so we opted for a boat ride instead.

Our intended destination was the Land, but not before we came across a PP opportunity and stopped.

Pictures done, we then made our way to the Land for our flight over California!

Does anyone else still duck when the golf ball flies at you, even though you know it’s coming?

After Soarin’ we had a bit of time to kill before our 3rd and final FP of the day, so we decided to take a little ride on Living with the Land. I’m sure some may find this attraction to be boring, but I find it fascinating! The line was actually longer than I’ve ever seen it, but only ended up being a 10 minute wait, at the very most! And I managed to not take a single pic, so you’ll just have to take my word on this one.

Since our final FP was for Turtle Talk with Crush, we decided to head on over to the Seas to see what we could get into there. As we were browsing, we came upon a diver demonstration that turned out to be kind of cool, so we stuck around and took that in for a few minutes.

After passing a few more minutes, it was time to head on for some fun with Crush. I did notice that Mike and I seemed to be the only adults without kids, but I didn’t care—I absolutely love this attraction. We always come out laughing and this time was no different!

Now that our last FP of the day had been used, we had no real plans from here on out, so we decided to do a little shopping…

Next up, the spending begins!

I love the before and after picture of the pizza .. well, not as much as you both apparently loved that pizza! We tend to skip Italian places at Disney as, living in the NYC area, we have a lot of good Italian restaurants, but I think one of these trips we are going to have to give Via Nappoli a try.

We love Living with the Land - it is a must do for us and we generally do it more than once (our kids love it so we have tended to take turns taking them on that while those big enough ride Soarin'). They have a tour called the Behind the Seeds tour that I definitely want to do one day

Subbing in! You had me at one bedrooms! Nice! Never splurged for that and I doubt my DH would ever go for it, but how nice it would be. A girl can dream! Be back later to catch up.

:rotfl2: I laughed out loud at your pizza shots. :lmao:
Those pictures really do say it all.

I'm happy to hear you loved Via Napoli. It certainly is a fantastic restaurant. And, man oh man, that pizza.....you're gonna miss it a tiny bit every time you eat a pizza from now on.:rotfl:

Whoop, Soarin' and Via. Napoli in one afternoon? Sounds like the perfect Epcot day to me. :goodvibes

You should definitely not pay any mind to being without kids, Disneys for everyone. And heck, Alex and I are planning time at disney for just us. We look forward to that more than a whole week with a toddler.:rotfl2:

Love the Epcot pics! In all our trips, we never did go on the Maelstrom ride, and now that they're closing it, I wish we would have decided to do it!

LOVE all the pictures (especially the before and after!!) and review of Via Napoli. I've only heard good things and now I must try it next time!

Your photopass pictures are adorable. They turned out great. Did they have the frame for you to hold??

I've only done Soarin once before this trip and it was at California Adventure right after it opened. I did duck at the golf ball though!

How was turtle talk with crush? I've never done it!

When I last left off, we had just used our last FP+ of the day over at Turtle Talk with Crush. Since we had no real plans for the rest of the afternoon, we decided to go ahead and start working on our shopping list. You see, we made a list of things we knew we'd like to have before we even left for the trip...that was pretty much the only way to keep me focused since I feel like I HAVE to have EVERYTHING that I see and like! haha! Here is what my list looked like:

So, when you're in Epcot and want to do some shopping where else would you head but here?!

I do believe that this store is my 2nd favorite on property, with World of Disney being 1st. There's just SO much to look at that I sometimes get distracted and end up zig zagging from one department to another instead of looking thru one department at a time!

The first item that I spotted were these adorable babies!

I eyed them for a minute, then decided to try them on. They were definitely cute, but I wasn't sure that I NEEDED them just yet. So I hung them back and moved on to something else.

We looked at the Disney Veras, which they had a great selection of, and the Alex & Ani bracelets before we finally moved on to what we really came for--the kids stuff. For Mark and Jaden (my niece and nephew) I knew exactly what they wanted, so I wanted to go ahead and knock at least those two things off the list. So, we picked up Mark's watch and Jaden's Minnie Mouse Pillow Pal. You may have also noticed on my list that a new outfit for Duffy was listed and after much debate, I did finally decide on one. We may or may not have picked up a couple other small things before we finally headed out.

At this point, we were pretty much finished with what we wanted to do in the park, so we started our way towards the International Gateway. But then I remembered that we still had some Epcot snacks on our "snack list", so we decided to stop for one of these beauties:

And while we were at it, we decided to try one of the special DVC coffees from Joffrey's:

We found a bench and sat down to enjoy our Croissant Donut and coffee, both of which were pretty tasty.

Once we managed to shake all the donut sugar off our clothes, we were finally ready to head on back to the resort!

Next up, a little more shopping and meeting up with friends!

I love the before and after picture of the pizza .. well, not as much as you both apparently loved that pizza! We tend to skip Italian places at Disney as, living in the NYC area, we have a lot of good Italian restaurants, but I think one of these trips we are going to have to give Via Nappoli a try.

We love Living with the Land - it is a must do for us and we generally do it more than once (our kids love it so we have tended to take turns taking them on that while those big enough ride Soarin'). They have a tour called the Behind the Seeds tour that I definitely want to do one day

I've heard a few people say that they tend not to try Italian places for the very same reason. I think you should definitely give Via Napoli a try though!

We saw a group who appeared to be on the tour as we were making our way through the ride. I think it would definitely be a very interesting tour to take. I love that Disney grows so much of their own food!

Oh my, that pizza looked and sounded so good!!! Love the pic with you guys holding the frame. :thumbsup2

Thank you! It was a million times better than it looked and it looked pretty darn good!

Subbing in! You had me at one bedrooms! Nice! Never splurged for that and I doubt my DH would ever go for it, but how nice it would be. A girl can dream! Be back later to catch up.

We usually only splurge for a 1 BR on special occasions! To me, the best part about them is the separate shower!

:rotfl2: I laughed out loud at your pizza shots. :lmao:
Those pictures really do say it all.

I'm happy to hear you loved Via Napoli. It certainly is a fantastic restaurant. And, man oh man, that pizza.....you're gonna miss it a tiny bit every time you eat a pizza from now on.:rotfl:

Whoop, Soarin' and Via. Napoli in one afternoon? Sounds like the perfect Epcot day to me. :goodvibes

You should definitely not pay any mind to being without kids, Disneys for everyone. And heck, Alex and I are planning time at disney for just us. We look forward to that more than a whole week with a toddler.:rotfl2:

Oh, you are so right, Alicia! I do miss it a tiny bit...I don't think any pizza will ever compare to that one!

It definitely was a perfect afternoon...Epcot doesn't get much better than that!

I usually don't pay any mind to being two adults with no kids, but I just happened to notice it more in Turtle Talk. We certainly had fun anyway, though!

Love the Epcot pics! In all our trips, we never did go on the Maelstrom ride, and now that they're closing it, I wish we would have decided to do it!

Awe man, I hate that y'all never got to do Maelstrom! I'm very interested to see what the re-do is going to be like.

LOVE all the pictures (especially the before and after!!) and review of Via Napoli. I've only heard good things and now I must try it next time!

Your photopass pictures are adorable. They turned out great. Did they have the frame for you to hold??

I've only done Soarin once before this trip and it was at California Adventure right after it opened. I did duck at the golf ball though!

How was turtle talk with crush? I've never done it!

Yes, you must try Via! It's so worth it!

They did have the frame there! I thought it was something different and liked how they turned out!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who ducks at the golf ball!

Turtle Talk is a riot! I absolutely love Crush! You should definitely go next time!

MouseGears is THE place to go in Epcot. Smart of you to bring a list, too. That's an idea I might have to implement with Alex on future trips.:rotfl2:

They have DVC exclusive coffee? I did not know that. I'm not surprised, and that's a nice little perk for you guys. Do you know what favor it was? I'm sort of in love with Joffreys now.:rotfl: Have 3 different bags of there stuff in my cupboards at the moment.:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter