Celebrating 15 Years of Love and Laughter! A September '14 TR NEW 10/29

UGAFan0829

DIS Veteran
:wave2:WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!!!:wave2:

Hello, and welcome to my most recent TR! My hubby and I just returned from a very magical week in the World to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary, and now I'm ready to re-live and share the details of our trip with all of you.

I'll warn you in advance--my writing style tends to be boring and I sometimes use the same words over and over, but I hope that in spite of all that you'll want to stick around and maybe even enjoy our adventures! And please post...it's always good to hear thoughts from my fellow Disney pals!

With that being said, I'll now introduce the cast, which will be very short since there's just the two of us:

I'm Missy (35 on paper, but 10 at heart) who LOVES most all things Disney. While I've been in love with Disney as a whole, just recently I've become enthralled with how Disney went from being one man with a dream to such a huge, massive thing--you know, the "behind the scenes" story of how it all came to be kind of thing. My favorite characters are Pooh, Stitch, Duffy, Merida, Tiana and Donald. I work in the Criminal Justice/Law enforcement field and along with Disney, I'm a huge fan of the Georgia Dawgs and country music.

Then comes the other and better half of the cast, my darling and wonderful husband, Mike. Mike is employed in the Industrial Tire industry and works very hard to help us afford our Disney addictions. He's 37 on paper, but also 10 at heart. His favorite characters are Donald, Pumbaa, and Rafiki. When we're not in Disney, Mike loves to fish (which will be showcased in this report), and tinker with stuff.

And now for the details of the trip...our dates were Saturday, September 6 thru Sunday, September 14. We spent the first 3 nights in a 1 BR at BCV, followed by the next 4 nights in a 1BR at GFV and the last night at POR. This was the first split stay trip for us, and it was a lot easier than I imagined. We normally don't splurge on 1BR's, but since this trip was extra special, we decided to go for it!

And for any of you who haven't already and would like to read my PTR for this trip, you can do so here:
Celebrating 15 Years of Love and Laughter! A September '14 PTR!

I'll leave you with that and then I'll be back soon for the actual start of our trip!

I'm here! Can't wait to read all about your anniversary trip, Missy. Your plans in your PTR sounded so wonderful, I just know you two must've had a magical time. (With the exception of the drive down that I saw on Facebook.:rotfl2:)

I'm here!! Can't wait to follow along! Sad we didn't run into each other, if we happen to be there at the same time again we'll have to plan better! :)

All subbed up and ready to read!

Awesome! Thank you SO much for subbing! I'm excited to have you here!

I'm here! Can't wait to read all about your anniversary trip, Missy. Your plans in your PTR sounded so wonderful, I just know you two must've had a magical time. (With the exception of the drive down that I saw on Facebook.:rotfl2:)

Thank you, Alicia! The drive down was a little messy, but it could've been much worse! I'm just glad that we made it safely!

I'm here!! Can't wait to follow along! Sad we didn't run into each other, if we happen to be there at the same time again we'll have to plan better! :)

Yay! Thanks for being here! I'm sad that I didn't have any DIS encounters either. I did keep an eye out, though! Hopefully next time for sure!

Our trip started out super early at 11 p.m. on Friday night. That’s when the alarm clock went off anyway. See, I had to work on Friday, and since we wanted to be in Disney as early as possible on Saturday morning, we decided to leave in the middle of the night Friday/Saturday morning. Mike was able to take all of Friday off, so he was able to get my car washed, run a couple errands and wash the final few pieces of clothes before I got home. Fortunately, I was able to leave work at 3, and as soon as I got home the packing commenced. We had already made an outfit list which was really helpful—for one we knew exactly what to pack, and two-we didn’t have to take the time to think about what we wanted to wear each day! All we had to do was pull out our handy-dandy list, and waa-laa, the thinking had already been done! To make a long story short, we managed to finish up and were asleep by 7!
Our goal was to be on the road by 1 a.m., but any of you who’ve read my previous reports know that only happens about 30% of the time. This trip happened to be one of those times when it didn’t happen. And that was okay, because I knew that we’d still be there fairly early and we really didn’t have any where to be until our 11:00 something FP for Maestrom. So, to make yet another long story short, we finally got on the road at 2! See, here’s my proof:

Finally on the road, we pretty much had smooth sailing until we hit Florida. And I gotta say, the Sunshine State was not living up to it’s name on this day. Nope, we got into rain just inside the Florida line and this was our view out the windshield for quite a while:

The rain was pretty hard at one point and definitely slowed us down a bit. We ran through a couple patches of standing water on the road that was a little nerve racking, but Mike was able to keep it between the lines. Thankfully, the rain clouds finally parted and the skies turned a beautiful blue. And it wasn’t that long until we were seeing these welcome sights:

And just like that, we were HOME!!! I think it snuck up on me so fast that I didn’t even have time to cry this time!
We made our way through security where received our first “Welcome Home” and our parking pass. We then made our way to the front and parked where I may or may not have bolted out of the car and straight into the lobby leaving Mike in a trail of dust! Just kidding…I did grab him by the hand and drag him along as he wasn’t moving fast enough to suit me! ;)
Since I made a beeline straight for the check-in counter, I didn’t even take the time to get any pictures! Shocking, I know! We’d made our way up to the nice CM who would be checking us in and I made it as far as getting my ID out when the urge to potty hit me. So, I had to leave Mike with it and took off to the restroom. This was when I discovered how big the Beach Club lobby is. I get lost in our local mall, so to say I’m directionally challenged is an understatement. Lucky for me, Mike is usually excellent with directions, and has a great memory, so before I high-tailed it off, he told me where the restrooms were. And that was probably a good thing because I probably wouldn’t have made it otherwise!
Anyway, restroom break over, I made my way back to Mike and the CM to find out that our room was actually ready! Can I get a WHOO-HOOO?? I was secretly hoping that it would be, but knew there was a large chance that it might not be since we were so early (9:45 a.m. to be exact)!
Next thing we did was head back out to the car and head towards the parking for the Villas. Somehow, Mike and I managed to lug 2 suitcases, a duffel bag, a toiletry bag, a Thirty-One large utility tote, backpack, purse, Pooh, Stitch and a pillow all by ourselves. It was a struggle, but by golly we made it all in one trip!
We made our way up the elevator to the 3rd floor where we made a right, no a left, or was it a right? Shoot, I can’t remember, but I do know that Mike led us here:
Oh, and before I post anymore pictures, I apologize in advance for all the crookedness that you’re about to be exposed to. I have no idea why nearly every single picture I took came out crooked. The sad part is that I really, really love photography and have taken 2 photography classes—but as you’ll see I clearly needed a lesson on how to hold the camera correctly. Moving along now to what you really came here for…

We then opened the door to the place that I’ve been wanting to stay ever since we became DVC members back in 2009! And I now present you with an overload of BCV room pics:

The view from our balcony looking straight:

To the right:

And my other right:

The kids had settled in and made themselves comfortable:

After we took in every last detail of the room, we put a few things away, changed shoes, made sure we had everything in our bag before we headed out to our first park of the trip!
Up next…Epcot!

Glad you've started your TR! Can't wait to hear all about your trip! :yay:
The BCV room is beautiful!

Love the pics of your BCV digs! We fell in love with the Beach Club when we stayed there in 2007; such a great resort!

More please! Excellent start my friend! But I will have to correct one thing in your introduction post - I love Mike, you know I do! He's an excellent driver, and bag holder, and race cheerer .... BUT you can't call him the better half of the cast!!! And just so he'll keep cheerfully driving us around you can call him tied with you :)

joining! Congrats on the 15 years! We made our trip last year a psuedo 10-year anniversary trip (or, specifically, our "date night" meal at V&A)

Your villa looks really nice - and yeah for your room being ready!

Hope you had a wonderful trip!

The Beach Club is so pretty! We stayed there for the first time in 2013 and I would love to go back.

Yay! For your room being ready! That's a great start to a trip. Like a sign you were meant to stay at the Beach club.:goodvibes

What a gorgeous room! And that view!!! I can definitely see why you've been dying to stay there for so many years.

Glad you've started your TR! Can't wait to hear all about your trip! :yay:
The BCV room is beautiful!

Thanks for being here!
Our room was beautiful!! We loved it!

Love the pics of your BCV digs! We fell in love with the Beach Club when we stayed there in 2007; such a great resort!

It is a great resort! For me, the short walk to Epcot was so worth it!

More please! Excellent start my friend! But I will have to correct one thing in your introduction post - I love Mike, you know I do! He's an excellent driver, and bag holder, and race cheerer .... BUT you can't call him the better half of the cast!!! And just so he'll keep cheerfully driving us around you can call him tied with you :)

I'm glad you're liking it so far! Mike definitely is an awesome driver and cheerer, but most of all hubby! I think he's the better half!:love:

joining! Congrats on the 15 years! We made our trip last year a psuedo 10-year anniversary trip (or, specifically, our "date night" meal at V&A)

Your villa looks really nice - and yeah for your room being ready!

Hope you had a wonderful trip!

Thank you! Disney is the best for celebrating anniversaries! How was V&A?
We definitely got lucky with our room being ready! I was super excited!

Your room was BEAUTIFUL! I love all of the pictures!! I'm so excited for more! :cool1:

Thanks for being here! I loved all the details of the room. It was SO pretty! I really love your room at CBR!

The Beach Club is so pretty! We stayed there for the first time in 2013 and I would love to go back.

Beach Club is definitely on my list of "want to return to" resorts!

Yay! For your room being ready! That's a great start to a trip. Like a sign you were meant to stay at the Beach club.:goodvibes

What a gorgeous room! And that view!!! I can definitely see why you've been dying to stay there for so many years.

I'm so glad the room was ready. To me, being able to check out our room signals the official start of the trip. Once I've checked it all out I can rest assured and feel better!

When I last left off, we had just changed shoes and were heading for Epcot.
We made our way out of the back of the resort and were headed for the International Gateway.

It was then that I was reminded why everyone loves Beach Club so much! I mean the short walk across the bridge was amazing! I mean within mere minutes of leaving our room, we were already inside the park! That was some cool stuff!
We headed on inside and hadn’t even crossed the first bridge yet when we were greeted by this little guy, who also happens to be someone we’d never met before, so of course we had to stop!

And wouldn’t you know as soon as we said goodbye to Max and turned around there was none other than the big man himself!

Is that a great way to start off your first park of the day or what? Mike and I definitely had grins plastered all over our faces!

Before the trip, we decided to buy the Memory Maker, and since we wanted to get as many pics as we could, we decided to stop for the first one we came across—right before getting into France.

At this point, we didn’t have a plan as to where we were going, so I decided to check and see which characters happened to be out at that point. There were a couple that we’d already met before, so we decided to go with a new one and headed over to Japan for Mulan. And it looked like we’d timed it just right as there was only one other family in line!

Though we didn’t visit very long, and I can’t remember exactly what we talked about, she was very sweet!

At this point, Mike and I were loving how empty the park was. Of course there was the fact that World Showcase had just opened, but it was still nice to see it that way! I’m not sure when, but at some point on our walk, I snapped these pics to send to my friends back home to brag on how empty it was!

Our time for our Maelstrom FP was coming up, so we decided to stroll back towards Norway.

When we arrived, we still had about 15 minutes before our window opened up, so we decided to browse the shops a bit first. Mike just HAD to take “the” troll pic…

We ‘d had enough looking and were ready for our ride even though we still had about 5 minutes left. I decided to take a peek at the wait time, and this is what I found:

We decided not to wait around and hopped right in line for our final trip with the Vikings. The 5 minutes was a fib as it was a walk on. And just as in times past, we skipped the movie at the end. I’m kind of torn about this attraction changing. When I first read the news, I was sad…but after taking that last ride, I kind of realized why they’re changing it. It just wasn’t as exciting as I remembered it to be. Hopefully whatever they do with it will be great. I just hope it sticks with the theme of the World Showcase.

Leaving Norway behind, we still had lots of time to kill before lunch, so we decided to head all the way over to Mexico for a little boat ride with the Three Caballeros.

On the way out, Mike picked up a Duffy for me, though we didn’t do anything with it—I had to have it cause I love Duffy!

And speaking of Duffy, that’s where we headed next!

He was just heading out for a cookie break when we arrived, but we decided to wait it out. Thankfully he only had 1 cookie, so he made it back pretty quickly!

You have to admit—Duffy is one of the most adorable characters ever!!

At this point, we were pretty much crisscrossing our way around Epcot. And we still had time before our lunch, so what did we do next? We headed for another character. This time it was one we’d met before, but since she’s so positively perfect, we just had to stop and say hello!

She commented on my hair and asked if it was natural before asking Mike if was carrying a hat rack in our backpack! I always love the interaction with Mary!

Finally, it was time to head towards our much awaited lunch ADR, which I’ll share with you next!

That is so awesome how close your resort is to Epcot! I didn't realize you could just walk right into the international gateway! Very neat- I think I will have to stay there someday :rolleyes1

Your picture with all of the characters are so cute! The park being empty is amazing too! We had a similar experience on our Epcot day too!

I also had to take a Troll picture, I've never seen him before! I have also never been on Maelstrom. I'm really glad we did it this time since it will no longer be there. I'm hoping they make it a bit more exciting rather than just throwing in Frozen characters to the boat ride.

I have to agree that Duffy is adorable too! I didn't really know who/what Duffy was until this trip too!

Thank you! Disney is the best for celebrating anniversaries! How was V&A?
We definitely got lucky with our room being ready! I was super excited!

Dinner at V&A totally exceeded our expectations and was one of the best meals/experiences we have ever had - heck, the harpist randomly played our wedding song and then came over to chat with us after finding out that fact.

Definitely not something we can do all the time but for a special occasion it was perfect :goodvibes

Holy empty park Batman! You were doing great with the character meets - I don't think I have ever heard of Mickey being in that spot ... but like you say, a great way to start the trip off!

I kinda have the same view as you about the re-do to Maelstrom ... if they keep with the vision of World Showcase as a place to explore and learn more about different cultures, then ok ... if it turns out to just be a dark ride that tells the story of a made up place then I won't be as big of a fan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter