• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Celebrities?

mxwife

Earning My Ears
We have been to DW 8 times and hopefully going to Disneyland this fall, but out of all of the times we have only seen 2 celebs there...Gloria Estefan and the other was Dan Marino...have y'all ever seen any...just curious...;) It's not a big deal, but kind of interesting to me...:thumbsup2

When we were there in 2007, we saw Melissa Joan Hart (Sabrina, the Teenage Witch). She was pregnant and was waiting by the loading area at BTMRR. I later saw her walking around with her husband and child.

Saw Robert Plant in near TOT in DHS (then MGM) back in 2000 while there on my honeymoon. Great surprise because my wife is a HUGE Zepplin fan:thumbsup2

I have only seen two celebrities at WDW - one was a baseball player who I can't even remember his name and the other was the Godfather of Soul, James Brown. I saw both of them while I was working in Toontown. James Brown was wearing a purple leisure suit and riding an ECV! LOL!

when MGM first opened DH and I were there sometime around 89 or 90 or so, and we saw John Lithgow filming something. Dh had no idea who he was and I kept saying "but it's John Lithgow..you know John Lithgow" so now every time we see him on TV I yell, "its John Lithgow".

Oh we also John Travolta, hubby just reminded me of him...he was being interviewed by Michael Eisner for something....:cheer2:

We have only ever seen celebrities at our resorts. We saw Kelly Ripa with one of her children in a stroller & husband at our resort twice while we were there-BC/YC. We saw That guy who played J Peterman on Seinfeld working out in the gym one time while staying at the BWV. We did see Regis and Kelly filming the Christmas parade in 2003 and 2005 (along with the rest of the guests at the MK).

At Bucos D'or this past year during Food & Wine, we saw Al Roker, and one of the contestants was Hung from Top Chef on Bravo. Those are the only ones jumping to mind, unless you count the pre-shows for rides :-D

While working there I saw Kelly Ripa, Will Smith and Jayda Pinkett Smith, Clay Aiken, Dennis Quaid, and Michael Jackson.

As a guest I have seen Lance from NSYNC and his former boyfriend who was on the Amazing Race (my favorite show!). It was before he announced he was gay, and I saw them riding Dumbo!

I heard reports that Celine Dion was spotted Monday (I saw her in concert Wednesday in Tampa) and she is one I would LOVE to see in the parks!

Funny ~ I don't know if it is a regional thing or not... but I could really care less to see a "celebrity". I am more excited when I see someone I know from home! Like the barber or someone I went to HS with and haven't seen for years.

I am thinking it is a Maine thing... b/c most people I know here feel the same.

That being said .... to my knowledge I have not seen anyone... of course they would be just another guest to me and it probably wouldn't click. LOL!

we saw Reigs and Kathy Lee years ago obviously -at Victoria and Albert's.

We saw someone from Hill Street Blues, after the show was off the air-don't know his name.

We also saw Drew Carey at AKL.

My son is always wishing he'd see someone from the disney channel

While working there I saw Kelly Ripa, Will Smith and Jayda Pinkett Smith, Clay Aiken, Dennis Quaid, and Michael Jackson.

As a guest I have seen Lance from NSYNC and his former boyfriend who was on the Amazing Race (my favorite show!). It was before he announced he was gay, and I saw them riding Dumbo!

I heard reports that Celine Dion was spotted Monday (I saw her in concert Wednesday in Tampa) and she is one I would LOVE to see in the parks!

She was at Epcot last Sunday.

Liz

In 2007 we saw Brenda Song filming a segment for Disney Channel's 365 at Mk. The highpoint of the trip however was when DD (then 16) and DH ended up riding Mission Space with Corbin Bleu and his dad. DD was in HEAVEN when Corbin smiled and said hi to her! :cool1: They were both there competing in the Disney Channel Games.

If you really want to see a celebrity.
Sit around City Hall at the MK in the morning.
Our tour guide told us, there are celebrities everyday at the MK.
Most will have a VIP guide and they meet their guides at City Hall.

In 1996 we saw Oprah in the Main Street parade. It was when she flew her entire audience to WDW.

Oh, and I saw Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Woody and Buzz, just to name a few...

Funny ~ I don't know if it is a regional thing or not... but I could really care less to see a "celebrity". I am more excited when I see someone I know from home! Like the barber or someone I went to HS with and haven't seen for years.

I am thinking it is a Maine thing... b/c most people I know here feel the same.

That being said .... to my knowledge I have not seen anyone... of course they would be just another guest to me and it probably wouldn't click. LOL!

I agree. While in Epcot, I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw a kid wearing an East Liverpool football tee shirt. We live in northern ohio and a few years earlier we had played them in football, they are nearer to west virginia. I was like "east liverpool ohio?" he said yes, and Im like "we're from chardon, good to see you." kinda neat..
Im the type of person who would approach a celebrity and strike up a convo..so better that I dont see one..:thumbsup2

Too funny... i live in Youngstown, half way between East Liverpool and Chardon. Anyway, we saw John Denver at MGM back in the early 90's but that was about it.

One year I saw Teddy Johnson (use to play for the Patriots) leaving AKL.
Then the next year I saw Elizabeth Hassleback at Boma's breakfast buffet.
Three years ago while waiting in the RNR gift shop for my family I saw Adam Vinaterie(also use to play for the Patriots) coming off the ride. I wanted to go up to him sooo bad but didn't want to interupt his family vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter