• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Celebrities?

Funny ~ I don't know if it is a regional thing or not... but I could really care less to see a "celebrity". I am more excited when I see someone I know from home! Like the barber or someone I went to HS with and haven't seen for years.

I am thinking it is a Maine thing... b/c most people I know here feel the same.

That being said .... to my knowledge I have not seen anyone... of course they would be just another guest to me and it probably wouldn't click. LOL!

HAHA, I have something like this. I was a server, and a couple of years ago taught an art class ... and ran into two of my girl's from art class at EPCOT. After I quit the one job, the became my "regulars" when I was a server. The Finding Nemo ride was pretty new, and the line was pretty long, but I noticed them from away's back. Anywho, as they were in their shell going past me I just stood there waving, with a stupid grin on my face. :wave2: The girls started screaming "OMG MOM it's Amanda! It's Amanda!"

LOL, I would have loved to know what the people around us were thinking.

They waited for me at the end of the ride and we chatted for a bit. I <3 those girls, they're just a great family. We still talk about the time we ran into each other at Disney. Even though we're only about 45 minutes away from the House of Mouse, it's still pretty good odds to run into someone you know, I think.

when I was working: Julie Andrews, Doug Flutie, Keyshawn Johnson, Gloria Estefan, and Sean Astin

around the park-ing: Drew Carey at ToT, Jim Caviezel on Main Street, Jump 5 (Christian kid pop group back in the day) in AK

intentional sightings...aka stalkings: Tom Brady after his MVP parade at DHS; Lance Bass, Joey Fatone, and Emmanuele Chiriqui (the trio from their movie On The Line) after their parade at DHS; Michael Phelps, Ian Crocker, and Lenny Krayzelberg after the 04 Olympics (Only Michael Phelps thinks its normal to walk around MK's hub with his shirt off hahaha); Jaime Sale and David Pelletier (the Canadian pairs skaters who got the gold after the treachery of the judging) in Canada.....

I can't remember anybody else.....apparently my mind isn't working....

And on a side note, I saw my dentist in the Capitol Rotunda and my neighbor at the 96 Olympics.....my goal is to see somebody I know in a foreign country....that would be pretty sweet.....

We have only ever seen celebrities at our resorts. We saw Kelly Ripa with one of her children in a stroller & husband at our resort twice while we were there-BC/YC. We saw That guy who played J Peterman on Seinfeld working out in the gym one time while staying at the BWV. We did see Regis and Kelly filming the Christmas parade in 2003 and 2005 (along with the rest of the guests at the MK).

We saw Regis in December of 2004 - actually got on the same elevator, just him, me, DH and our 3 arguing children! :blush: I recognized him immediately, but was too afraid to say anything (I figure they must get so tired of being recognized). After we got off, I was like 'can you believe it? that was Regis' and DH was like - 'it was?' - he's so clueless...:upsidedow

Saw Robert Plant in near TOT in DHS (then MGM) back in 2000 while there on my honeymoon. Great surprise because my wife is a HUGE Zepplin fan:thumbsup2

WOW!!! I think I would have died of a heart attack if I saw Robert Plant out someplace!! Did you get his autograph? I've seen him live four times.

When I was a kid I was down there for the Goofy Games and saw/met a whole slew of pro/athletes and a sportscaster from our local news station. Funny thing, I was more excited about the news guy because he's the one I saw on TV.

Anyway, Boomer Esiason (sp.) almost knocked my sister over so his kid could meet Tigger. My dad was soooo angry...that night his buddy was at the poolside bar at CBR and had a few beers with Joe Washington from the Washington Redskins. My dad joined them and when I went over to see DD, Joe Washington let me put on his Superbowl ring. It was pretty cool.

My parents also saw the guy that played the dad on "Step by Step" the television show with Suzanne Somers. I don't remember seeing anyone else famous, but I don't really get too excited over it anyway. I was once in line behind Steven Tyler at Dunkin Donuts and everyone was freaking out...I don't know why...he's a regular at places like that around here.

Had dinner at the next table next to Donny Osmond and his wife and 3 of his sons last Christmas. It was great, such a sweet family.

I ate a table away from Joey Fattone in the Cali Grill. Shhh don't tell DH, I think he's a cutie.

And on a side note, I saw my dentist in the Capitol Rotunda and my neighbor at the 96 Olympics.....my goal is to see somebody I know in a foreign country....that would be pretty sweet.....

That reminds me of a trip my mom and I took to Paris in 1999, she's a teacher and took a week off from school... and we're in the hotel going to our room, and she bumps into a few of the PTA mothers of her school!! D'oh!! :rotfl2: :scared:

That reminds me of a trip my mom and I took to Paris in 1999, she's a teacher and took a week off from school... and we're in the hotel going to our room, and she bumps into a few of the PTA mothers of her school!! D'oh!! :rotfl2: :scared:

HAH that's awesome....why does everybody else have cool stories like that and not me??

Well, I did run into some friends of mine at DLRParis, but that was cuz we met them a week earlier in Italy and knew we were gonna be there the same day.....my friends went in the bathroom and came out with the fam of our friends! So we kinda rigged it.....

We were in the same restaurant as Pat Sajak but we never saw him.

We have seen tons of people that we know from home, though.

When I was a kid I was down there for the Goofy Games and saw/met a whole slew of pro/athletes and a sportscaster from our local news station. Funny thing, I was more excited about the news guy because he's the one I saw on TV.

Anyway, Boomer Esiason (sp.) almost knocked my sister over so his kid could meet Tigger. My dad was soooo angry...that night his buddy was at the poolside bar at CBR and had a few beers with Joe Washington from the Washington Redskins. My dad joined them and when I went over to see DD, Joe Washington let me put on his Superbowl ring. It was pretty cool.

My parents also saw the guy that played the dad on "Step by Step" the television show with Suzanne Somers. I don't remember seeing anyone else famous, but I don't really get too excited over it anyway. I was once in line behind Steven Tyler at Dunkin Donuts and everyone was freaking out...I don't know why...he's a regular at places like that around here.

I think the guy from Step by Step you are referring to is Patrick Duffy--also of Dallas fame. Of course I could be wrong.

Was on Test Track once... in the pre ride film room. When the film was over the doors were supposed to open. Well they didnt... for like 10 mins...

Then the door opens... and who is getting off the ride (with his entourage)?

Michael Jackson

I aslo had a second run in with Michael Jackson at a Broadway show. He say right in front of me (he was in disguise)

I saw Michael Jackson-- in what could hardly be called a disguise, it was so ridiculous-- in Fantasyland back in the late 80's. It was all over the news that night too, so so much for the disguise! Other than that, I saw Joan Lunden and Roxie Roker, again in the late 80's.

Over the last couple years I've seen Kelly Ripa, Marilyn Manson, Tommy Hilfiger, Jermaine Dupris, Mandy Moore, Shaq, and Joey Fatone. It's harder to recognize the celebrities when they aren't all made up.

My mother and I rode the great movie ride with Kelly Rippa, her hottie husband and their kids back in 2003 and didn't know until we got off the ride. It was later at night, and very dark. The park was empty and they didn't have a CM guide with them! EEK! My mother and I tried to see where they were going next but that family walks TOO FAST!

In early January 2008, I saw Robin Williams getting off of Star Tours. He walked right by me (with a VIP tour guide, of course)! He did look older without all his makeup!

We saw Steve Tyler once. He was walking around in Frontierland.

We also saw the teen girl that plays Raven's best friend. I don't know her name though. She was having lunch at Peco Bills and sat at the table beside us.

I was there the week after Christmas this past year, 2008. We saw Paul Schaffer of Letterman (talked to him briefly) and former President Jimmy Carter at DHS! I have never seen any famous people before and saw two on this trip! I was with my friend who is a CM and always serves VIPs, I guess he was my good luck charm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter