• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Celebrity Sightings...help me figure out who it was!

Phillygrl23

Mouseketeer
Ok, so I was there 5/19-5/26, I saw Shawn Micheals, the WWE wrestler twice. Once, at TSM getting on the ride the same time as me. Once, on Big Thunder Mountain the next day. It was easy to tell who he was since he has a pony tail, a nice tan and was with a cast member, plus my BF knows some wrestling, so he knew right away.

On Sunday, we saw a cast member taking a very pretty blonde woman and a man on to ToT and RR through the back way. It was obvious they were "famous" (getting the special cut in line treatment) but I dont know who they were nor did my BF. It didnt seem like anyone else did either. The guy made a comment (the were next to me when they came through the back way to get onto RR) that if he were in Disneyland Paris he would have more attention? But one older woman acted like she knew him, but I never asked her who it was. So I am assuming he was the 'famous' one. They looked about in their early to mid thirties. Was anyone at HS that day (5-24)and know who he was? I am curious. Thanks!

Ok, so I was there 5/19-5/26, I saw Shawn Micheals, the WWE wrestler twice. Once, at TSM getting on the ride the same time as me. Once, on Big Thunder Mountain the next day. It was easy to tell who he was since he has a pony tail, a nice tan and was with a cast member, plus my BF knows some wrestling, so he knew right away.

On Sunday, we saw a cast member taking a very pretty blonde woman and a man on to ToT and RR through the back way. It was obvious they were "famous" (getting the special cut in line treatment) but I dont know who they were nor did my BF. It didnt seem like anyone else did either. The guy made a comment (the were next to me when they came through the back way to get onto RR) that if he were in Disneyland Paris he would have more attention? But one older woman acted like she knew him, but I never asked her who it was. So I am assuming he was the 'famous' one. They looked about in their early to mid thirties. Was anyone at HS that day (5-24)and know who he was? I am curious. Thanks!

hahaha! OMG We saw Shawn Michaels too!!! Well fiance did. We were standing in line (that waiting area) for HOney I Shrunk the Audience and fiance goes OMG I SEE SHAWN MICHAELS, he's a huge fan, but he didn't make a big scene b/c he wanted to respect his privacy. I doubted him, I couldn't see b/c I am 5'2" and he's oo 6'2" so obviously he towers and saw Shawn Michaels walk into the theatre, I guess maybe he had it all to himself? Well with his kiddos and wife.

We see that a lot out here in DL, too. "Plaid's" guiding families full of nobody we recognize (DH2B and I affectionately refer to them as POP's: Plaids on Parade, because we see them so frequently :rotfl:). Anybody can book a private tour guide if you're willing to shell out around $150/hr. So there's a good chance they may have just been priviledged folk that could afford the hefty price tag. :snooty:

Sometimes you average Joe gets "back doored," as well. I have a friend who works at ToT and RnRC, and she gives us the VIP treatment when she can.

Maybe he's a CM at DLP. :laughing:

My hubby is a HUGE wrestling geek, he would have gone all fangirly if we saw Sean Michaels (but don't tell him I said that...:lmao:)
Last time we were there, I was waiting for the kids to get off of the teacups, and Scotty too Hotty (again, wrestling) walked past me. WWE loves Disney, I guess...lol! I've heard stories of people seeing Rick Flair and Mick Foley very often.

What nationality were they? I'm trying to think of British people who've been pictured in magazines over here recently in Disney. I know that Geri Halliwell was there recently but she's the only one I can think of, and more peoplew would've known a Spice Girl I'm sure :rotfl:

You know, maybe if you would have snapped a picture, it would have helped. :confused3 You could have done it without being obvious.

Until you said the part about the mid 30's and that they would be better known in DLP, I was thinking maybe it was Heidi and Spencer, b/c they are "famous" like you said but if you ask someone who doesn't watch MTV or read US Weekly, they probably wouldn't know who they were either! But don't tell that to 'Speidi', they think they are the greatest thing ever! :rolleyes:

My hubby is a HUGE wrestling geek, he would have gone all fangirly if we saw Sean Michaels (but don't tell him I said that...:lmao:)
Last time we were there, I was waiting for the kids to get off of the teacups, and Scotty too Hotty (again, wrestling) walked past me. WWE loves Disney, I guess...lol! I've heard stories of people seeing Rick Flair and Mick Foley very often.

We saw Scotty too Hotty there too, years ago! I wonder if he lives in the area too?

Wow is all I can say. I love Shawn Michaels, yes I am a wrestling fan. I would have walked right up to him and asked for a picture. Why couldn't he have waited a few months and gone when I arrive? :guilty: . being and Disney and meeting Shawn would have been the coolest thing to ever happen !

What nationality were they? I'm trying to think of British people who've been pictured in magazines over here recently in Disney. I know that Geri Halliwell was there recently but she's the only one I can think of, and more peoplew would've known a Spice Girl I'm sure :rotfl:

:eek: Maybe it was Becks & Posh!!! :eek:

I am pretty sure they were american. The guy did not have an accent, dont know if the girl did. I am pretty good with celebrities, even "reality" stars. My BF thinks by his looks he could have been a country singer or a band member like a drummer from a band where people might not recognize some of the band members. I dont know...I have pics of Shawn lol but it was right as I was in line for RR, literally next to board, so my camera was in my bag all packed away.

Ok so he looked like the country singer Blake Shelton, but it was NOT him. So if you know any other celebrities that look similiar to him, it could have been...

Until you said the part about the mid 30's and that they would be better known in DLP, I was thinking maybe it was Heidi and Spencer, b/c they are "famous" like you said but if you ask someone who doesn't watch MTV or read US Weekly, they probably wouldn't know who they were either! But don't tell that to 'Speidi', they think they are the greatest thing ever! :rolleyes:

How funny ! I thought the same exact thing!! :lmao:

Maybe they were just rich Joe Shmoe's and the comment about more attention at Disneyland Paris was referring to the VIP treatment from the CMs. Either way, he sounds like a tool because he was worried about how much attention he was not receiving.

It was obvious they were "famous"
How is fame obvious? Maybe and the more likely answer is that they were just people who decided to use the service. It is available to all and expense is relative to ones income or maybe they just saved for the VIP treatment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter