Chances of getting an extra person in on my reservations

tabrizia

DIS Veteran
So we are going to Disney from mid January to the end of January. We just added a 7th member to our party. I have gone through and adjusted as many of our dining reservations as I can. However, there are a couple of restaurants that do not have availability for 7 at the time or days we already have our reservation for. How likely am I to be able to get a 7th person in at Teppen Edo, Raglan Road, Saana, and The Skippers Canteen rather than the 6 my reservations are for. I will keep looking for a table for 7, but I am not holding out a lot of hope and I really don't want to deal with the whole two reservations if I can avoid it.

So we are going to Disney from mid January to the end of January. We just added a 7th member to our party. I have gone through and adjusted as many of our dining reservations as I can. However, there are a couple of restaurants that do not have availability for 7 at the time or days we already have our reservation for. How likely am I to be able to get a 7th person in at Teppen Edo, Raglan Road, Saana, and The Skippers Canteen rather than the 6 my reservations are for. I will keep looking for a table for 7, but I am not holding out a lot of hope and I really don't want to deal with the whole two reservations if I can avoid it.
try looking for availability for 8 instead of 7. Disney sems to like even numbers more than odd. you will not be charged the no show fee if you show up with 7 not 8

Raglan Road accepts reservations on Open Table and there's often more availability there vs. the Disney system so that's an option for that night. For the others, I'd say chances are pretty good but there's no guarantee and you should probably have a plan B if it's not an option. I'd keep trying to modify. Maybe try the free reservation finder service on Touring Plans or one of the paid options? Going from 6 to 7, you likely need a larger table (excl. Teppan Edo where all tables are for 8 and groups are sat together) and beyond table assignments restaurants are also monitoring overall occupancy limits. Hope it works out for you!

I already tried looking for 8. I’ll keep looking since we just added the 7th 2 hours ago.

I was able to go to 7 with 3 reservation so hopefully more will pop.

I’ve got reservations either for close times, or I was able to make one for 7 for everything now but Skippers Canteen.

I’ll keep an eye out for either a reservation for 2 at the same time, oh no my husband and I will have to eat at one table while the 5 teens and preteens eat at a different table, whatever will I do (I’ll enjoy myself), or I’ll see if I can adjust to 7. If not I’ll check day off and worst comes to worst my husband won’t go and probably my youngest, since I’m not sure how much he’ll like the food anyways.

The open table suggestion for raglan road worked perfectly. I totally forgot I could do that though I’ve done it before.

This should not be a problem at all. Check in for your reservation on line, at which time you will have the option to add one more person to your reservation. Or just tell the host/hostess upon check-in when you arrive at the restaurant. We did this many times when our son’s girlfriend unexpectedly joined us. I even stopped at Guest Services, and that is what they told us to do. We never had any issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter