Chapek out as CEO!

Be there at the onset of covid.

"Retire" as it starts to fall. Let some scapegoat you appoint take the fallout.

Come "to rescue" to sinking ship and likely drive a hard bargain in doing so.

Brilliant.

I would love to see what the comp package looked like. I bet it set records.

Good he's gone. Not good Iger is back. Iger put us in this mess and just used Chapek as the fall guy. Guess we'll get a new NBA Experience though!
Let’s be honest, Covid helped put Disney in this mess. Chapek was just the wrong guy to navigate through it. Every other large cap company seemed to do just fine and adapt and overcome without pissing its customers off. DIS market cap grew almost 50% from 2018 until Covid under Igers watch.

Let’s be honest, Covid helped put Disney in this mess. Chapek was just the wrong guy to navigate through it. Every other large cap company seemed to do just fine and adapt and overcome without pissing its customers off. DIS market cap grew almost 50% from 2018 until Covid under Igers watch.
Of course it did but many of the current plans were put in place, or planned, before Covid. Covid accelerated plans and let them do things that would have been really hard to implement without even worse backlash. In many ways, it helped them do a lot that they wanted. It set them back, financially, and canned a lot of projects (probably for the best) but they were set on course for much of this a while ago. The delays probably did more to the stock price than anything else. Epcot is a mess because it's taken so long. Most rides are a year or more delayed but a lot of stuff that went in, went in poorly. I'm happy to spread a lot of blame around between them all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter