Characters love selfies too, Mom! A Mom/Daughter Disney Adventure!

We did the Animation class for the first time in March and Claire was obsessed with it!

You didn't say if you liked Boma breakfast? Did you try the bread pudding French toast? That stuff is to die for!

HS looks so empty! Mickey is too cute editing the selfie :laughing:

Boma breakfast was really good! We did enjoy it. I didn't try the bread pudding though, :( .

I think Mickey has caught on to the selfie craze! He's a pro!!:lmao:

Yay for HS day! M is too cute with her character selfies! So stinkin' adorable!!

I can't wait to see what y'all drew...I love that class it's one of my favorite things to do in HS!

Boma breakfast looks really good! Do they have the juice there for breakfast, too?

We are indeed and I can't wait! I have a PTR, but probably won't post anymore until we get back since we leave so soon!

Hopefully things will slow down for you and you'll get to take a Fall trip somewhere!

They did have the juice for breakfast. I love that juice!!

We did take a "mini" day trip to the mountains a couple weeks ago, where we usually go every year to the apple orchard, but still hoping for a real trip!!
(But gotta wait & see how it goes.....hint: we may be moving by the end of the year.)

We did the Animation class for the first time in March and Claire was obsessed with it!

DD loves that Animation class!!! I'm glad ya'll got to do it!

They did have the juice for breakfast. I love that juice!!

We did take a "mini" day trip to the mountains a couple weeks ago, where we usually go every year to the apple orchard, but still hoping for a real trip!!
(But gotta wait & see how it goes.....hint: we may be moving by the end of the year.)

I saw your pic on FB...where did y'all end up going to in the mountains?

Does that mean that you may be moving to FL???:listen:

I saw your pic on FB...where did y'all end up going to in the mountains?

Does that mean that you may be moving to FL???:listen:

We went to Flat Rock, NC, to "Sky Top Orchard". They have a ton of stuff to do, pick apples, grapes, whatever is in season. They make apple cider donuts, apple cider slushies, and all kinds of apple themed stuff! It's such a fun day trip.

I wish I was moving to FL!! Still dreaming of it....someday! :wizard:

For our Animation Class, we got to draw..................

Minnie Mouse!!!

On our way out of the class, there was a table right outside, with lots of "professional" drawings and the lady said we could have whichever one we wanted, so I picked Minnie. This picture compares all three pics, mine on the bottom, DD's at the top, and then the professionally one:

028_zps01e52995.jpg

Every time I draw those pics, mine comes out so little and chunky! :rotfl2:

Then we went to Toy Story Mania

367_zps11f4ad40.jpg

369_zpsa133d6ac.jpg

376_zpsc2909347.jpg

378_zps40ca28d3.jpg

My score is on the left, and DD's on the right. I get so competitive at this game. I love it!!

381_zpsd00fed75.jpg

Then we went to the Backlot Tour, with only 15 minute wait.

385_zps35431654.jpg

386_zpsc978bb92.jpg

387_zps5599a599.jpg

389_zpsf02d618a.jpg

391_zps0c49a89e.jpg

394_zpsceb395ea.jpg

I love the Titanic movie stuff!

395_zps20e6167d.jpg

397_zps3c374fa9.jpg

399_zps3ff4ebef.jpg

400_zpsba68f4db.jpg

Time to find something to eat...

DD loves going to Pizza Planet

405_zps39d4a50f.jpg

So we had the usual, along with a "Dirt Cupcake" to share.

408_zps04ed79ab.jpg

And a close up........

409_zpsb45c74ee.jpg

View from our table:

410_zpsb761a5b9.jpg

We went to the Muppet Vision 3D:

411_zps6dd5ed14.jpg

036_zps957dd398.jpg

Then we just walked & shopped around a little bit...

413_zps3932a6ca.jpg

Love the candy stores!!

415_zpsb8c6e530.jpg

416_zpsf1429f1e.jpg

417_zps7fe084b6.jpg

418_zpsbda830df.jpg

DD wanted to ride the Tower of Terror

420_zps63bcd888.jpg

421_zps32958321.jpg

I went through the line with her, but chickened out....as usual :rotfl:

Her ride pic (she's in he blue). I told her that everybody was screaming, and she was just chillin' :rotfl2:

423_zps26252d0e.jpg

More HS to come...

A potential move? That's exciting!

Your day at HS sounds like so much fun!!!! I'm going to try and get mom into the drawing class next trip.

That's pretty cool that you were able to pick up one of the professional drawings on the way out! For some reason, Mike and I always draw "fluffy" characters too...just wait till you see our latest one!

Heehee..I know what you mean about being competitive on TSM...it's impossible not too! I LOVE that ride!

You can't go wrong with Pizza Planet! We've only eaten there once and we sat outside, so I had no idea there was an upstairs!

You always take the best pics of the merchandise...those of the candy are awesome!

I laughed out loud at how calm M was on ToT compared to everyone else...that's hilarious!

A potential move? That's exciting!

Your day at HS sounds like so much fun!!!! I'm going to try and get mom into the drawing class next trip.

You should definitely do the drawing class! It's really fun.

Your daughter is sitting there thinking "This ride is so lame, I can't believe Mom chickened out again!!!" :rotfl2:

:lmao:

That's pretty cool that you were able to pick up one of the professional drawings on the way out! For some reason, Mike and I always draw "fluffy" characters too...just wait till you see our latest one!

Heehee..I know what you mean about being competitive on TSM...it's impossible not too! I LOVE that ride!

You can't go wrong with Pizza Planet! We've only eaten there once and we sat outside, so I had no idea there was an upstairs!

You always take the best pics of the merchandise...those of the candy are awesome!

I laughed out loud at how calm M was on ToT compared to everyone else...that's hilarious!

We love Pizza Planet, and we always eat upstairs.

I think she's trying to seem calm on the ToT to make me think there's nothing to it, and hoping I'll get on it someday! :lmao:

After DD's ride on ToT, we stopped for ice cream......

425_zpsa88b53db.jpg

although I got really annoyed because they were taking so long (and the line wasn't even long) and by the time we got ours, it was halfway melted...

I got the....
"Apple Crisp Ala Mode - Cinnamon Apple topped with Old-fashioned Vanilla Ice Cream, Caramel Sauce, and Streusel - $6.19"

426_zps76ca2436.jpg

It was still pretty good, though.

So we headed towards the park exit and we called it a day.
Or our "shortest park day ever" :rotfl2:

We decided to end our park day a little early, since we would be departing the next day, and wanted to get started on packing, etc. and since there was only one showing of Fantasmic AND the park was closing early anyway.

Got to get a balloon shot on the way out:

430_zps42c17e6c.jpg

433_zps2b9d6334.jpg

We arrived back at the resort,

434_zpsb648ef8d.jpg

440_zpsba878e24.jpg

441_zpsdc0837d3.jpg

443_zps5d1eb671.jpg

444_zpsc06627b5.jpg

445_zpsee5db114.jpg

DD wanted to hang out in the room for a while, but I wanted to walk around the resort and look around & take everything in, since we had been on the go so much since arriving.

So we decided to meet back up later:

I loved these vintage shadow boxes. I spent so much time just checking it all out!

446_zpsfd5ea083.jpg

447_zpsd6f88062.jpg

448_zpsa83f7f54.jpg

This stuff just brings back memories of my childhood!

450_zpsb9e326e0.jpg

451_zpsd8d6e5c4.jpg

Spent some more time in the gift shop:

452_zpsc0ac1d22.jpg

454_zpse2f9c6ae.jpg

Then I called DD and told her to meet me at the restaurant so we could eat.

My meal was:: "Sloppy Joe - Ground Beef, Tomato Sauce, Green Peppers, Spanish Onion, Cheddar, and Onion Rings with Pasta Salad or French Fries - $9.49"

And DD's meal: "Create-Your-Own Chicken Sandwich - Grilled or Fried Chicken and Choice of Toppings with Pasta Salad or French Fries - $10.49"

458_zps686b61e4.jpg

(Why does our ketchup & mustard look so huge???? :rotfl2: )

We then went back to the room to finish packing. :sad:

The next morning, on our final day, we got everything ready and headed out......

459_zps12a8e8f3.jpg

Just because it's departure day,

doesn't mean the fun comes to an end........!!!!!!!
:hourglass

Coming up: Our final day, and a few of my favorite photopass pics from HS!
:cool1:

How bizarre and sad your icecream was so melted when you got it. They should have made another.

Love those shadow boxes at Pop, so many cool things!

How bizarre and sad your icecream was so melted when you got it. They should have made another.

Love those shadow boxes at Pop, so many cool things!

I think the ice cream was prepared and ready as usual, but I think it just sat there forever before the clerk decided to get it and give it to us.

We had a late flight departure on our final day, so we headed to DTD for lunch, and planned to meet my Dis-friend, Pam. After the last few years of reading each others TR's, and messaging on occasion, we finally were going to get a chance to meet in person! Our final day at Disney, was her arrival day, so we had to find time to squeeze in a meet!!

We made it to DTD but hurried along, so we could get to Rainforest, but I still got a couple pics on the way:

462_zps65763ca8.jpg

463_zpsa9d9eff5.jpg

465_zps2b1d133a.jpg

466_zps089680e9.jpg

467_zps840b85b5.jpg

We wanted to eat at Rainforest Cafe, but didn't make a reservation, so we thought if we'd just arrive at opening (11am), that we might have a chance to get in.

We get to the line and there's only a few people waiting for opening, so we got in line, and then got seated right away when they opened!

We got to sit right next to this big fella!

470_zpsdecbd8a5.jpg

Cheese!

474_zps92a5501c.jpg

I had the chicken, potatoes, and coleslaw

476_zps7af982b4.jpg

DD got the turkey wrap and coleslaw

475_zps3b6c240c.jpg

And it was soooooo good!!!

After we finished eating, I texted Pam and she was ready to meet up.
But DD was having fun with the Rainforest mascot frog!!
This was so funny! It reminded me of Turtle Talk with Crush, where he interacts with you. They had some hilarious chit-chat and she even got a selfie, because he was talking to her about cell phones, and how he had one that played music, which led him to dance!!! :lmao:

037_zps1ce11fb1.jpg

We decided to meet up with Pam and her mom at Ghiradelli for some ice cream!

We arrived where they were waiting and we all just hugged and said how happy we were to finally meet. She and her mom were just as cute and cheerful as I imagined from her TR's! We had some good chit chat but agreed it was time to get in line for some ice cream, while her mom saved us a table outside.

DD & I got the ice cream sundaes (I got caramel sea salt, and I think hers was the chocolate sundae.)

478_zps81cfd2b8.jpg

Pam got a milkshake and her mom got a warm chocolate chip cookie. How did I not know this!!!!!! Ghiradelli has cookies?????? Her mom was so sweet, she shared her cookie with my DD! :hug:

And we had to take some pics!!!!

479_zps04306497.jpg

480_zpsb186bd8e.jpg

482_zpsd52e7e49.jpg

483_zps4c647512.jpg

That was such a fun meet-up! But we knew we had some last minute shopping to do, before heading to the airport. We said our good-byes to Pam & her mom, and how we wished we had more time!!

:grouphug:

We headed over to World of Disney for our last minute purchases.
And goofed off a little bit too.

485_zps4994636e.jpg

Some merchandise pics along the way:

486_zps06f49a32.jpg

487_zps126d52ad.jpg

488_zpsef83895a.jpg

Art of Disney store

489_zpsc48224ad.jpg

490_zps17f19ecb.jpg

493_zps4ca29424.jpg

495_zps9804e66f.jpg

496_zps24fcfdfb.jpg

Then we stopped at the smoothie stand for another treat to have in the car, for our trip to Sanford Airport.

498_zpsf9056daa.jpg

497_zpsa43d2a50.jpg

One last pic on the way out :sad1:

499_zpse8962c03.jpg

We made it to the Sanford Airport (about an hour drive) and before we knew it, it was time to board and head home!!!

500_zps14a72e08.jpg

502_zps2f65b640.jpg

507_zps51197f7e.jpg

We talked and giggled around a little bit in the plane, taking selfies & being silly trying not to be sad about our ending trip!!

098_zpsac95988f.jpg

099_zps6d7b676f.jpg

100_zpsc25a7d5d.jpg

Before this TR ends though:

Coming up: our photopass pics from HS, and........

......what's next for this Mom/Daughter duo!!!!!?????

princess:

That was so much fun meeting up! Next time we'll have to plan some park time :)

Love all that gorgeous stuff in the art store.

Oooohhhh, can't wait to hear what's next!

Yay!!! Great meet up with Pam.
It looks like you made the best of your last day.

I do miss Pop. It's been a while since we have stayed there and I do need to get back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter