Chase Disney cc is a joke

DizMe

Here we gooooo...
I love the castle picture on it. I thought it would provide me, as a frequent guest, with some payback. Huh!

I just used it to pay for my Inspire key renewal. I normally use my Southwest card for everything, but since it was a Disney purchase, I thought I might add some Disney dollars for my trip. Joke's on me! My $1649 purchase earned me....wait for it...16 Disney dollars. Holy crap! That enormous 1% reward would buy me 2 Mickey gingerbread cookies. If I'd used my SW card, I'd have earned enough points for a roundtrip flight from Sacramento to Orange County.

Whaaaaat??? That pretty castle picture now seems to be mocking me for not paying more attention.

Used to be better. I use it on occasion for beer money. Unless you go nuts with the card it’s hard to get anything meaningful

I've had the card for several years. I just never noticed because I don't use it much. I got a good sign-up bonus, at least! LOL. I'll have to check out the credit card thread on the Budget Board next time, but they're way out of my league.

The bonus was wort it but not so much after. Chase is a typical big bank. They figure out how to make money off of the common consumer. They spent their money with Disney to get licensing fees to issue Disney branded cards and let the rest of us pay for it with elevated interest rates.

The bonus was wort it but not so much after. Chase is a typical big bank. They figure out how to make money off of the common consumer. They spent their money with Disney to get licensing fees to issue Disney branded cards and let the rest of us pay for it with elevated interest rates.
I NEVER pay interest on it
The trick is using it as much as possible but paying off balance before it’s due/accrues any interest

That is interesting to learn about that card. I have been wanting to apply for it but never have. My aunt seems to be able to accumulate a decent amount of rewards on hers, I believe she can get about $100-$150ish in a year which she uses for food/snacks in the parks when we all go together.

That is interesting to learn about that card. I have been wanting to apply for it but never have. My aunt seems to be able to accumulate a decent amount of rewards on hers, I believe she can get about $100-$150ish in a year which she uses for food/snacks in the parks when we all go together.
Other cards can earn you double to triple the rewards, so it shouldn't be your primary card. But it's a good card to have in your wallet. If you use it as your onboard account, you'll get 10% off at the stores on board as well as some spa and Castaway items. At the parks, there are several restaurants that will give you 10% off if you use the physical Disney Visa card, as well as most stores if you spend enough. And Chase periodically has online offers listed in their app; last month, I saved over $10 when I bought a couple of huge bags of dog food online from Walmart.

I use mine mostly for booking a hotel room at WDW when they offer a discount or I use it at Disney for a discount on shopping and meals. I have other credit cards that offer better incentives that I use for regular purchases.

For most things, I get the same or better discounts for Disney with my Inspire pass. I really don't use the credit card too often and was surprised at how small the return was compared to my Southwest card. I would much rather earn a round-trip flight than $16 to spend at Disney! Oh, I don't have the premier card, just the regular one. Maybe premier is better?

I find the one with a fee to be a little bit better - 2% on Disney and Dining isn't bad.. There are some cards that are better.

It's also nice that when you buy DVC or DCL you can spread the payments over 6 months at 0% instead of 9.99% with Disney for DVC or 20% on a regular credit card.

I find the one with a fee to be a little bit better - 2% on Disney and Dining isn't bad.. There are some cards that are better.

It's also nice that when you buy DVC or DCL you can spread the payments over 6 months at 0% instead of 9.99% with Disney for DVC or 20% on a regular credit card.
Oh, that's good to know!

For most things, I get the same or better discounts for Disney with my Inspire pass. I really don't use the credit card too often and was surprised at how small the return was compared to my Southwest card. I would much rather earn a round-trip flight than $16 to spend at Disney! Oh, I don't have the premier card, just the regular one. Maybe premier is better?
I have the regular too only because it’s frustrating to me to spend money to get money
But I know I’d see more return on 2%

Uuugh

I keep it because there’s no annual fee, I’ve had it a long time so it helps my credit score, it gives me some photo ops and sometimes early access to tix for special events, and the discounts at WDW where we don’t have annual passes. We do most of our spending on other cards.

It's not a "joke" if you only use it when it offers the best return on your spend. That might mean there aren't many opportunities beyond the sign-up bonus, but even that has to be analyzed to determine if the bonus justifies opening a new card, and all the repercussions it triggers. When determining its value, you must take into account if you're going to carry a balance or not; I don't think there's any card/bonus out there which will yield a positive net while carrying balances and paying interest.

I'm not a credit card person and just have the a Target one but recently signed up for the Disney one (the one with the fee) to get the statement credit for a big trip we have coming up next year. I only put things on it that are going to get me 2% or use those little rewards offers to buy Disney gift cards (ex. 7% cash back on a purchase at Food Lion-bought a Disney GC). I'm sure there are better cards but I strictly use it for Disney related purchases. I've had it a month, but I have $10 in rewards and gotten about $15 cash back on Disney gift cards, which I don't think is terrible. Like someone else said, I don't ever carry a balance and pay off my cards monthly. It's not a bad card, but certainly not the best everyday card.

Yep we used that feature for buying our DVC direct.
I also love the special photo pass options in WDW and some times there are deals I can get on it. Between my DVC and Disney chase card I normally can get some sort of discount. But I am not a pass holder at any the parks since I only go normally once per year.

We keep it and I only put Disney spending on it. So dvc dues are the big thing but all my rundisney stuff goes on here too. We normally get a 100ish to 200ish for gift card spending on it. Not much but everything adds up. We put everything else though on our Sapphire Chase card for points to fly cause it is much better.

Also with all credit cards pay off each month unless you are using the specials 0% interest option for very specific purchases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter