Chicago area Diser's - check in here Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!! :wave:

Been busy this morning going over our ADR's!!! Again!!!Made some changes, added a new restaurant I've not been to, Concourse Steakhouse.
Anyone been there??
Also made an ADR for the new character meal at H&V for Hunter's benefit. :teeth:
Cleaned all of downstairs,which is saying a lot!!! :teeth:

slo & geffric Hunter's fever is gone. And his ears look less pink colored, they always get a little pink when he has an ear infection.
The allergy eye drops are already working great-Patanol I believe they are called. He's still sniffely though, but I guess that will wain as the ear infection goes away too.
Thanks for asking!! :goodvibes

About Universal, for those who have gone recently:
What type of characters do they have? And are they approachable like ones at Disney? Do they do pictures/signatures, that kind of thing? :confused3

Gotta run! Little man's tummy is saying it's lunch time!!! The kids like a clock!! :rotfl2: :banana:

Bunchkin said:
What type of characters do they have? And are they approachable like ones at Disney? Do they do pictures/signatures, that kind of thing? :confused3

I saw some characters on the last trip at IOA in the Dr Suess area. There was Cat in the Hat, and Thing 1 and Thing 2. They were taking pictures and giving out hugs..

Bunchkin said:
Hello!! :wave:

Been busy this morning going over our ADR's!!! Again!!!Made some changes, added a new restaurant I've not been to, Concourse Steakhouse.
Anyone been there??

[

:

concourse steak house: i have been there and feel the quality of the steak and sides are better than le cellier. i had new york strip once and the filet mignot both are excellent choices.
tables are linen cloth, wait staff very attentive. last october they had one server per every two tables. appetizers: great variety. the jumbo shrimp was the best my entire 11 day trip then.
check allearsnet.com for the complete menu.

i have an adr for thursday oct 5 this fall at concourse.
there was talk of moving the resturant down to the 1st floor and moving the arcades to where concourse is now. the noise from chef mickeys can filter in to the area where concourse is now. you can request to be seater on the far side opposite of chef mickey is noise is an issue for you.

universal: the characters changed this february. i don;t remember all that are new now. they added 10 more characters and retired 5 older ones.

the characters are the best. they all TALK to you and sound like the actual characters. if i can find the link i will post it here to show the characters UO has now. they will pose for pics and spend as much time with you as you want. i do know spiderman, wolverine, and the other 3 stay together as a set. cat in the hat with thing 1 and 2 are there, gee so many of them, i will look for the link for you the next few days.
maybe geffric can recall some of the others. she went in february.

Hi, all! Just a few days till our trip, so I'm doing a fly-by today, I apologize for not responding in detail to everyone in advance.

Sandy, I think you'll be *great* with real estate. I know change is a scary thing, but I think you have the personality that it takes.

Amy...adorable pictures! Thx for posting them!

American Girl store...been there lots of times! I :love: the place, and I don't even have any daughters! (I've gone with my niece, and get stuff for her in there, plus, I will admit, I bought one of those Coconut doggies that you dress up for myself!) I always love to get my cute little red American Girl Place shopping bag! My husband likes to eat at the FoodLife place at Water Tower Place when we go there; then he will wander into Comp USA next to AG while I shop! We also like to go up to the Signature Room on the 95th floor of the Hancock Center (no charge to go up there). They have a decent brunch there during the week that's not too expensive, and if it's clear outside, it's a beautiful view!

I was interested to hear everyone's ideas on Universal, as we are considering possibly taking a day this trip to try going over there. I have been to Universal in California, but never Florida. We don't really like roller coasters, though; will there be enough to do??

Okay, gotta run...*still* trying to get organized for the trip!

Have a great day, everyone!

Hi all-
Anybody doing the take your child to work day tomorrow?
Both Chrissy and Matthew are doing this tomorrow, going to dh's work.
The thing is, dh hasn't been feeling well. Chrissy has a cold. I'm coming down with it. Wishing my kids can just go to school tomorrow. Well, this is optional to do this or not. At least the kids get no absence, it doesn't go on their school record that they are absent.

DMM- the pics of Gabriel and Autumn are really cute! You're welcome with the info of the Museum of S&I.

2sweetangels- the pics of girls are cute!

Hi also to slo, macraven, Bunchkin, geffric, and anyone else I missed :wave2:

Gotta get going.
Have a good day!

Rosemarie

Hi DonnaW :wave2:

Haven't been to US, but we went to IOA 2 yrs. ago. We only had time to do the Suess Landings at IOA, didin't have time to go to US unfortunately. Had to catch our plane back to go home. This was on Chrissy's MAW trip.
I do know US has tons of rides, and a lot of Nickelodeon character rides,Sponge Bob, Jimmy Nutron, etc. the Hulk roller coaster.

Singe digit dance for you! :cool1: :cool1: :banana: :banana: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Rosemarie

Slo- yeah after staying under my quilt and some extra blankets, I was able to stay warm and fall asleep, I guess the radiators are off now untill September, Im not use to this radiatir heat anymore, at my old apartment I had forced air and was able to control my heat all year long.

roseprincess- thank you, they are just growing so fast

DonnaW- thank you, only if they acted the way they look :rolleyes:

geffric-thank you, I was able to stay warm for a little while, today is a much better day, it is warmer outside today so its not so cold in my apartment now, hopefully it stays this way untill my radiators come back on

i have been going to the dark side since 1992.
at that point is was just universal studios.
island of adventure was added years later.

what type of info are you interested in?

i can help you with rides, shows, food , etc..

Good morning all :sunny:

This is going to be a fast post because either my computer was really slow or The DIS was really slow - I'm not sure which. :confused3

So....hello to all and have a good day today!!! :wave:

Morning...:surfweb: I am working from home the rest of the week. YEAH! Eric has a track meet today and maybe I'll get to see him run. Geoff 's school has a late start today. he doesn't need to be there until 10:20 am.. So he is still sleeping..Cat got a bunny and a bird yesterday, wonder what today will bring.

SLO my Dad was a realtor for his whole career. He loved it. You'll do great at it.

AMY were you warmer last night?

Off to ketchup.. be back later

Good Morning all! I wonder why my mom has not posted anything for awhile :confused3 I talked to her though, she is doing good. Hayley rolled under her crib yesterday and I couldn't find her, when I did find her, she was just laying there sucking her thumb :sad2: got keep and eye on her now.

gerrific- Well I stayed pretty warm yesterday, I can't believe they turned off the radiators already, both my mom and my cousin's mother said that thier radiators kicked on the other day, so why are mine off already :confused3

morning all!!! and i mean GOOD morning! both kids slept through the night!! woohoo! i slept sooo nice!!!

Hey we're doing the Concourse on TUES. the 3rd!!!!

DonnaW, thanks for the reminder about the Signature room, i had totally forgotten about it!!!! do you think i would need ressies for a monday??

Thanks everyone again!

I have never been on the community board before. I just did a search for something else and found you. I work in downtown Chicago and live in the far south subs. I have a 3 year old dd and we LOVE Disney.

Windy City Heather- WELCOME
8762qhvjstqegs.gif

DisneyMommyMichelle- were eating at the Concourse on Oct. 1 after we are done at the Animal Kingdom.

Hi Everyone! Well, just a couple more days til they announce the schedule for MVMCP! Can't wait. Then I can "put down in stone" all my plans for the November trip.

For Disneyland, I am going to reserve "riverside" seating for Fantasmic and then I have one Priority Seating for Ariel's Grotto for a Princess Dinner. Megan is going to be so excited. I know she's going to love meeting Ariel and the other princesses. We've never met them at WDW.

Bunchkin, I also liked Concourse, but overall I preferred LeCellier. LeCellier has the cheese soup and pretzel bread, etc. Concourse is very nice though. Service is good and it's fun to see the monorail go through the hotel every few seconds. I just liked the overall theming with LeCellier too. Just my 2 cents... (worth about 1/2 a cent due to inflation :teeth: )

I hope everyone has a nice day. Looks like the weather in Chicagoland is going to be crummy for the weekend.... booo hisssss booo hiss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter