Chicago area Diser's - check in here Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello SamIAm21--> your vacation plans all sound wonderful! and fun!!!
:banana:

we are doing Le Cellier for dinner on the 4th of October!!!

Anybody out there stay at the Residence Inn By Marriott in Schaumburg?
i have stayed RI before, just not this location. We did it by PriceLine (i'm a priceline newbie and was swayed by the current thread about it) so i am a bit worried, but we needed a place to spend the night Sunday since we have Tim and Faith that night and then Downtown the next!!

DisneyMommyMichelle said:
2sweetangels--> we are doing Boma on the first for dinner and Chef mickey's for breakfast! woohoo!!

No Boma for us, but we are gonna do Chef Mickey's for breakfast as well on Oct. 2

i had to check my adr schedule as my eyes lit up when i read dmm post on le cellier.

here is where i will be on my trip:
sept 26 ohana dinner
" 27 keys to kingdom tour
dinner at crystal palace
" 28 lunch at garden grill
dinner at WCC
" 29 breakfast at crystal palace
dinner at 1900 park faire
" 30 dinner at rose & crown

oct 1 dinner at grand floridian cafe
" 2 still undecided
" 3 dinner at le cellier
" 4 dinner at biergarten
" 5 dinner at concourse steak house

i'm doing opp for garden grill and breakfast at cp.

anyone know if they will be where i will be during the trip?

macraven said:
anyone know if they will be where i will be during the trip?

I wish.. i brought the subject up with Dh last night as we were discussing vacation type things but he chose to ignore me since he had to stay home with the kids while I went to WDW.:scratchin . Hmm wonder why he wasn't happy??:confused3

DisneyMommyMichelle I love Boma.. hope you enjoy it..

Windy City Heather Welcome!!! I work in Sears Tower and although I live NW 'burbs ,my parent used to live in Calumet City..

We tend to stay with buffets since my boys can eat and eat and eat..

macraven my dear, it looks like we will miss you everywhere :)

i have my ADR huge poster board that i had to get off the wall and brought it over here.

30th OHANA
1st Chef Mickey's (breakfast)
BOMA (Dinner)
2nd Fantasmic package at Hollywood and Vine (dinner)
3rd Concourse Steak House (dinner)
4th CP (breakfast)
Le Cellier (dinner)
6th Whispering Canyon Cafe

Anyone match me up??

Hi WC Heather!!

WC Heather and I actually had a chance to meet for lunch last year a couple times before our September Disney trip. We actually went to Disney on the exact same days last year and both families were staying at the Contemporary. We also live in the exact same town. I didn't learn until we got home that we were in rooms right next to each other. We ran into each other a few times during the week, which was fun.

WC Heather has my eternal gratitude because I didn't know about the dining plan last year and she told me all about it over lunch. This was when I had no Disney knowledge whatsoever and she told me to call WDW-Dine and I got my dining for free last September. She told me all about the DIS and that's how I started posting here regularly. Before that I was mainly just lurking and posting in the countdown threads! So glad to see you down here WCH.

:cheer2:

Hello everyone! I've been a little MIA lately, Finally got the closing date for my refinance, packing yes I said packing. The title company is going to find someone to go down to disney to do my closing. Can you believe someones misfortune. Well go to get back keeping up with laundry. Tallk to you all more when I get back. :banana: :banana:

SamIAm21--> that's cool about you and WCH!!!

Hersey-->wooohooo to finally getting that packin thing down! now are you done yet??

i don't know how you guys do it! i'm the gal that brings the suitcase up 2-3 months before the trip and begins shopping and throwing stuff in at 2months and by about 3-4 weeks before the trip i am all done with the suitcases and lists of what is inside!!

Hi all-
My kids did the Take Your Child to Work Day this morning at dh's office. He took the kids with him this AM. They were the only kids at his office and unfortunately, the owners and/or officers (dh works for a small mortgage co.) didn't do anything special for hte kids,ie. order pizza for lunch or have any food out for them or any tours. :sad2: The kids were starting to get antsy at around 11:30 am and I got there at dh's office by 12:15 pm. (Dh works 1/2 hour away). The 4 of us went out to lunch at burger king, then we dropped dh off at work and the kids and I came home.
Anyone here do the take Your child to work Day? Maybe I'm the only one here that did? :confused3

Welcome, Windy City Heather! :wave:

Hersey- Wow, is your closing for refinance when you are at WDW? That's great the title co. is willing to come down to WDW for that!
We have refinanced our condo a couple of times in hte past 6-7 yrs. It's great when dh works for a mortgage co, we don't have to pay any upfront fees! Dh and I have met up with the title co. during lunch hour and sign the papers and then, done!
Hope all goes well with the refinance!
Have a great trip to WDW in case I don't get to say goodbye later! :cool1:

DMM- I live in Schaumburg. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with Resident's Inn hotel. Is it off of or near Plum Grove rd? Or on Roselle Rd.? They have built up so many hotels here in hte past 5 yrs, I can't keep up with them.
I live near Roselle and Schaumburg Rds. The only hotel I'm familiar with is the Holiday Inn off of Valley Lake Drive by Roselle rd. I used to live near that Holiday Inn. I'm sure everything will work out with the hotel. Schaumburg is a nice area. :teeth: Have fun at the concert! Who's watching the kids?

I can't remember who asked about the Concourse Steakhouse at the Contemporary. We ate there almost 2 yrs. ago for Chrissy's MAW trip one of hte nights. It was more of a quiet atmosphere, but it is next to Chef Mickey's,so you will hear the singing and song that keeps going on at Chef Mickey's. The food was pretty good. I think they have mac and cheese there. I brought that up because that's what mostly Chrissy ate during our WDW trip for dinner!

Hi to everyone else :wave2:

Have a good evening.

Rosemarie

DisneyMommy and other Free Dining travelers...

Did you see this?

Posted 4/20/2006 9:01 PM Updated 4/20/2006 9:35 PM

It's a small world after all at Disney
By Gene Sloan, USA TODAY
It's never too early to bring your kids to Disney World.

Magical Beginnings: Disney’s off-season program is for families with kids who are under school age.

At least, that's the message the nation's most-visited family destination hopes to get out with a major new program aimed at parents with the littlest toddlers and preschoolers.

Magical Beginnings, to be announced today, will run Aug. 13 through Sept. 30, a period when families with older children stop traveling as schools resume after summer breaks and Disney's parks clear out.

Disney hopes to turn the offseason period into a major draw for familes with children under school age by adding more toddler-focused shows, including performances by the Disney Channel's The Wiggles. Disney also will open kiddie-focused Fantasyland in the Magic Kingdom an hour early on select days during the period, allowing youngsters extra times on rides such as Dumbo and Peter Pan.

The program offers unusual discounted packages for tyke-toting families that include free dining (one table-service meal, one snack and one quick-service meal a day). Prices start at $950 a family (two adults, one child age 9 or younger; $173 each additional child) for four nights. Reservations must be made before June 4 (407-939-7735; disneyworld.com/prek).

It's on a thread up at the top of the forum, Theme Park Strategies. I forgot to copy the link!

A little more info on the Magical Beginnings.

Playhouse Disney in Concert with concerts and special entertainment at Disney-MGM Studios from Disney Channel favorites:
o The Wiggles (late Aug.)
o The Doodlebops (Aug. )
o Johnny & the Sprites (dates TBD)
o Dan Zanes and more (dates TBD)
o Also, a new show, “Mickey’s Magic Show”

Looks like there will be additional Fantasyland Extra Magic Hours - Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom will be open an hour early on select days for Disney Resort Guests. (This is in addition to regularly scheduled Extra Magic Hours.) select attractions like “it’s a small world”, Dumbo the Flying Elephant and Peter Pan. Character greetings will be going on as well

New Playhouse Character Dining at Disney-MGM Studios (Opening in June 2006, bookings being taken now) Dine with Playhouse Pals JoJo, Goliath and the Little Einsteins at Hollywood & Vine.

It also appears that they have some special Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party dates scheduled as well that willl coincide with this promotion in September (outside of the other scheduled dates)

Hi Everyone!! :wave:

Did it get chilly or what?? :rolleyes: Cold me no likey!!!! :sad2:

Very busy day for me!! Going all day long!! Tons of calls to make, tons of places to be, plus 2 1/2 hrs spent at the urologist---> :furious: !!!!! I think I'm going to crash soon!! Zzzzzzzz!!

And tomorrow we have a ton of warranty work going on here with our builder. Ugggghh!!! :sad2: Is it Saturday yet?? :faint:

Michelle Guess what??:hyper:
We will be at the Concourse Steakhouse on Oct 3rd!!!! Celebrating our anniversary, belated, but that's fine with me!! We won't be there till 7pm and the kids will be at Neverland Club!!! :yay: :cool1: :banana:
What time will you be there?????

macraven Sorry no ADR match ups for the 2 of us. Bummer!! ;)

SamIAm We haven't been to DL since Lauren was 1 1/2!!! The Princess meal with Ariel sounds right up our alley. Let me know all about it when you get back!!! :hyper: ::yes::
Eating at both Concourse and Le Cellier this trip!!! :woohoo: :yay: :thumbsup2

Windy City Heather :welcome:
Glad you found this thread!!!
If you're a 'neighbor' of Sam's then that means you're a 'neighbor' of mine since I only live down the road from her!!! :wave2: :banana:

Oh yeah, here's my list of what and when and where we're eating!!!

Sept 29- Epcot EMH Le Cellier-Dinner

Sept 30- OFF DAY (yes, 2nd day there and we aren't hitting the parks!!! :teeth: ) We want to explore POR, where we are staying, go to DTD for a little while then go to FW for pony rides, the petting zoo, DH can fish......and we have an ADR for Hoop Dee Doo at 5pm!!!! LOVE :love: HDD!!! Then the Campfire!!!

Oct 1- Ohana Best Friends Breakfast, then to MK EMH

Oct 2- MGM EMH H&V Playhouse Disney Breakfast/Lunch (got a late breakfast seating, so we will be there when they start serving lunch. DH excited about this!! :rotfl2: )
50's Prime Time-Dinner

Oct 3- AK Then kids to Poly Neverland Club, and us to Concourse Steakhouse for 11th Anniv. celebration!!! Actually celebrating last years anniv. too, our 10th, since our basement flooded overnight and we awoke to a HUGE mess!!!

Oct 4- MGM Sci-Fi Dine-In - Dinner

Oct 5- OFF DAY Kids go on POR Sassagoula River Cruise, while dad fishes and mom goes to DTD to shop for Lauren's b-day gifts!!!
Might go to a park that night.

Oct 6- Lauren's B-Day!!!! Up in the air for the morning for now. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at 1:30pm
MK MNSSHP!!!! LTT -Dinner (waiting for the release of later dining times-already have a 4:25pm!!)

Oct 7- GF 1900 Park Fare Breakfast
Then to EPCOT

Oct 8- MK EMH Crystal Palace-Dinner

Oct 9- back home :sad2:

So that's a tiny bit of my OCD with planning for WDW!!! :crazy:

for the sunday bunchkin that you will be at mk, there will be two specto parades and one wishes i believe. saturday also 2 parades.

check the disney calendar in case i made an error on the sunday parades.
it is late and i may not be thinking straight.

Hi all!!

WCH and SAMIAM21--> thanks for that info on magical beginnings!! We're always up for new things!!!

Rosemarie--> the Residence Inn is on McConner PKWY???? they say close to IKEA and off of I-90, i was going to call in the AM to get better directions. i know the area very well, so i just need to know roundabouts where. we will probably spend sunday morning shopping at Woodfield! woohoo!! Oh and my MIL is watching our kids at the hotel (she lives in Elmhurst).

Bunchkin, we are doing Concourse at 630 i believe. looks like we will also be at MGM on the same day too! haha! we're doing dinner at H&V the day you all are doing lunch! hopefully i will run into you and you can tell me what you thought of that lunch! i'm wondering if we should go to it. DD loves Little Einsteins!!

Alright people, i'm off to go to bed..after i DIS just a bit!!

Good night!

i just had to get my 1600th post over here, so this is pretty much a post you can skip over! hahah..i have nothing really to say...

I love WDW!!
Can't wait til the DIS MEET!!

Thanks Kim! you are too sneaky it's creepy..never know if you are on or off! come on leave the lighton for me! haha

good night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter