Chicago area Diser's - check in here Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Mindy said:
I tried looking up 19 tickets for the date we'd picked, and I got an error :badpc: I hope this doesn't mean that there aren't 19 seats together. Its almost 3 months away!!

Let me try and see what happens!!

If all else fails you can just call Ticketmaster to order or call the box office directly.

paintnolish said:
I'll let this one slide. Just as long as you don't tell me you like BK's fries better than McD's!

I wouldn't even DARE! :rotfl:

Bunchkin I emailed group sales just now and asked for quotes for 20 people both with and without suite, preferably balcony. We can get a higher price bracket if that is what you and everyone wants. I'm just trying to be cost effective :teeth: That should at least give us an inkling to what we're looking at.

I really don't care where we sit!! :thumbsup2

Well, I tried Ticketmaster and it made my computer crash!! So I won't be returning there tonight!! :teeth:

Does not matter to me either. I am pretty easy going like that. We can do suite service or go out to eat. Do you think going out might be better, since we could guarrantee sitting together?

if we want a real meal, I'd say go out to eat. I think lunch would work best, and it would be a little less expensive than dinner. There are so many restaurants out there though-its hard to pick just one. Any suggestions?

Princess Mindy said:
if we want a real meal, I'd say go out to eat. I think lunch would work best, and it would be a little less expensive than dinner. There are so many restaurants out there though-its hard to pick just one. Any suggestions?
I'm all for talking about food! Throw out some names!

lets see...we have 312, Encore, Atwood, Restaurant We, South Water Kitchen, Italian Village, Flat Top, Giordanos, Park Grill at Millenium Park, Rosebud, Bennigans, Elephant and Castle, Millers Pub, and I'm sure a lot more. Anything strike your fancy?

The area where the Suite Service is at is small. So we would all be by each other no problems.

To be all with each other at a restaurant in the city is another thing.
Some of the places there in the area are too small to accomodate. So calls would need to made in advance to see if a place has room or not for large seating.

But 1st you need to find out who all is going!! :thumbsup2

Bunchkin said:
The area where the Suite Service is at is small. So we would all be by each other no problems.

To be all with each other at a restaurant in the city is another thing.
Some of the places there in the area are too small to accomodate. So calls would need to made in advance to see if a place has room or not for large seating.

But 1st you need to find out who all is going!! :thumbsup2

It may be a little tricky, but if we call ahead early enough we should be ok. ITA that we first have to hammer out our numbers!

MILLER'S PUB!!!!!

Great food there!! And occasionally a famous or not so famous person will appear there. Of course that place is smallish, mostly booths or tables near the bar. Nothing that could be put together. But everyone would be near each other at least!

Yummy ribs there. The thing is its closer to the Symphony on Adams than to Randolph where the theatre is. Would you be ok walking a couple blocks? Or we could get you a cab to the theatre. If not then we will find something closer.

Italian Village! Yum! According to my city dwelling friend, it is not a "cool" place to like (too touristy, filled with suburbanites), but I don't care. I've been to Giordanos, Flat Top (also good, but not everyone likes that sort of thing), and of course I've been to Bennigans!

I must say I too like Italian Village. I just love the atmosphere and those pics of famous stars from the Lyric Opera and beyond! Just too cool!!

I saw a quasi-famous person at Italian Village once. This was about 10 yrs ago. It was Richard Jenny. He's a comedian. Aslo, some girlfriends and I had a very strange conversation with our waiter there once. He was asking us if we were in town for an iceskating convention bc we were so pretty. He asked one friend if she had a boyfriend. She told him she had a girlfriend and jokingly put her arm around me. He then not so subtly asked her if she would mind joing him and his girlfriend some time. Very, Very weird. The food was good, though!

paintnolish said:
I saw a quasi-famous person at Italian Village once. This was about 10 yrs ago. It was Richard Jenny. He's a comedian. Aslo, some girlfriends and I had a very strange conversation with our waiter there once. He was asking us if we were in town for an iceskating convention bc we were so pretty. He asked one friend if she had a boyfriend. She told him she had a girlfriend and jokingly put her arm around me. He then not so subtly asked her if she would mind joing him and his girlfriend some time. Very, Very weird. The food was good, though!

WHOA! :earseek: Thats a little freaky. I don't know what I would say to something like that. Creepy.

Well anyway, I'd better be getting to bed. Its 11;30 and I have a big busy day tomorrow!!
Good night Chicago! :wave2:

Yeah. You'd expect something like that in a bar, but from a waiter at a pretty nice rest.? We were kind of speechless, and believe that does not happen often!!!
I am going to watch some Conan O'Brian and go to sleep, too!
Good night everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter