Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

The Murphy non-tag on Arcia proved to be a balk after all. The ump called it but the announcers missed it at the time. Would’ve advanced anyway.
payback for the Braves balk. Stinks for Cole's ERA tho.

Personally, I think the balk rule is (always has been) inappropriately skewed for lefties. If a right handed pitcher must remove their foot from the rubber, then so should a leftie. If the front foot comes up, it should be a delivery to the plate regardless of left or right.

I thought the balk for a leftie was the first base umpire's call...if the leg starts towards home vs. comes to first. Seems it would be harder for home plate umpire to see this. Again, if not for the disparity in the rule, it would be a non-issue.

Just my take on it even though I'm sure many will disagree. S'ok...you can be wrong. ;)

Way to go!!!!!!
Congratulations to @JLester34 and @ColeHamels, the #Cubs and #Rangers nominees for the 2018 Roberto Clemente Award for their contributions on and off the field! #EverybodyIn

also, here's an article stating the obvious dislike I mean, the Umps crap calls all season have spoken louder than any article can. Been terrible across the league and need to start doing their jobs and at the very least, respecting the players more. I'll take a Manger who has his guys backs all day/every day over one who is too timid to stand up for them.
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/cubs/heyman-mlb-umpires-not-big-fans-joe-maddons-combative-style

It’s getting real.

Next week or so will be critical. A division race through the end of Sept without rest will be rough and the Brewers have an easier schedule. I really think we need to win at least 2 of our final 4 with them and they have to cool off.

It’s getting real.

Next week or so will be critical. A division race through the end of Sept without rest will be rough and the Brewers have an easier schedule. I really think we need to win at least 2 of our final 4 with them and they have to cool off.
Cubs plan of attack, give the Brewers a false sense of security, lol...if only.
Agreed, but the Brewers(who have some vocal fans saying the Cubs have the easiest schedule) still have to play STL same as we have to~ and we just need to win regardless to keep the loss column above theirs. Such bogus mistakes the last 2 games. Javy needs a break even tho he says he's fine. Playing every position out there has to be taking it's toll. Man, I miss JHey. CJ I'm at a loss for. His numbers are complete oppo of the first half. Cishek, well I'm just grateful the guys arm is still attached. Kintzler is this years Wilson, Monty was never in the game yesterday. Willy..I mean, you can literally see the stress oozing out of him. Catcher's, for sure, have the toughest job and he's is trying to give it his all but is pressing badly and the framing is not doing the team any favors with the Umps (who have a vendetta anyway) Caratini? For a guy who spouted off saying he has nothing left to prove in AAA maybe needs to back his comments. It's long stretches like these that attack mentally as well, whoever has replaced Dr. Ken (hopefully SOMEONE has) really needs to interject to the guys who are looking lost. Murphy had a gang buster arrival , and then nada. If you ask me, the thing that fired up the Brewers the most was getting past Murphy and Hamel's. Hamel's did his job tho..defense let him down. thrilled he got NL pitcher of the month. I'm still enjoying Rizzo's bomb off of Hader~wow was it loud through the TV and it was a beauty of an AB.
Hoping Q has a great night and our guys are back to normal tonight!

I was totally out of pocket last night. What happened???? Did our pitching suck? Did they just go on a hitting spree? What happened. We should be beating these bums!

I was totally out of pocket last night. What happened???? Did our pitching suck? Did they just go on a hitting spree? What happened. We should be beating these bums!
Monty didn't have it, Kintzler still doezn't have it & the few pitches they did were squeezed by the Ump. One of those nights where my alerts of "call hurts everybody in" were going off every batter. Defense sloppy as heck and offense invisible. The high score was from the Cubs B team guys entering in the 7th/8th and runs scoring like popcorn. One entertaining ab was Maples vs Cain. Maples was all over the place but Cain was a wreck in the batters box. Did NOT want to be there lol. He lucked out and drew the walk but I got a chuckle out of it

Last edited:
Not easy. These games need to be broadcast on a station that requires a cardiac clearance to be allowed to watch.
THAT was a decent game, lol. Strasburg tomorrow gang. Get to do it against the Brewers again on Monday:crazy:That Schwarbomb tho..:worship:

Never been to a Nats game...............
Never seen the Cubs play either ..................

got first base seats for this Friday -:woohoo:

gonna b fun watching -popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:wave2:
Hope you get to fly your first W! Go Cubs!!!!!

Update on Schwarb's

Sahadev Sharma‏Verified account @sahadevsharma
Maddon said Schwarber's back started acting up after his slide into third. He let Maddon know before his final at-bat and then homered. Maddon said it was his best swing of the season. He's day to day.

please JHey..be close to returning

with the not so surprising news of Morrow's return chances..we need bats. Lot's and lot's of bats.

We've been watching the Supreme Court confirmation for three days now. It didn't get over until almost 10 pm last night. We turned on the game to see Schwarber's ball go over the wall. It was nice to see them finally beat the Brewers. Stropy got me nervous, but not as nervous as the rest of the bullpen.

Don't know if you all get the Pre-diabetes commercial that we get on DirecTV Extra Innings, but we're spending a lot on time on the couch these three days.

Losing Burt Reynold's today was crushing news~ I could really use a nice stress free W to help the hurt a little.

well it wasn't stress free, but it's a
giphy.gif

Bote is the Nat's Nightmare, lol

Anyone who thinks Harper's arm is better than JHey should apply to be an Ump..would pass the apparent vision test

Last edited:
What a day for El Mago! His 500th game, 30th HR/100 RBI, a triple...MVP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!JavY is the first player in Cubs history with 30 HR, 5 triples, 20 SB & 100 RBI’s in a season!!!!!!!
Lester was terrific!
Cards lost and lets see what they do with actually facing a good pitcher in Scherzer tomorrow. They have dodged every ACE in just about every series. Meanwhile, in the last WEEK, the Cubs have won games started by Noah Syndergaard, Jacob deGrom, Mike Foltynewicz & Aaron Nola. After the Brewers~ we get to face Strasburg & Scherzer B2B.
Brewers took 2nd place now, see ya tomorrow Brew Crew! Everyone keeps asking why they didn't get pitching, I kept saying because they will get Davies back and don't be shocked to see Nelson. Brewers were very , very quiet about both of them all season.
In the meantime~
images

Add Strasburg to that list :thumbsup2

Rain, rain, rain. Is this Florence or left over Gordon?

We have White Sox v Angels game on until the rain stops.

Notice how high the Diva's batting helmet sits on his head? Either too much hair or too much ego. He needs a larger batting helmet. No wonder it flies off his head from time to time.

Rain, rain, rain. Is this Florence or left over Gordon?

We have White Sox v Angels game on until the rain stops.

Notice how high the Diva's batting helmet sits on his head? Either too much hair or too much ego. He needs a larger batting helmet. No wonder it flies off his head from time to time.
Garcia vs Scherzer game 1/ Hamels game 2~IF those games get played. I'm concerned over injury risk. Gonna be interesting to see if Jon comes in at all over the weekend or just stay on usual routine for Brewer series. Cubs will be ok, they are getting pretty used to them vs. the world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter