Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

OK...not Cubs related..I am not a Bears fan but my DH is so I hear the game in the background.These announcers are really lusting after Roger's. :rolleyes1 Anyone who think's that guy was injured and not overpowered in the first half and ran to hide in the locker room, I've got some swamp land in FL.
First of all, it's RoDgers. Second of all, he seemed to do okay when he came out of the locker room :crutches::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::cheer2: .

What. A. Game.

First of all, it's RoDgers. Second of all, he seemed to do okay when he came out of the locker room :crutches::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::cheer2: .

What. A. Game.
Ok..I admit I don't pay enough attn to the team to know their names correctly. My take still stands that Ro*d*gers wasn't injured...just embarrassed heading off on the cart. As one who is not remotely interested In the Bears or GB it was a very interesting game to hear/semi-watch. I'm not sure if the Bears lost it or Green Bay won it, TBH. I'm happy the Fin's won...after A WEATHER DELAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rough weekend to be both a Cub and Dolphin's fan.:headache:

Last edited:

Meant to post this yesterday and all the MLB circus and then football distracted me~
Anyone going to tonight's game, Stefon met his challenge and will be performing the National Anthem! The Cub's gave Stefon 100 tickets for his family/friend's too~ after this garbage of a weekend this is greatly needed, to me anyway!
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...efan-xidas-anthem-wrigley-20180905-story.html

Also, Wednesday is GO GOLD for childhood cancer....if you are going, and support this, please wear or bring something gold to wave. Lucky for Brewer fan's they have that so should be VERY easy for them to help support the night's event.

Laurie Rizzo posted on her Instagram, ""Some people never get to meet their Hero, I gave birth to mine"

She's right. :love:

https://www.instagram.com/laurierizzo/

Last edited:
Ok..I admit I don't pay enough attn to the team to know their names correctly. My take still stands that Ro*d*gers wasn't injured...just embarrassed heading off on the cart. As one who is not remotely interested In the Bears or GB it was a very interesting game to hear/semi-watch. I'm not sure if the Bears lost it or Green Bay won it, TBH. I'm happy the Fin's won...after A WEATHER DELAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rough weekend to be both a Cub and Dolphin's fan.:headache:
You obviously didn't watch the 2nd half. It was crystal clear that Rodgers's left knee was painful. He kept as much weight off it as possible and was not able to pivot on it as he did before he was injured. Rodgers himself said he was "more of a statue" in the pocket:

"Obviously being more of a statue back there, had to deal the ball on time and make sure we had guys getting open. I thought the protection was really good and guys made plays. Ty [Montgomery] made plays, Davante made plays, Geronimo made plays, Randall made plays and the line blocked well."

He says that he's on for the game against the Vikings next week. I am keeping my fingers crossed that he'll be OK. The Packers really struggled last year without him.

I respect your baseball acumen, but I will stand up for my football team and our amazing quarterback when you just say something untrue. And yeah, saying that Rodgers was so much of a baby loser that he had to go to hide in the locker room is completely false.

Now ... let's go back to our mutual Cubbies!

Love U.jpg

You obviously didn't watch the 2nd half. It was crystal clear that Rodgers's left knee was painful. He kept as much weight off it as possible and was not able to pivot on it as he did before he was injured. Rodgers himself said he was "more of a statue" in the pocket:

He says that he's on for the game against the Vikings next week. I am keeping my fingers crossed that he'll be OK. The Packers really struggled last year without him.

I respect your baseball acumen, but I will stand up for my football team and our amazing quarterback when you just say something untrue. And yeah, saying that Rodgers was so much of a baby loser that he had to go to hide in the locker room is completely false.

Now ... let's go back to our mutual Cubbies!

View attachment 349868
Just calling it like I heard/saw it. No I didn't visually watch most of the whole game, caught bits and pieces but I did happen to see him go down, & a guy fall on him after and he looked shell shocked during his carting off.Like I said , I don't follow either team so if that's his standard MO on an injury, I now know something more than I did yesterday. If he came back out an hour later makes me think the shell shocked look wasn't from the injury. Not trying to say something untrue..saying what it looked like to me. As far as the second half, listening to it, it sounded like GB made adjustments in the 2nd half and the Bears did not. I only "saw" 2 second half play's and neither were key. Yep, back to the Cubs and them fighting strong through a sh!%-show of MLB decisions. My mistake in bringing football up on this thread, won't happen again.

ETA: FWIW, I would have had the same reaction about any Dolphin QB, and have. I mean, we had Cutler last year..'nuff said.

Last edited:

Ummmmmmmmm...stay safe Carolina's :scared: and everyone else about to be affected by Florence

DmwdxqJXsAACKvK.jpg:large

as if these guys aren't already dead tired, they keep on giving....Willy and his wife were volunteering today at LPCS (Lincoln Park Comm Services) ahead of tonight's game. :worship::worship::worship:

willsoncontreras40Special day Proud to join @Xfinity today to prepare & serve lunch @LPCSChicago. We can make change happen if we step up to the plate. Join us and donate today to help @LPCSChicago change the lives of Chicagoans facing homelessness at lpcsonline.org/xfinity. #EverybodyHome

I didn’t mind GB winning like that. It was a chance to see something historic, and the Bears needed to have done just a little more than they did. We got 10 points at least bc of the Rodgers injury.

Bears had their chances; if our cornerback Fuller had not dropped the interception this would be a different conversation.

Can’t believe Milwaukee is going to cut this lead to 1.

(Jinx deployed)

Edit: almost

Last edited:
Murphy's foot for player of the game! How fun is Terrence Gore? I mean, I would NOT want to be the camera man assigned to him, lol. Lester tried to hang in there and avoid CJ getting the call...hope it didn't cost his back now. I wonder if it was bothering him from the start? CJ not covering home ,(tho he would have been pummeled by Moustakas) just really, really hard to watch. Opposing teams know within 1 pitch if they get to feast off of him or not. There aren't a lot of options in the 'pen tho...and a lot used tonight. Hader was filthy. Amazing what rest can do. STL pulls off a win on top of it. The guys are gassed, Willy tried to get them fired up with his double, but I just wasn't seeing it, and I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND. Hoping JHey is back a.s.a.p. and the team gets to enjoy some baseball .
If things continue in this direction, gonna have to channel my excitement from 2015 when we got the W/C.
On a happier note, Stefon was fantastic! Great rendition of the anthem! https://twitter.com/NBCSChicago/status/1039349482964496384

Last edited:
I hate it when I see CJ coming out of the pen and I immediately think "Oh, no, CJ". That used to be my go to phrase when I saw Duensing come out. CJ just looks plain scared on the mound most of the time. He needs to get his confidence back.

I'm pretty sure building confidence was high on the list when sending him out. Needed 1 out and he could have strutted off, done for the night, confident for his next outing. Dirty innings are never easy. But last year Dunsing excelled at them. The ebb/flow of baseball is mind boggling. 2 up in the loss column, LETS GO!

I don't think I have ever seen a player block the base with their foot. Is that even legal? Figures it would be sMurph who did it. WTH was wrong with CJ not covering the plate? That's pitching 101. The wild pitch was bad enough, but standing there and gawking was even worse.

In better news, I am going to the next two games. I hope I'm good luck!

I don't think I have ever seen a player block the base with their foot. Is that even legal? Figures it would be sMurph who did it. WTH was wrong with CJ not covering the plate? That's pitching 101. The wild pitch was bad enough, but standing there and gawking was even worse.

In better news, I am going to the next two games. I hope I'm good luck!
Murphy was legal. There was room..just lucked out that the slide back was toward the back of the bag. As bad as the CJ situation was...watching AAJ at bat was not pretty or particularly encouraging. Joe had to be livid over the bottom of the order.Have fun at the games ,, , weather looks awesome & as always- GET THE W(s)!!!!

Speaking of AAJ..his wife is due 10/27-ish...soooo if he makes the roster, he may be replaced if on paternity leave

If the MLB doesn't budge~As of right now, yesterday's Nats pp game has pushed Scherzer back to Friday and Ross will go for the Nat's. Cubs trying to get Fridays day game pushed back to night, but are fighting the city ordinance once again:rolleyes:

On the radio they were postulating that part of the Scherzer decision was so that he would (corrected) get a game in for sure bc of the risk of a scratch if it rains, like last Friday’s game.

If Atlanta stays dry, another possibility is to play there as a neutral venue. (Braves go to Arizona, and Nationals could stay there). But if they play at a dry neutral venue, there or elsewhere, it’s possible Scherzer would be rescheduled back to Thursday. Small chance. But still.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter