• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

China 2010

2GirlsMama

Happy Wife and Mom
Hi Everyone,
It seems like there are lots of people going to China this year. I thought I would start this thread in hopes that everyone travelling to China will post. Maybe we will be able to share ideas and experiences in one thread.

We are going on the July 4th tour! This will be our fourth trip to China. We are very excited and eager to "talk" about our adventure!

We are booked July 18, 2010, this is our first ABD trip and we are learning a lot from this board, thanks everyone for your tips and sharing your experiences.

We're going on the June 13th China trip. We can't wait either!

This is our second ABD trip -- we did Rome and the Costa Bella two years ago.

We are booked for the August 15th Enchanted China trip. Thank you to all that have posted about their adventures on this trip, it sounds truely amazing and we can't wait to go!!

Just an observation, all of us one this site going to China this summer are going on different dates. But it is nice we can all share tips on trip planning!!:thumbsup2

It is funny that you posted your observation because my husband and I were also talking about that! I guess ABD will be busy in China this summer.

Sitting here in cold and snowy Ohio makes me dream of summer and vacation! I know from being in China last summer that it will definitely be hot there!

Not to ruin a trend, but we are on the July 4 trip too! Our daughter will only be 5 - hope she is up to it.

That brings up an interesting question, is everyone taking kids with them and what are their ages. We are taking my daughter, who will turn 14 on the trip and my son who just turned 10 we have traveled many times but never a flight longer than 6 hours.

We are taking our daughters. They will be 10 and 8. (They both have end of the summer birthdays.) The 12 hour flight isn't a great treat, but the adventure at the end will be worth it! Last time I got them each a new DS game and they also watched the movies on the plane. They were able to sleep on the plane. I am going to try to bring more snacks for in the room and on the plane. The airplane food was declared to be "yucky" by both my girls.

Getting over jetlag in China wasn't difficult because we were so excited. However the jetlag once we got home kicked our hineys.

I am glad to have this group to discuss our trip! :cool1:

We chose China because our DD is studying Mandarin and a visit to China helps reinforce her language skills, plus it is somewhere Mommy & Daddy have never visited! :wizard:

I have been wanting to do an ABD for the last 3 - 4 years, but my husband didn't want to as we are DVC owners and he wanted to get the full value of Disneyworld while our kids were younger.

So we decided finally this was the year and really thought we would do London/Paris (our kids are in french immersion) so we ordered the video and watched it as a family and everyone seemed more interested in China (also almost double the vacation time but not double the price).

This trip seems to have something for everyone and I am sure it will not disappoint.

This will be our fourth trip to China. It is such a fascinating and beautiful place. It is really interesting to see how China has changed since our first trip in 2000.

I am so impressed with your focus on teaching your children other languages. My oldest daughter and I tried attending Chinese language school, but we weren't very successful! I think the problem was only going once a week. Immersion is the only way to learn.

Sounds like a lot of fun. Best wishes and safe travels for everyone visiting China. :goodvibes

Wow - this is a popular trip. My husband and I are part of the July 4 trip and are so looking forward to it!!!

Hooray! Thanks for posting! I am looking forward to getting to know you before our adventure begins.

We are really looking forward to July 4!

We've beenl living in China for 3.5 years. I am very interested to hear what you all think of it after your trips. Let me know if I can help in any way.

How interesting to live in Shanghai. Why did you move to China? What do you like most about Shanghai?

We have been to China three times, but haven't been to Shanghai. The closest we got was to Hefei in Anhui. (Not very close, I know...)

Thanks for offering to share what you are experiencing. I am very interested in learning from you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter