*Chocolate and Pixie Dust* - An August 2008 TR- 8/29 pg 6: Sort of an update

I made it!!!! :)

So glad you finally started your PTR Jennifer ;)

I see I'm not going to be the first to comment on how cute your brother is :love: Your nephew is adorable!

I'm glad the surgery is over and you're feeling better. Take it easy and I can't wait to read more :hug:

:welcome: And thanks!!!

sorry to hear about the sugery stumbles, but glad that you're back and you're ok. Thanks for letting us know.

Does the GG restaurant itself actually rotate?

It actually does rotate!

Yay you're back! Glad you are starting to feel better but sorry you had some bumps in the road at first.

Great update. Garden Grill sounds like a neat place. I wish I could talk my picky eaters into trying it.

Love the pics. Your nephew is so cute!

What kind of food does your DS and DH like? I wonder if they saw the menu if they'd try it.

And thanks! We think he's cute too :)

Yes it does. very slowly, its really neat. :teacher:

Jennifer: Your post-op sounded scary. :eek: glad your O.K and enjoying the drugs. :rotfl2:

Those pictures are so cute!!:cutie:

Post-op was a nightmare, but I'm happy it's over

Thanks! I have lots more pics to share.

glad your feeling better now.

I cannot wait for GG

You're going to love GG. It's one of my favs.

I am so sorry to hear about the problems after your surgery!! I am happy that you are doing much better now though!! I have now added a new place to my list of future ADR's!! LOL GG looks great & I have only heard positive things about it!!

I hope you get to try GG. It is great and we never feel rushed. It's definitely not as chaotic as Chef Mickey's.

We're doing the deluxe dining plan again. We tried it for the first time in January and loved it. Since we hate waiting in CS lines and trying to find a seat, it made the most sense. Plus, we aren't really worried about the amount of time it takes to eat. My nephew takes his time anyway :lmao: If this were my first visit, I would NEVER attempt to eat at this many table service places. It would waste prime touring time.

So here are our ADRs:

August 9th
Morning flight from NY
Lunch: CS or Room Service - - We're not sure exactly when we'll arrive at the CR, so we didn't want to make an ADR.
Dinner: Chef Mickey's

August 10th
Breakfast: Chef Mickey's
Lunch: Teppan Edo
Dinner: Brown Derby Fantasmic Dinner Package

August 11th
Breakfast: Kona
Lunch: Garden Grill
Dinner: Liberty Tree Tavern

August 12th
Breakfast: Cinderella's Royal Table
Lunch: Plaza Restaurant
Dinner: San Angel Inn

August 13th
Breakfast: Tusker House
Lunch: Yak & Yeti
Dinner: 1900 Park Fare

August 14th
Breakfast: Crystal Palace
Lunch: Whispering Canyon Cafe
Dinner: California Grill

August 15th
Breakfast: 1900 Park Fare
Lunch: 50's Prime Time
Dinner: Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show

August 16th:
Breakfast: Kona
Lunch: Plaza Restaurant
Flight back to NY

I haven't changed any of our ADRs since I made them at the 180+10 mark last month. I'm not sure about doing Chef Mickey's twice, which would just be out of convenience since we'll be at the CR. I'm also not sure about San Angel or Teppan Edo. And I'm thinking of switching one breakfast at Kona to Ohana.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Advice?

The new TS restaurant at CR "The Wave" should be open by the time of your trip.

Wow! You are one dedicated Dis'er to be posting back on your PTR so soon after your surgery! :thumbsup2
I'm so sorry you felt so terrible afterwards.

As for your plans, I've always wanted to eat at Garden Grill. I got a veto from DH though since he won't do character meals. I love Living with the Land! In fact, we're doing that Behind the Seeds tour in July. That's probably as close as I'll get to the Garden Grill. :rolleyes:

The new TS restaurant at CR "The Wave" should be open by the time of your trip.

Thanks for the info! That could be a nice alternative to Chef Mickey's.

We had dinner at Chef Mickey's in January. It was ok, not spectacular. I wonder if it's better for breakfast.

Wow! You are one dedicated Dis'er to be posting back on your PTR so soon after your surgery! :thumbsup2
I'm so sorry you felt so terrible afterwards.

As for your plans, I've always wanted to eat at Garden Grill. I got a veto from DH though since he won't do character meals. I love Living with the Land! In fact, we're doing that Behind the Seeds tour in July. That's probably as close as I'll get to the Garden Grill. :rolleyes:

I'm feeling much better thanks to percoset, so I can post. Percoset is wonderful :)

I'm so sorry that you can't try Garden Grill. Is there a way you can convince your DH to do one character meal?

Behind the Seeds sounds interesting. I'd love to do a tour, but my nephew's way too young. Maybe I can escape one afternoon and take a tour solo. I can't wait to hear all about your experience with Behind the Seeds.

I have never been to the Kona breakfast before, but the Ohana breakfast was great. The characters are really cute (Lilo, Stitch, Pluto and Mickey in Hawaiin shirt) and they have very tasty juice.

Im late but Im here!!:goodvibes I just now seen your link in your siggy!
Im glad your surgey went well and smooth~ Percocet does help with the recovery;)
Your ADRs look great! I am thinking of possbaly switching from the DP to DxDP-- Theres just so many places I wanna eat!:)
You will be departing on My 30th Birthday!:thumbsup2
Oh and your brother and Nephew are VERY handsome!!;) ;) (I am marries aswell but know a handsome man when I see one... LOL)

Cant wait to read more:thumbsup2

adr's = :thumbsup2

I see Kona for breakfast twice, how about one night for dinner. Maybe the first night. Just a thought then you could have a Lapu Lapu :banana: :jumping1: :yay:
can u tell I like that drink. :rotfl2:
the food is delicious too.

I have never been to the Kona breakfast before, but the Ohana breakfast was great. The characters are really cute (Lilo, Stitch, Pluto and Mickey in Hawaiin shirt) and they have very tasty juice.

I'm thinking Ohana would be a great option. My nephew loves Mickey and I think he'll really love Stitch!

Yummy ADRs!!!

I would vote for the O'Hana breakfast -- we enjoyed it last summer, and Pluto was there in his Hawaiian lei! :thumbsup2

I think I'm going to call tomorrow morning to make the change!

Im late but Im here!!:goodvibes I just now seen your link in your siggy!
Im glad your surgey went well and smooth~ Percocet does help with the recovery;)
Your ADRs look great! I am thinking of possbaly switching from the DP to DxDP-- Theres just so many places I wanna eat!:)
You will be departing on My 30th Birthday!:thumbsup2
Oh and your brother and Nephew are VERY handsome!!;) ;) (I am marries aswell but know a handsome man when I see one... LOL)

Cant wait to read more:thumbsup2

:welcome:

Thanks! I'm recovering.
The DxDP is great! I liked having all three meals covered.
If you're birthday is August 9th, that means you're a leo. So am I. I'll turn 31on July 24th.
My brother and nephew thank you!

adr's = :thumbsup2

I see Kona for breakfast twice, how about one night for dinner. Maybe the first night. Just a thought then you could have a Lapu Lapu :banana: :jumping1: :yay:
can u tell I like that drink. :rotfl2:
the food is delicious too.

Dinner at Kona may be added. I see lots of ADR changes in the very near future. Plus, I HAVE to try a Lapu Lapu.
Did you get a pineapple corer yet?

I am a Leo, but My b-day is Aug 16th (I meant departing from disney). I will be the BIG 30!!!!!!:scared1: I keep tellin my husband he better have some kind oof HUGE suprise up his sleeve for this one!!:rotfl:

During our visit in June 2007, we dined at Cinderella's Royal Table for the first time. At first, I thought my nephew may not be interested in having lunch with a bunch of princesses and wouldn't have a good time. Boy was I wrong!

He enjoyed meeting the princesses, mostly because he had seen Cinderella before the trip. But getting to go inside the castle was the real highlight. He was fascinated with the castle and wanted to see what was inside. T loved the sword he was given and had a great time at lunch.

We had lunch again at CRT in January and we're trying breakfast in August :banana:

Here are some photos from June 2007:

JensPhotos045.jpg

JensPhotos050.jpg

JensPhotos054.jpg

JensPhotos052.jpg

Dinner at Kona may be added. I see lots of ADR changes in the very near future. Plus, I HAVE to try a Lapu Lapu.
Did you get a pineapple corer yet?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

definitely think about Kona for dinner.

No I have not. To busy thinking about the possible move. I have shopping on my mind. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter