Choosing Where to Eat in HHI

Wow I m shocked....just checked their web site and they did move!!! Wow they were at their old location for over 30 years!!!

Well maybe something else moved in or more room for black marlin...enjoy!!! We went to Alexander's years ago and it was very good....didn't go back ....not sure why. Lol

I thought about Alexander's. It's a good thing I plan on many more trips to HHI. Too many places where I want to eat. Keep them coming!

I have to say the best meal we had there last year was from Roasted Fish and Cornbread restaurant. The chef is Gullah and the food is delish!

When did you eat there last? As I stated in my OP, Tripadvisor reviews are showing it's really gone downhill. I had been wanting to eat there until I read them. Hoping to get some recent reviews from some fellow Disers.

Linda, thank you so much for taking the time to find out this information. I don't know when you're planning on going back, but maybe we'll run into each other one day. Enjoy Dye's whenever you make it back there.

We usually go down in September. This year, Sept 22-27.

I don't think Captain Woody's is next door anymore (but I'm not sure-someone please verify or correct me). I thought I'd read that they'd recently moved to near Sea Pines Circle.

Captain Woody's is now located on Target Road right across from the Publix on Palmetto Bay Road (that is the road for the Cross Island Bridge). Target road runs between Palmetto Bay and Arrow Road. There is a traffic light at the intersection with Palmetto Bay.

Other dining options we enjoy are Red Fish (very near Captain Woody's - right on Palmetto Bay Road), Catch 22, One Hot Mama's, Skull Creek Boathouse, Bistro 17 and ELAS - both at Shelter Cove right across from the DVC Resort. We also enjoy Bonefish - in the Fresh Market area. Try that on Wednesday night for their $5 Bang Bang Shrimp special. We get a bowl of the Corn Chowder with lump crab and then have the shrimp appetizer as our entree.

We usually go down in September. This year, Sept 22-27.

Well, we might run into each other when my DH and I retire. We are both teachers, so we usually go during our summer breaks. Of course, we also get a fall break, but we tried HHI over fall break in 2011 and an unusual cold front came through. Highs were in the low 70s. :mad: So we'll probably stick with going in the summer for a while. Plus my DSs are getting very close to going to college, so summers will be the only time we'll be able to travel together for a while. Maybe we'll try September one day.

Captain Woody's is now located on Target Road right across from the Publix on Palmetto Bay Road (that is the road for the Cross Island Bridge). Target road runs between Palmetto Bay and Arrow Road. There is a traffic light at the intersection with Palmetto Bay.

Other dining options we enjoy are Red Fish (very near Captain Woody's - right on Palmetto Bay Road), Catch 22, One Hot Mama's, Skull Creek Boathouse, Bistro 17 and ELAS - both at Shelter Cove right across from the DVC Resort. We also enjoy Bonefish - in the Fresh Market area. Try that on Wednesday night for their $5 Bang Bang Shrimp special. We get a bowl of the Corn Chowder with lump crab and then have the shrimp appetizer as our entree.

Red Fish and Catch 22 look amazing, but very expensive. My DH and I will have to try them when we are without DSs one day. We got One Hot Mama's take-out last trip, and we thought it was ok. We even tried the chocolate ribs. Ewww, not a fan. We'll probably steer clear of BBQ on trips to the island, more interested in seafood and lowcountry. We're definitely eating at Skull Creek. Love it! Bistro 17 doesn't have much of a variety on their menu. Kind of surprising. ELAS looks interesting, and it would be nice to walk there. I'll put it on my list of places to try next time. Since Bonefish is a large chain, we'll probably skip it. We can get that in our home state. We like to try different things when we travel. Thanks for all the great info!

We get Wild wings every trip as take out....load up on the wings and have as left overs. Best wings ever!! Other than that we have seafood out every night... Scott's, crazy crab, black marlin a couple of nights and usually try a new restaurant one night.

So many places....if you go into Savannah we always go to Paula Deens ...

Red Fish and Catch 22 look amazing, but very expensive. My DH and I will have to try them when we are without DSs one day. We got One Hot Mama's take-out last trip, and we thought it was ok. We even tried the chocolate ribs. Ewww, not a fan. We'll probably steer clear of BBQ on trips to the island, more interested in seafood and lowcountry. We're definitely eating at Skull Creek. Love it! Bistro 17 doesn't have much of a variety on their menu. Kind of surprising. ELAS looks interesting, and it would be nice to walk there. I'll put it on my list of places to try next time. Since Bonefish is a large chain, we'll probably skip it. We can get that in our home state. We like to try different things when we travel. Thanks for all the great info!

Red Fish and Catch 22 have an early bird special. It has been in the $15 range including salad, entree and glass of wine or dessert. There are a number of restaurants that offer an early menu - worth checking out in the restaurant guide provided at the resort as long as you don't mind dining before 6pm or so.

Red Fish and Catch 22 have an early bird special. It has been in the $15 range including salad, entree and glass of wine or dessert. There are a number of restaurants that offer an early menu - worth checking out in the restaurant guide provided at the resort as long as you don't mind dining before 6pm or so.

No, I don't mind eating early, but unfortunately, I like the much higher priced entrees that are usually not included in early bird specials! :lmao: My DSs take after me, too! :sad2: Wish there was filet mignon on the early bird specials!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter