Christmas comes but once a year....thankfully.

I love Christmas and all that it is! We have one week one day til we fly to LAX/SEA then onwards to Victoria and Vancouver for a Canadian Christmas.

We're calling it a white Christmas even though we'll be in Van as we're going to go to the snow on Christmas day ;)

So I should be packing seeing as it's the weekend, but I'm tired from the Foo Fighters last night and vegging in bed instead!

Have all of the presents for family bought and all the major kids presents bought or organised. Kids will buy each other small presents in the US. I <3 US Target.

Ame - A white Christmas sounds lovely. I also <3 US Target. I'm a bit jealous about the Foo Fighters, I bet they were amazing!

Karen - I hope you found the MLP. Don't you love hunting down kids gift requests!

Battymum - Great news they decided to reduce that phone bill!

I also give the kids things like undies, toothbrushes and essential knick knacks as stocking stuffers. They just like unwrapping more things.

My sister is watching Foo Fighters tonight. I'm a bit jealous. Did you get to see Tenacious D? I'm also a bit jealous about that... :laughing:

I love Polar Express. I know it was on TV tonight, but I didn't watch it, I have it on DVD so I watched it while I put my tree up back on the 1st :lovestruc

I love Christmas movies... Next I think I'll watch the Griswold Family Christmas... Then maybe the Father Ted Christmas episode... Funny, funny, funny stuff...

So what does everyone else watch as part of their Christmas?

My sister is watching Foo Fighters tonight. I'm a bit jealous. Did you get to see Tenacious D? I'm also a bit jealous about that... :laughing:

I love Polar Express. I know it was on TV tonight, but I didn't watch it, I have it on DVD so I watched it while I put my tree up back on the 1st :lovestruc

I love Christmas movies... Next I think I'll watch the Griswold Family Christmas... Then maybe the Father Ted Christmas episode... Funny, funny, funny stuff...

So what does everyone else watch as part of their Christmas?

Home Alone 2 (lost in New York) is a Christmas staple in our house - it combines two of my favourite things, Christmas and New York! :thumbsup2

hey

so on holidays now..so should be able to get to the shops for those my little pony's..but just cant seem to get enthused

maybe tomorrow on my way to the gym :rotfl:

Home Alone 2 (lost in New York) is a Christmas staple in our house - it combines two of my favourite things, Christmas and New York! :thumbsup2

Ooooh! I'd forgotten about the home alone movies... I haven't watched them since I was young enough to enjoy them the first time around! :rotfl:

We just home from our Disney holiday and I was too busy organizing that to even think about Christmas, so now I'm home, with the kids off school and not much chance to go out and buy their presents. ugh, they also got everything they could possibly need or want while we were away so there is nothing left to five them.

Poor kids have it tough lol

We just home from our Disney holiday and I was too busy organizing that to even think about Christmas, so now I'm home, with the kids off school and not much chance to go out and buy their presents. ugh, they also got everything they could possibly need or want while we were away so there is nothing left to five them.

Poor kids have it tough lol

I was just thinking about you and thinking you should be home soon hope you had a great trip:) and Welcome home

ok,
I have a confession to make..

my 9 foot christmas tree has been standing, fully adorned for the last 15 months......:santa:

oops:rotfl:

jiovbl.jpg

but it does look good, and i did dust it last month:thumbsup2

just couldnt think of what to put in its spot after I took it down...so left it there. Surprisingly, no one notices it now when they come to visit...

omg, karen, that's awesome.

i love having a christmas tree up. it's so festive and pretty with the pretty decorations etc. each year, i hate packing it up and come the first of december, i'm hauling it out and buying pretty decorations for each year's 'theme' -- seems like you've managed to avoid the whole pack/unpack fiasco :)

this year we took our holiday, came back and were like... ugh. what's the point? too much hassle, etc. so we have presents still in their shopping bags all piled up on a big armchair in the corner, with tape & ribbon & paper piled up, all ready to be wrapped when i get a chance. i managed to do all my christmas shopping last sunday in a 4 hour marathon sprint through chermside westfield shops. so glad that's over and all i have left on the xmas list ... buy groceries, prepare the foods that we're taking to mum & dads and pack for our 2 night stay there.

as much as i love the whole christmas-with-family thing, it doesn't allow for much couple time and i kinda wish we had the opportunity to spend some time being with each other & re-connecting after a hectic year.

i'm thinking i might have to also dig out the home alone movies and snuggle on the couch while eating dinner & watching movies from our childhood.

also... xmas confession -- as lame as they all are, i love xmas movies, including the ones with clark griswold. but i only watch them at christmas :)

Hey,

Yep, I am a strange little girl....and now the tree is packed with gifts.

Had my Xmas dinner with the parents last night, so starting to feel festive.

So good luck with all your plans...I intend to hunker down now till boxing day ...

Have a great day

also... xmas confession -- as lame as they all are, i love xmas movies, including the ones with clark griswold. but i only watch them at christmas :)
Clark Griswold is AWESOME! I love all of the vacation movies :rotfl2: :lmao:

ok,
I have a confession to make..

my 9 foot christmas tree has been standing, fully adorned for the last 15 months......:santa:

oops:rotfl:

jiovbl.jpg

but it does look good, and i did dust it last month:thumbsup2

just couldnt think of what to put in its spot after I took it down...so left it there. Surprisingly, no one notices it now when they come to visit...

Karen you are so funny :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I really hate taking the tree and the xmas decorations down, it just feels so bare when they are gone.

Now for my confession. I have this tree in the living room, it's a fake tree, just branches and at Easter I decorate it with Easter decorations, eggs, bunnies, chicks, really cute, lots of different decorations. When I put the xmas tree up a few weeks ago, I looked into the corner and saw my "Easter tree" still decorated. I decided that I had better remove the Easter decorations for Christmas :lmao:

and.....

speaking of Clark Griswold...in the states this time i went to hallmark shop, and picked up the Xmas ornament of the car with the tree on top from Xmas vacation..it even flashes...

will take a photo and post it.....

best movie ever!!!:rotfl:

yes, yes I am classy :upsidedow

My DS9 met the worst Santa ever today. I told him a few days ago that his 13 yr old sister thought she was too old for a Santa photo this year and he snuggled up to me and said "I'm not too old mum, I can't wait". So off we go today and I decided to go to David Jones because they usually have a nice Santa. He was a bit dodgy looking but I had high hopes that he would improve on closer inspection. When DS9 had finished getting his photo taken he told me that Santa had said "they've got the photo now, you better hop off my knee" and he didn't even ask him what he wanted for Christmas. Stunned. And then DS9 said "mum, I think I'll be too old for Santa's knee next year". I am heartbroken. What an awful Santa.

Ms Shuttergirl that's terrible! I took my three into myer in the city for their annual santa photo (17,14,11) they would be upset if I didn't take them, hahaha, they're big on traditions, anyway Myer usually has a lovely santa but this year he wasn't very santa looking and he told them there will be a lot of devastation in the world next year.....***???? That's not in your job description santa

Ms Shuttergirl that's terrible! I took my three into myer in the city for their annual santa photo (17,14,11) they would be upset if I didn't take them, hahaha, they're big on traditions, anyway Myer usually has a lovely santa but this year he wasn't very santa looking and he told them there will be a lot of devastation in the world next year.....***???? That's not in your job description santa

No way????? He did not say that? What is going on with people. I am definitely going to contact the store today because it really annoys me that someone else was able to impact on my child's beliefs

talk about dodgy santas.......gee Santa needs to lighten up a tad....
glad my boys are too old now, saves the drama...

baaa humbug.:eek:

BTW, Today I turned 44......happy b day to me...

met the DS, DDIL and grandkids and my parents at maccas for lunch today...short and sweet :grouphug:

so good day had by all..poor DH had to work [to pay for my WDW trips]...:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter