Closest Good Neighbor hotel?

I'm thinking of heading back to Disneyland next year, during Halloween season (my favorite time!) Unfortunately, the first time I went, I was spoiled by staying at the Disneyland Hotel. Lol, it was amazing. This time though, I will not have my awesome discount and will have to stay at a Good Neighbor hotel.

I want something within walking distance (5-10 minutes max), that looks nice but doesn't break the bank. Any suggestions?

The closest and arguabley the best hotels are not GN rated by DIsney - which gains you nothing.
All the hotels on harbor are pretty decent. Pick one you can get a deal on.
Our favorites are Park VIew Inn and Best Western Park Place Inn.

Hope you have a great time!

BWPPI advertises itself as being the closest. I am staying there next month. From all the reviews I’ve read on Trip Advisor it seemed like the best choice to me.

Park Vue Inn along with some of the others already mentioned. I was amazed at how short the walk was. Only hotel that's closer is Grand Californian (unless if you count the monorail for DLH).

Just a quick blurb on PVI. They include parking and a complimentary breakfast (hard boiled eggs, waffle station, cereal, oatmeal, pastries, fruit, etc.). We used to always stay at CCI, but we have been converted to PVI after our last stay. Super accommodating staff. They let us park our car on our arrival day at 8:00 AM and let us keep our car parked late on our checkout day. I can't say enough good things about that place.

I was worried about the AC because we stayed during a heat wave with highs in the upper 90s, but the room stayed ice cold. Rooms were clean, too.

We scored a killer rate: $135/night. Which is insane considering a hotel that close in WDW would cost you $400-$500/night.

Best Western Park Place Inn, Park Vue Inn, Camelot Inn...Tropicana

Yes, these. While they're not quite as nice as DLH, and they don't have all the amenities, they make up for it by being appreciably closer. And, as @Indiana Scott and @Marshmelo suggested, Best Western Park Place Inn is probably the most desirable. It's the closest (along with the Park Vue), and it has a pretty decent breakfast included.

Be aware that there are a couple of other Best Westerns in the area (including another one just up the street), so make sure you're looking at the Park Place Inn.

I’m curious. What *makes* for a GN hotel? Does it mean simply that it’s been endorsed by Disneyland?

It basically means they paid Disney a fee to be included in the program and can be booked via the Disneyland website as part of a package. But there really is no reason to do that and no real benefit to the designation at DLR.

OP- I agree with others, don't get hung up on the Good Neighbor designation and book your hotel directly, not thru Disney. BWPPI and PVI are right at the crosswalk but there are lots of options in easy walking distance on Harbor. I haven't stayed at the BWPPI but do like the Tropicana over Park Vue Inn even though the Trop is a little bit farther... like maybe 1-2 min walking. I'd suggest you look at Google maps and Street View to give you an idea of where things are and how close they are to the park.

I’m curious. What *makes* for a GN hotel? Does it mean simply that it’s been endorsed by Disneyland?

I don't know that I've ever seen it spelled out, but I assume it's just an arrangement that independent hotels have with Disney by which they let Disney book rooms for them (and then, I'm sure, take a commission). The Park Vue Inn, for instance, doesn't have Good Neighbor status, and I notice that they don't show up on other hotel booking sites like Hotels.com either -- it would seem they're not interested in paying that commission to Disney or anyone else.

I really don't think it's anything like the Disney version of the Good Housekeeping seal of approval, though.

OP- I agree with others, don't get hung up on the Good Neighbor designation and book your hotel directly, not thru Disney. BWPPI and PVI are right at the crosswalk but there are lots of options in easy walking distance on Harbor. I haven't stayed at the BWPPI but do like the Tropicana over Park Vue Inn even though the Trop is a little bit farther... like maybe 1-2 min walking. I'd suggest you look at Google maps and Street View to give you an idea of where things are and how close they are to the park.
My apologies, I just assumed Good Neighbor meant hotels in the vicinity of Disneyland! Lol. I won't be booking through Disney and have been checking through Expedia and other sites.

My apologies, I just assumed Good Neighbor meant hotels in the vicinity of Disneyland! Lol. I won't be booking through Disney and have been checking through Expedia and other sites.

Park Vue Inn and Candy Cane Inn are two hotels that don't show up on sites like Expedia. You have to google them and then go directly to their sites. And it's probably worth it to do so, just to see what's available from them, too.

They paid Disneyland the money to say that they are a GN hotel. Disneyland doesn't check them out in any way. The designation means nothing. Its actually just a money grab. Maybe it means something at WDW.

For the best pricing at Park Vue... call the phone number for the front desk. It is consistently $5-10 cheaper a night than listed on the website. I have no idea why.

For the best pricing at Park Vue... call the phone number for the front desk. It is consistently $5-10 cheaper a night than listed on the website. I have no idea why.

Great tip!

It seems odd at a time when most businesses are trying to encourage their customers to use online, automated services whenever possible to cut down on labor costs. But if it works, we might as well take advantage of it!

Depending on availability I would suggest the BW Anaheim Inn. It’s the 2nd BW on Harbour and it’s like 2 hotel buildings south of the crosswalk (I‘ve always stayed there because it was often a few $s cheaper than the BWPPI... we always really liked it especially the balcony from the breakfast room). But to be honest that’s the furthest away from the crosswalk I would look for „first choice hotels“ regarding proximity. It’s still „right across“ and very close to DL but every step counts after a long day at DL at least I was counting steps...
but of course the Hotel prices drop the further away your booked hotel is...

Regardless which hotel you end up booking you should always check out if it is cheaper to book directly with the hotel! I‘ve often found it cheaper...

Depending on availability I would suggest the BW Anaheim Inn. It’s the 2nd BW on Harbour and it’s like 2 hotel buildings south of the crosswalk (I‘ve always stayed there because it was often a few $s cheaper than the BWPPI... we always really liked it especially the balcony from the breakfast room). But to be honest that’s the furthest away from the crosswalk I would look for „first choice hotels“ regarding proximity. It’s still „right across“ and very close to DL but every step counts after a long day at DL at least I was counting steps...
but of course the Hotel prices drop the further away your booked hotel is...

Regardless which hotel you end up booking you should always check out if it is cheaper to book directly with the hotel! I‘ve often found it cheaper...

We are staying here for the first time on our next trip and I'm jazzed about it because all I've heard on the disboards are good things and the hotel seems to get great reviews. I don't see it mentioned a lot like some of the other hotels, so it seems it's a bit of a "sleeper" (no pun intended).

We are staying here for the first time on our next trip and I'm jazzed about it because all I've heard on the disboards are good things and the hotel seems to get great reviews. I don't see it mentioned a lot like some of the other hotels, so it seems it's a bit of a "sleeper" (no pun intended).
Because of this post, I've decided to book there as well! Great reviews and I can save some money!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter