Closest Good Neighbor hotel?

Park Vue Inn along with some of the others already mentioned. I was amazed at how short the walk was. Only hotel that's closer is Grand Californian (unless if you count the monorail for DLH).

Just a quick blurb on PVI. They include parking and a complimentary breakfast (hard boiled eggs, waffle station, cereal, oatmeal, pastries, fruit, etc.). We used to always stay at CCI, but we have been converted to PVI after our last stay. Super accommodating staff. They let us park our car on our arrival day at 8:00 AM and let us keep our car parked late on our checkout day. I can't say enough good things about that place.

I was worried about the AC because we stayed during a heat wave with highs in the upper 90s, but the room stayed ice cold. Rooms were clean, too.

We scored a killer rate: $135/night. Which is insane considering a hotel that close in WDW would cost you $400-$500/night.

Interstingly enough, for most room locations in the GCH, it's actually closer to stay at the BWs DI&S and one or two more. From room to middle of esplanade for example.

The 2 closest I've stayed at are Del Sol Inn (extremely close) and Ramada Maingate at the Park (now called Grand Legacy at the Park). Both were right across the street, reasonably priced, and decent.

We stayed at Tropicana this past July and LOVED it! It was so convenient to the parks and we loved the little store that is connected to it. Each night we would stop there on our way back to the room and grab a cool drink. In the morning we would get a little snack to munch on while we were waiting outside the turnstiles.

I would definitely stay there again!

We stayed at Tropicana this past July and LOVED it! It was so convenient to the parks and we loved the little store that is connected to it. Each night we would stop there on our way back to the room and grab a cool drink. In the morning we would get a little snack to munch on while we were waiting outside the turnstiles.

I would definitely stay there again!

I really like the Tropicana, too. We stayed their on my daughter's first visit to Disneyland, which was my favorite vacation ever. So I think I probably overly-associate those memory with the Tropicana.

We had a room in the southwest corner (closest to the parks), so we were actually closer than when we've stayed at BWPPI, and I like that little store (I think it was called the Cove maybe?). The only thing I miss there is breakfast.

My go-to across-Harbor hotel is Tropicana Inn and Suites. Reasons being:

1) King beds available
2) 2nd closest to the esplanade (2nd only to Best Western as noted above)
3) Late night convenience market downstairs (open til 1am)
4) Recently renovated rooms (very clean and airy despite the outside appearance), lots of plugs, had plenty of room to assemble a newly purchased stroller. Much nicer than its sister property Camelot Inn and Suites, which I think is being renovated (or should be ).

CON would be the lack of an elevator (better haul that stroller up the stairs, or do what I do and go off-roading with it, yee haw).

The Tropicana does have an elevator on one side of the property, but the other side doesn’t. We love the Tropicana and are thankful that we no longer have to use a stroller because after a long day at the park it was hard to haul the stroller upstairs if we weren’t lucky enough to get the right side of the complex.

The Tropicana does have an elevator on one side of the property, but the other side doesn’t. We love the Tropicana and are thankful that we no longer have to use a stroller because after a long day at the park it was hard to haul the stroller upstairs if we weren’t lucky enough to get the right side of the complex.

Where exactly is the elevator located at Tropicana???

Where exactly is the elevator located at Tropicana???
If you are looking at the front of the hotel, go back behind the Cove Market. Take a right to the little alcove/hall area. It's there almost immediately on your left. :)

Had we not stayed right outside of it once, I would have had zero idea that it was there.

I’m curious. What *makes* for a GN hotel? Does it mean simply that it’s been endorsed by Disneyland?
To be a GN, they have to be willing to set aside rooms for Disney to sell, which won't be released back to them until 48 hours prior. (They don't pay money, but could pay in losses.) So, they could have vacant rooms . I believe they also have to be willing to sell tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter