Closing Time!!

We are so close to getting access to our points!!!!
Sherrkel---$87-$14546-150-BRV@WL-Oct-0/15, 0/16, 150/17, 150/18
Offer 4/2 (accepted 4/3)
Rofr 4/20
Estoppel 5/9
Closing documents rec'd (by buyer) 5/9 ( I rec'd notification of Estoppel and the closing docs on same date)
Closing documents rec'd (by title co) 5/11
Closed 5/16, deed sent to be recorded.

Now to get those points loaded and plan our first DVC owners trip (Jan/Feb 2018)!!:drive:

I know it was too soon, but I did speak with MS, I had a couple of questions, had a very helpful CM on the line, she even checked to see if we were in the system. Oh well not yet.

*Final update post*

Timeline so far for our 160 pt AKV contract, it was kind of a weird situation!

Offer Made: 3/22
Offer Accepted: 3/24
Sent to ROFR: 3/30
*no notice of passing ROFR*
Closing Docs Received: 4/19
Closing docs sent back: 4/20
Closed: 5/3
Recorded: 5/4
Disney switched names: 5/14
Called and received ID: 5/16

ALL DONE!! :) I called this morning and one CM said, "we can't give you your info because you bought resale. You have to call your broker." Knowing that was false (thanks disboards!) I called back and was told my contract was finished by Sunday and was given all necessary info right away! So all in all almost 8 weeks from offer made to points loaded. Every process went lightening fast EXCEPT the processes that involve the seller since they were international. The seller delays were about 3 weeks of those 8. But we're happy and glad to be members!!

*Final update post*

Timeline so far for our 160 pt AKV contract, it was kind of a weird situation!

Offer Accepted: 3/24
Sent to ROFR: 3/30
*no notice of passing ROFR*
Closing Docs Received: 4/19
Closing docs sent back: 4/20
Closed: 5/3
Recorded: 5/4
Disney switched names: 5/14
Called and received ID: 5/16

ALL DONE!! :) I called this morning and one CM said, "we can't give you your info because you bought resale. You have to call your broker." Knowing that was false (thanks disboards!) I called back and was told my contract was finished by Sunday and was given all necessary info right away! So all in all almost 8 weeks from offer made to points loaded. Every process went lightening fast EXCEPT the processes that involve the seller since they were international. The seller delays were about 3 weeks of those 8. But we're happy and glad to be members!!

Oh wow , awesome!!!! So happy for you all!!! We need a Facebook meet up group!!! To share our first trip as members and just keep in contact, and go oh remember the wait.:welcome:

Could you have received all your info the day Disney switched names? Or does it take an additional day or two for that info to generate?

Offer Rejected: 3/23
Offer Reconsidered & Accepted: 3/30
Sent to ROFR: 3/31
Passed ROFR: 4/18
Closing Docs Received: 4/30
Closing docs sent back: 5/2
Seller returned closing docs: 5/11
Closed: 5/16
Recorded: ***
Disney switched names:***
Called and received ID: ***

Just got word it is closed and Disney has been notified. So hoping a few more weeks and will be ready to make reservations.

Offer Rejected: 3/23
Offer Reconsidered & Accepted: 3/30
Passed ROFR: 4/18
Closing Docs Received: 4/30
Closing docs sent back: 5/2
Seller returned closing docs: 5/11
Closed: 5/16
Recorded: 5/17
Disney switched names:***

Recorded yesterday. Not really a big step in process, but kind of sinks in when you see it listed as owner on the Recorder's website.

So excited!!! Just got word that we have closed and Disney has been notified of the change in ownership! Closing e-mail says wait 7-14 days for Disney to complete the transfer - when can I actually call?!?! I know you all will know! :)

Offer Made: 4/6
Offer Accepted: 4/6
Sent to ROFR: 4/6
Passed ROFR: 4/20
Closing Docs Received: 5/9
Closing docs sent back: 5/12
Closed: 5/18
Disney switched names: ***

That was very quick and very painless - I would by resale again in a heartbeat! Now to get my number and start PLANNING!! :)

So excited!!! Just got word that we have closed and Disney has been notified of the change in ownership! Closing e-mail says wait 7-14 days for Disney to complete the transfer - when can I actually call?!?! I know you all will know! :)

Offer Made: 4/6
Offer Accepted: 4/6
Sent to ROFR: 4/6
Passed ROFR: 4/20
Closing Docs Received: 5/9
Closing docs sent back: 5/12
Closed: 5/18
Disney switched names: ***

That was very quick and very painless - I would by resale again in a heartbeat! Now to get my number and start PLANNING!! :)

Congrats.....sounds like we got the exact same email. I was kind of wondering about when to call too. My email came on Tuesday so thinking about calling the day after Memorial Day (30th). Looks like most who posted here were able to setup account 10-14 days after closing.

Recorded 5/10, called today 5/18 with no luck. I got Cheryl and she was a real crab. :eeyore:
Tomorrow we try again!

Congrats.....sounds like we got the exact same email. I was kind of wondering about when to call too. My email came on Tuesday so thinking about calling the day after Memorial Day (30th). Looks like most who posted here were able to setup account 10-14 days after closing.
Looks like a bit longer to wait but I am ok with that! The worst wait for me was ROFR...this is manageable compared to that!

I think after 7 business days it's worth trying. I called at 9 business days and it had already been done for a day or two and points were already loaded.

Recorded 5/10.
Received member # today 5/19. Called, selected option 3 then option 4 as stated on here previously. When connected just said, "Hi I'm calling to get my member #." Asked for name, confirmation of address and voila. Finished the call, redialed and selected option 1. Asked for my club id and activation. Signed in and everything was good. Pretty easy today!

Only problem is that there is no availability for my week I booked flights for! 11/6-11/14. The struggle is real! Quick but not quick enough. Set up a waitlist at AKL.

Buying two contracts, same resort and same UY:
Contract #1
Offer made: 3/24
Counter-offer accepted: 3/24
Sent to ROFR : 3/25
Passed ROFR: 4/19
Closing Documents Received: 5/9
Closing Documents/Check Sent: 5/11
Closing Completed: 5/18
Deed Recorded: ?
Points in DVC Account: ?​
Contract #2
Offer made: 5/4
Offer accepted: 5/4
Sent to ROFR : 5/8
Passed ROFR: 5/19
Closing Documents Received: ?
Closing Documents/Check Sent: ?
Closing Completed: ?
Points in DVC Account: ?​

Last edited:
Final Update: Account Setup
Based on the advice from a previous poster, I called up Member Administration earlier today and was able to get my account all set up earlier than I had expected.
Since we're going again in October, I thought I'd check to see if I could find anything, even for just one night as a split stay. I was able to find a studio at Beach Club villas for one night, 10/5. Since we will be going to the Halloween Party that night and resting some the next day, it couldn't be a better time to try out Stormalong Bay!

Final Timeline:

Initial offer and negotiations: 3/7
Signed contract sent to Disney for ROFR: 3/14
ROFR waived: 3/27
Closing Docs Sent to me: 4/19
Returned my closing documents and payment: 4/21
Sellers docs received: ?? 5/7 maybe?
Closed: ??
Deed recorded: 5/10
Member Number: 5/22

160 BLT AUG UY $117 PP

Offer made: 4/13
offer accepted: 4/13
Sent to ROFR : 4/14
Passed ROFR: 5/2
Closing Documents Received: 5/26
Closing Documents/Check Sent: 5/30
Closing Completed: ??
Points in DVC Account: ?

Last edited:
Contract: $112-$30090-250-BLT-Mar-0/16, 500/17, 250/18, 250/19

Offer Made: 3/12
Offer Accepted: 3/12
Sent to ROFR: 3/20
Passed ROFR: 4/4
Closing Docs Received: 4/24
Closing docs sent back: 5/1
Closed: 5/8
Recorded: 5/10
Member # received by mail or phone: .

Called on 5/22 and very quickly had all the information needed to set up my online account. Everyone I spoke to was extremely friendly and didn't seem to care that I had purchased resale.

Really good format for people tracking the process to their new contract!

*The contract: $85-$-125-AKV-Dec-0/16, 113/17, 12/18 *(borrowed points from 2018 so no MF)
Offer Made: 3/30
Offer Accepted: 3/31
Passed ROFR: 4/17
Closing Docs Received: 5/10
Closing docs sent back by buyer (no check): 5/11
Closing docs sent back seller (5/24)
Closed: 5/24/.
Recorded: 5/25... Notice posted on OCC website. Is there another step?
Member # received by mail or phone: waiting until 5/31 and then will try calling for it.

Our seller returned their closing docs and title co received today after a 2 week or so wait from when we received them. We thought we were on our way to close when we hit a snag. The closing documents we sent (buyer) didn't have the check attached! Somehow we lost it on the way to FedEx! So went to the bank to cancel funds, reissue and then get a wire done. Found out at the bank the check had never been cashed so it was possible to re-issue funds, but I might still have to post a surety bond ($200) just to be able to do it immediately. Thankfully Chase changed their policy recently and didn't require a bond to reissue like the system said. Worked with a great banker who got it all done in about 30 minutes to refund the lost check and send out the wire. Seeing other's experience, I would suggest waiting until Seller has turned in their documents and wiring funds, even with the $20 fee if possible. That way you don't have to worry about getting the check to Title or getting funds back if you have a seller who backs out last minute.

Update: They received the funds and sent to recording. Now just have to check comptroller's site tomorrow to see if they processed it. So so close to getting there and we still have plenty of time before we need to start making reservations!

Update 2: Saw a notice on the OCC website... does that mean it has been recorded? I was expecting to also see a Deed...
-->Good luck to all!

Last edited:
We are so close to getting access to our points!!!!
Sherrkel---$87-$14546-150-BRV@WL-Oct-0/15, 0/16, 150/17, 150/18
Offer 4/2 (accepted 4/3)
Rofr 4/20
Estoppel 5/9
Closing documents rec'd (by buyer) 5/9 ( I rec'd notification of Estoppel and the closing docs on same date)
Closing documents rec'd (by title co) 5/11
Closed 5/16, deed sent to be recorded.

Now to get those points loaded and plan our first DVC owners trip (Jan/Feb 2018)!!:drive:

8 days post deed recording and I'm super excited to say - we've booked our first DVC trip!! From offer to booking was 45 days. Welcome home to me and DH :hug: A huge THANK YOU to the invaluable knowledge and tips I found from the posters in these DVC forums...you all helped our wishes come true :tink:
Very best to those still in the race, keep the faith. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter