Closing Time!!

Was going to wait to put these in until I had the first membership showing, but I'm getting impatient so here goes:

Home: VGF
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title

Offer made: 1/11/21
Offer accepted: 1/11/21
Sent to ROFR: 1/14/21
Passed ROFR: 2/9/21

Closing docs received: 3/1/21
Closing docs returned: 3/2/21

Closing: 3/4/21
Deed recorded: 3/8/21
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Offer made: 1/21/21
Offer accepted: 1/21/21
Sent to ROFR: 1/23/21
Passed ROFR: 2/16/21

Closing docs received: 3/3/21
Closing docs returned: Still waiting on the seller (sent ours in)

Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Haven't heard anything as to why there is such a delay on the second one - I am assuming sellers haven't returned their documents yet

Update
Home: PVB
Broker: www.dvcstore.com
Title Company: Mason Title Co
Offer made: 2/12/21
Offer accepted: 2/12/21
Sent to ROFR: 2/15/21
Passed ROFR: 3/4/21
Closing docs received: 3/25/21
Closing docs returned: 3/25/21
Sellers closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Was going to wait to put these in until I had the first membership showing, but I'm getting impatient so here goes:

Points in account:

Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Haven't heard anything as to why there is such a delay on the second one - I am assuming sellers haven't returned their documents yet
My deed was recorded on 3/9 and nothing yet for me either.

Based on what I've seen on here with contracts around the same time I am assuming I will hear Monday/Tuesday (but still probably checking my email all day today just in case)
What are you thinking 21 days average right now?

I sure hope not, but it seems that way. Although points seem to be loading faster, right?

That's what I'm hoping! I really don't want to call in for points to get loaded, so I'm ok with a longer time to get it set up if that means points are being added in close to the same time. Obviously I don't know their system, but I never understood why there is a lag between membership creation and points being loaded - seems like it would make more sense for the same person to do both at the same time while they are already looking at the contract

That's what I'm hoping! I really don't want to call in for points to get loaded, so I'm ok with a longer time to get it set up if that means points are being added in close to the same time. Obviously I don't know their system, but I never understood why there is a lag between membership creation and points being loaded - seems like it would make more sense for the same person to do both at the same time while they are already looking at the contract

The ROFR wait was long for me, but his wait is worse and I am only 9 days from closing and 8 days from deed recorded.

Agree!! I closed on 3/2-- account was just added to my current account on 3/22 but still no points. This wait is more brutal than ROFR because I keep logging in to check. I plan to call next week if not posted by then because I have to make sure the owners banked the points they were supposed to before next weeks deadline. I am dreading that call.

*Update*

There's no update. Closing agent reached out to the sellers to get a status update. No reply. Two weeks until closing deadline date.

Home: AKV
Offer accepted: 1/22/21
Sent to ROFR: 1/28/21
Passed ROFR: 2/19/21
Estoppel Received: 3/8/21
Closing docs received: 3/10/21
Closing docs returned: 3/17/21
Sellers closing docs returned: Pending - Int'l seller
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Total Time from Offer to Points in Account:

*Update*

There's no update. Closing agent reached out to the sellers to get a status update. No reply. Two weeks until closing deadline date.

Offer accepted: 1/22/21
Sent to ROFR: 1/28/21
Passed ROFR: 2/19/21
Estoppel Received: 3/8/21
Closing docs received: 3/10/21
Closing docs returned: 3/17/21
Sellers closing docs returned: Pending - Int'l seller
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

This is terrible! Is a closing deadline common? I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this!

This is terrible! Is a closing deadline common? I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this!
They’re International sellers, so the closing process is expected to be slower, so not really concerned with that. Lack of communication is a bit concerning though. I’m not exactly sure what happens if closing date deadline is reached, but that is the agreed upon date in the contract. Banked points expire in May though, so getting a little nervous.

Bought a 50 pt contract that has points that have to used by 6/1. Started the process on 12/27 and closed on 3/8 even though all of the closing docs were in a week earlier. Was going to use these points as a surprise to my family for a quick weekend trip but couldn't wait any longer because there was almost no availability left for the second weekend in May so had to book using one of my existing contracts which now is gonna hurt some future plans. It would be nice to have really known that these points were really even going to be possible to use by June since the purchase was 5 months out from that date.

I know it is not the MS workers fault that they are short staffed but there should be ample staffing in place so members are not on hold for hours upon hours and to get the workload completed in a more timely manner.

Agree!! I closed on 3/2-- account was just added to my current account on 3/22 but still no points. This wait is more brutal than ROFR because I keep logging in to check. I plan to call next week if not posted by then because I have to make sure the owners banked the points they were supposed to before next weeks deadline. I am dreading that call.
Maybe try the chat function and see if they can help load them. It can’t hurt just keep refreshing the dashboard and it will appear if it’s available.

They’re International sellers, so the closing process is expected to be slower, so not really concerned with that. Lack of communication is a bit concerning though. I’m not exactly sure what happens if closing date deadline is reached, but that is the agreed upon date in the contract. Banked points expire in May though, so getting a little nervous.

Our closing deadline is April 9, so we are fast approaching as well (also an international seller). No word from the title company. If we reach our deadline I'm considering just walking away and picking up the points direct.
Fortunately ours don't expire until December, but it is a fully loaded contract plus some 2019 points so we were planning on booking a 3 bd with the points and I am getting worried about them booking up.

Still no points showing on the stripped AKV contract loaded Tuesday, but I did get the CCV closing e-documents late last night! Waiting for Mason to answer a question before I sign off. I really hope I have motivated sellers that sign quickly on that one as the banked points expire 7/31!

Sent to ROFR: 1/22/21
Estoppel Received: ?
Closing docs received: 2/23/21
Closing docs returned: 2/24/21 (received 3/1 due to FedEx delay)
Sellers closing docs returned: 2/25/21
Closing: 3/2/21
Deed recorded: 3/4/21
Membership created & contract showing: 3/23/21
Points in account:

Home: CCV
Broker: www.fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 2/17/21
Offer accepted: 2/18/21
Sent to ROFR: 2/22/21
Passed ROFR: 3/15/21
Estoppel Received: ?
Closing docs received: 3/25/21
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Membership created & contract showing:
Points in account:

Man this is depressing reading how long it’s taking for everyone’s contracts and points to show up online! I closed on my GFV contract on 3/22 and the deed recorded 3/24. I was hoping to see the points soon so I can book next Feb. At the rate it seems to be taking for everyone I’ve got about 19 days left. Ah well, if the room is gone I’ll just bank and book a bigger room next year.

UPDATED - got my membership email for the first one! Now just to wait on the other sellers to return their documents and DVC to load some points!

Contract Showing on Membership: 3/26/21
Points in account:

Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

closing on second contract has begun!

Broker: www.**********.com
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 1/17/2021
Offer accepted: 1/17/2021
Sent to ROFR: 1/19/2021
Passed ROFR: 2/12/2021
Closing docs received: 2/17/2021
Closing docs returned: 2/18/2021
Sellers closing docs returned: ?
Closing date: 3/11/2021
Deed recorded: 3/12/2021

Points loaded:

Broker: www.**********.com
Title Company: TRCS
Offer made: 2/21/2021
Offer accepted: 2/22/2021
Sent to ROFR: 2/22/2021
Passed ROFR: 3/12/2021
Closing docs received: 3/25/2021
Closing docs returned: 3/25/2021
Closing date:
Deed recorded:
Contract showing on membership:
Points loaded:

OUR UPDATE: 123 DAYS AND STILL COUNTING - Anyone else in the same boat?

Sellers are here in the States & there were no pending vacations that would delay closing.

Yeah I hear you, patience is starting to run very thin. I think our Hilton Head contract is one of the longest still currently waiting for membership set up and loading of points. With the offer acceptance being 11/23/20, wire transfer sent 2/10/21, never told it was closed or what the closing date was, & had to look up the deed filing record which was 3/9/21. Already lost out on using our new HH points because the 7 month window opened up a couple weeks ago. Now Hoping to get points loaded before before the banking window expires. Deed recorded 3/9/21 any guesses on when we might actually see the points and account # ?

Man this is depressing reading how long it’s taking for everyone’s contracts and points to show up online! I closed on my GFV contract on 3/22 and the deed recorded 3/24. I was hoping to see the points soon so I can book next Feb. At the rate it seems to be taking for everyone I’ve got about 19 days left. Ah well, if the room is gone I’ll just bank and book a bigger room next year.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter