Closing Time!!

Repost from other thread:

Home Resort: OKW
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 07/08/21
Offer accepted: 07/08/21
Sent to ROFR: 07/09/21
Passed ROFR: 08/10/21 (in a unique situation, Disney first took the contract on 07/30. Then they notified the broker that the seller has a second contract that passed, and they would be willing to waive this one as well. It's a reverse ROFR miracle!)
Closing docs received: 08/12/21
Closing docs returned buyer: 08/13/21
Closing docs returned seller: 09/07/21 (the sellers were traveling and took awhile to return their docs)
Funds wired: 09/07/21
Closing: 09/13/21
Deed recorded: 09/14/21
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 10/05/21
Points in account:

Home Resort: Bay Lake Tower
Broker: ******************
Offer made: 08/13/21
Offer accepted: 08/14/21
Sent to ROFR: 08/15/21
Passed ROFR: 09/09/21
Closing docs received: 09/14/21
Closing docs returned buyer: 09/14/21
Funds wired: 09/15/21
Closing: 09/22/21
Deed recorded: 09/23/21
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 10/11/21
Points in account: 10/12 (after calling MS)

I am very pleased that it went fairly quickly. After I read everybody's advice in this forum (which I really appreciate), I called the member service today asking to load my points since I wanted to book my 9/11/2022 trip before it sold out. MS was extremely friendly and helpful and glad that I was not treated like a second class citizen for being a resale member. :-)

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Jeffrey C. Sweet
Offer made: 8/24/21
Offer accepted: 8/24/21
Sent to ROFR: 8/26/21
Passed ROFR: 9/23/21
Estoppel received: 9/23/21
Closing docs received: 9/23/21
Closing docs returned buyer: 9/23/21
Closing docs returned seller: 9/27/21
Closing: 9/29/21
Deed recorded: 9/30/21
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 10/15/21
Points in account:

Total Days: 52 Days so far

This has honestly been so much faster than I expected. Now I just need to get my points loaded!

I am very pleased that it went fairly quickly. After I read everybody's advice in this forum (which I really appreciate), I called the member service today asking to load my points since I wanted to book my 9/11/2022 trip before it sold out. MS was extremely friendly and helpful and glad that I was not treated like a second class citizen for being a resale member. :-)
I have been trying member accounting and when I call it says they are closed and can only be reached by email. I will try MS instead. Thank you.

Last edited:

Will Disney email me when my contract is loaded to my account? I've got an existing membership with the same UY. Its been about 4 weeks since the deed was recorded.

Will Disney email me when my contract is loaded to my account? I've got an existing membership with the same UY. Its been about 4 weeks since the deed was recorded.
Ouch. My deed was recorded four days ago and I have been anxiously waiting for my points to be loaded. I spoke to MS today and they told me I will get an email when points are loaded. I asked if they could share a timeline and they answered NO with a sort of annoyed tone.

Ouch. My deed was recorded four days ago and I have been anxiously waiting for my points to be loaded. I spoke to MS today and they told me I will get an email when points are loaded. I asked if they could share a timeline and they answered NO with a sort of annoyed tone.
It takes at least 2-4 weeks for a contract to show after the deed is recorded.

I’d try again with another CM.

It took exactly 3 weeks for the first part of the process for me. Deed was recorded on 09/14/21 and MA added the contract to my current membership on 10/05/21. Now I'm waiting for MS to complete the second part of the process - adding the points.

I'm at a week and a half and getting impatient LOL. I'm not planning any trips right away but I really want the points. Once I have them I probably will start planning.

So, its been 4 weeks and my contract still isn't showing on my account. I've emailed member administration with no response.

Sent my closing documents in to the title company and wired the money the next day. Been waiting almost three weeks for sellers to return their closing documents, title company said they could close the next day after receiving the paperwork. What are my options at this point? Is there a drop dead date when I can get out of this deal? I would like to get this moving so I can make some reservations just wondering if I have any recourse besides emailing my sales rep.

Sent my closing documents in to the title company and wired the money the next day. Been waiting almost three weeks for sellers to return their closing documents, title company said they could close the next day after receiving the paperwork. What are my options at this point? Is there a drop dead date when I can get out of this deal? I would like to get this moving so I can make some reservations just wondering if I have any recourse besides emailing my sales rep.

Once the official closing date listed in your contract passes, you can ask to cancel the sale and get your money back,

Prior to that, it’s loss of the deposit.

What number did you call for MS?

I never received an email saying the seller had received or signed the documents. I had to ask. But, I also checked the Comptroller site and saw the deed recorded before I did that. Maybe they signed and it was already recorded?

Are the membership ID number and activation code e-mails supposed to come around the same time? I just received the activation e-mail, but not the one with the member ID. Is it possible to call to get my member ID? Thanks!

Are the membership ID number and activation code e-mails supposed to come around the same time? I just received the activation e-mail, but not the one with the member ID. Is it possible to call to get my member ID? Thanks!
Yeah just give it some time. It took like 30 mins to an hour for my second email to come after I got the first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter