Closing Time!!

Other e-mail just came through :) Now to call in the morning to see if we can get our points loaded and piece together a trip next month, have 100+ points set to expire!

Did you have any luck?
Yup! Snagged a 2BR at SSR for 3 nights, with some help from MS. Website only showed availability for one night, but I called and they said there was 2 additional nights available. Still need one more night and will continue to stalk until there's availability, but now we can bring both sets of grandparents along for my daughter's 1st birthday!

Yup! Snagged a 2BR at SSR for 3 nights, with some help from MS. Website only showed availability for one night, but I called and they said there was 2 additional nights available. Still need one more night and will continue to stalk until there's availability, but now we can bring both sets of grandparents along for my daughter's 1st birthday!

That's amazing!!

Home Resort: BLT
Broker: https://dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 08/19/21
Offer accepted: 08/19/21
Sent to ROFR: 08/23/21
Passed ROFR: 09/20/21
Closing docs received: 09/20/21
Closing docs returned buyer: 09/20/21
Closing docs returned seller: ???
Funds wired: 09/20/21
Closing: 09/29/21
Deed recorded: 09/29/21
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 10/14/21
Points in account:10/18/21 (called in to MS)

Total timeline: 60 days... not too shabby. Would have been longer though if I didn't call in but I'm right at my 7 month booking window and was advised to call in. Otherwise they are quoting 2-4 weeks for points loading. This process was totally painless which will make it hard to say no if prices drop and I see a nice contract out there. 😅

Final update...

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Jeffrey C. Sweet
Offer made: 8/24/21
Offer accepted: 8/24/21
Sent to ROFR: 8/26/21
Passed ROFR: 9/23/21
Estoppel received: 9/23/21
Closing docs received: 9/23/21
Closing docs returned buyer: 9/23/21
Closing docs returned seller: 9/27/21
Closing: 9/29/21
Deed recorded: 9/30/21
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 10/15/21
Points in account: 10/18/21

Total Days: 55 Days

Was a little bit of a struggle getting my points loaded. First time I called the day after my contract was showing the CM I talked to said they weren't able to do it yet, but then I called again today and the CM was able to get it done for me while I was on the call with them. Overall fairly quick and painless for resale.

Home Resort: BCV
Broker: DVC Magic Resales
Title Company: First Reliable Transfers
Offer made: 8/3/21
Offer accepted: 8/8/21
Sent to ROFR: 8/16/21
Passed ROFR: 9/20/21
Estoppel received: 9/20/21
Closing docs received: 9/21/21
Closing docs returned buyer: 9/21/21
Closing docs returned seller: 9/21/21
Deed recorded: 10/11/21
Contract Showing on Membership: TBD
Points in account: TBD

Total Days:

Tried again today and they said call back next Monday. I think it really depends on whom you get on the phone.
Seriously just keep calling. I had one CM say call back again on a certain day then I just called the very next day and a different CM loaded my points right then and there. That is once your contract shows on your account.

Tried again today and they said call back next Monday. I think it really depends on whom you get on the phone.

I misread your original post. I thought you had your contract on the DVC site already, but since you don't, calling won't help. Once you can see your contract, wait a few days and then call to get your points.

Seriously just keep calling. I had one CM say call back again on a certain day then I just called the very next day and a different CM loaded my points right then and there. That is once your contract shows on your account.
For sure. That is the key. Got to get them to load the contract first. 🤪

Final update! Even bigger shocker!!!! Received membership email yesterday and my points are loaded today!!!!! I logged on this morning and there they were :).

Home Resort: SSR
Broker: www.****************.com
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 7/30/2021
Offer accepted: 7/30/2021
Sent to ROFR: 7/31/2021
Passed ROFR: 9/13/2021
Estoppel Received:?
Closing docs received:9/20/2021
Closing docs returned: 9/24/2021
Sellers closing docs returned:9/24/2021
Funds wired:9/28/2021
Closing: 10/8/2021
Deed recorded:10/11/2021
Contract Showing on Membership:10/19/2021
Points in account: 10/20/2021

Total: 82 days, even with that long ROFR and delayed closing

Update...

Home Resort: BWV
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 6/29/21
Offer accepted: 6/29/21
Sent to ROFR: 7/01/21
Passed ROFR: 7/26/21
Estoppel received: 8/02/21
Closing docs received: 10/27/21 (delayed closing with the earliest being 11/22)
Closing docs returned buyer:
Closing docs returned seller:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Total Days: 120 days and counting on apart of the delayed closing

Home Resort: BCV
Broker: DVC Magic Resales
Title Company: First Reliable Transfers
Offer made: 8/3/21
Offer accepted: 8/8/21
Sent to ROFR: 8/16/21
Passed ROFR: 9/20/21
Estoppel received: 9/20/21
Closing docs received: 9/21/21
Closing docs returned buyer: 9/21/21
Closing docs returned seller: 9/21/21
Deed recorded: 10/11/21
Contract Showing on Membership: TBD
Points in account: TBD

Total Days:
UPDATE - still no points or contract on DVC site so I tried calling MS two weeks ago and found a rep that would talk to me and try to help. She came back after about 45 trying to connect with MS and they said I need to speak to the broker because they had no contract pending. Frustrated, I called the broker and title company and broker basically ignored me and title company told me Disney did not know what they were talking about and to give it another week.

Last Tuesday the broker emails me and tells me they spelled my name wrong on the deed and now need to fix it. Mind you when they sent me the closing docs I responded they spelled my name wrong and they sent me new docs but did not correct it on sellers docs.

Worst experience buying a contract (my sixth) and title company will not take ownership. Blames Disney for their error.

So new docs signed by sellers correcting error and re-recorded on Friday. We will see how long this will take now to see my points.

Anyone ever experience anything like this before?

UPDATE - still no points or contract on DVC site so I tried calling MS two weeks ago and found a rep that would talk to me and try to help. She came back after about 45 trying to connect with MS and they said I need to speak to the broker because they had no contract pending. Frustrated, I called the broker and title company and broker basically ignored me and title company told me Disney did not know what they were talking about and to give it another week.

Last Tuesday the broker emails me and tells me they spelled my name wrong on the deed and now need to fix it. Mind you when they sent me the closing docs I responded they spelled my name wrong and they sent me new docs but did not correct it on sellers docs.

Worst experience buying a contract (my sixth) and title company will not take ownership. Blames Disney for their error.

So new docs signed by sellers correcting error and re-recorded on Friday. We will see how long this will take now to see my points.

Anyone ever experience anything like this before?
They recorded a typo in my deed as well a few weeks ago.

So the wait continues. I swear I think the delay on posting contracts and points bought on the secondary market is deliberate in order to make us all think the hassle is not worth it.

When a resale contract is "showing on membership" with its points not loaded yet, what am I looking for on my dvc page?

I'm at 12 days since deed recorded, and 45 days since having my offer accepted. I was hoping to beat 50 days for points in my account but darn, prob won't make it. :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter