Closing Time!!

OUR UPDATE: 123 DAYS AND STILL COUNTING - Anyone else in the same boat?

Sellers are here in the States & there were no pending vacations that would delay closing.

Yeah I hear you, patience is starting to run very thin. I think our Hilton Head contract is one of the longest still currently waiting for membership set up and loading of points. With the offer acceptance being 11/23/20, wire transfer sent 2/10/21, never told it was closed or what the closing date was, & had to look up the deed filing record which was 3/9/21. Already lost out on using our new HH points because the 7 month window opened up a couple weeks ago. Now Hoping to get points loaded before before the banking window expires. Deed recorded 3/9/21 any guesses on when we might actually see the points and account # ?
I have a deed recorded on 3/9 and mine is not loaded into the system yet either.

Work has been crazy at work - I’ve been slack posting where I stood in closing. Got word today I’m officially closed and the deed is sent to the county. Yeah — super excited to be officially a DVC owner.

Home: SSR
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title

Offer made: 2/4/21
Offer accepted: 2/4/21
Sent to ROFR: 2/7/21
Passed ROFR: 3/1/21

Closing docs received: 3/11/21
Closing docs returned: 3/15/21

Closing: 3/26/21
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Has anyone in the past seen Disney “rush” membership creation if they see “distressed” points? Or am I assuming too much that DVC has a soul?

Last edited:

Update on the first contract.....

Broker: www.dvcbyresale.com
Title Company: Jeffery Sweet
Offer made: 1/7/21
Offer accepted: 1/9/21
Sent to ROFR: 1/15/21
Passed ROFR: 2/6/21
Closing docs received: 2/15/21
Closing docs returned: 3/5/21
Seller returned closing docs: 2/21/21
Closing: 3/8/21
Deed recorded: 3/9/21
Contract Showing on Membership: 3/27/21
Points in account:

Broker: www.**********.com
Title Company: Jeffery Sweet
Offer made: 3/8/21
Offer accepted: 3/9/21
Sent to ROFR: 3/10/21
Passed ROFR:
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Seller returned closing docs:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Broker: dvcsales.com
Title Company: Mason Title

Offer made: 2/17/21
Offer accepted: 2/18/21
Sent to ROFR: 2/20/21
Passed ROFR: 3/11/21

Closing docs received: 3/26/21
Closing docs returned: 3/26/21
Seller returned closing docs: 4/7/2021
Closing: 4/8/2021
Deed recorded: 4/9/2021
New Membership created: 4/22/2021
Points in account: 4/23/2021

total time from offer made to points received = 65 days

This is our first contract and I can't wait to return to Florida. Hoping for August 2021:earsboy:

Last edited:
I haven’t officially put in my info yet because hubs surprised me with this contract so I’m not 100% about the offer date. But I’m pretty sure this is correct.

Home: VGF
Offer made: 1/27/21
Offer accepted: 1/27/21
Sent to ROFR: 1/28/21
Passed ROFR: 2/17/21
Estoppel Received: ?
Closing docs received: 3/5/21
Closing docs returned: 3/5/21
Sellers closing docs returned: ?
Closing: 3/22/21
Deed recorded: 3/24/21
Membership created & contract showing:
Points in account:
Total Time from Offer to Points in Account:

Home: PVB
Offer made: 2/26/21
Offer accepted: 2/26/21
Sent to ROFR: 3/3/21
Passed ROFR: 3/25/21
Estoppel Received:
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Sellers closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in account:

Has anyone in the past seen Disney “rush” membership creation if they see “distressed” points? Or am I assuming too much that DVC has a soul?

At one time, when you could reach them by phone, people were successful in getting a CM to process sooner...now, I doubt, but I’d send an email to them regardless.

At one time, when you could reach them by phone, people were successful in getting a CM to process sooner...now, I doubt, but I’d send an email to them regardless.
What email address is that? I have seen it posted before just not sure where.

When setting up dvc membership- did the title company send copy of closing documents? When I first logged in it wanted notarized copy of closing documents and copy of ID. Did you submit these items. New DVC account.

When setting up dvc membership- did the title company send copy of closing documents? When I first logged in it wanted notarized copy of closing documents and copy of ID. Did you submit these items. New DVC account.

Did you get your membership ID and activation code?

We were told by our title company they would send documents to Disney within 24 hours of closing.
Ok! I thought that was the case. I just have the account and no points still!! I wanted to make sure I do my part to not delay- hoping to use my points this summer...it will definitely be a split stay but I want to get it on the books. This wait 😆 worse than rofr wait. My contracts were recorded 3/4 and 3/5.

Ok! I thought that was the case. I just have the account and no points still!! I wanted to make sure I do my part to not delay- hoping to use my points this summer...it will definitely be a split stay but I want to get it on the books. This wait 😆 worse than rofr wait. My contracts were recorded 3/4 and 3/5.

I totally get it! We have points expiring July and still waiting for membership number and activation code! We were recorded 3.18 so we still have some to wait. EEP!

Hope your points load soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter