Home Resort: Grand Floridian
Broker: https://www.*************.com
Title Company: https://www.dvcclosings.com
Offer made: 12/5
Offer accepted: 12/6
Sent to ROFR: 12/6
Passed ROFR: 12/20
Closing docs received: 12/20
Closing docs returned: 12/20 (12/21 seller)
Closing: 12/28
Deed recorded: 01/02/2024
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

What did you ask them in chat? I keep asking and they said it takes 6-8 weeks for points to show up.
I'm assuming you got your points by now? I'm a couple weeks behind you and just wondering how it went for you, if you don't mind. I also got BWV with the same companies.

FINAL UPDATE
Home Resort: OKW
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: www.magicvacationtitle.com
Offer made: 8/2/23
Offer accepted: 8/2/23
Sent to ROFR: 8/4/23
Passed ROFR: 8/28/23
Closing docs received: 11/14/23
Closing docs returned: 11/20/23
Closing: 12/18/23
Deed recorded: 12/21/23
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 12/28/23
Points in account: 12/29/23

Chat helped load the points. We knew we were going to close in December even though we did the offer adn ROFR earlier.

Excited for our first trip!
What did you ask the CM in the chat? My use year is in June and I need to bank the available 2023 points before January 31. Otherwise I wouldn’t even push them.

What did you ask the CM in the chat? My use year is in June and I need to bank the available 2023 points before January 31. Otherwise I wouldn’t even push them.
I said we were ready to book now / wanted to book now for a home resort stay that was about 9 months out. I said I'd be happy if they could get the points, or if they could make the reservation for me.

I actually chatted twice, once on the 28th, and chat said they couldn't get the points that day. I felt a little weird asking again the very next day, but with the New Year holiday coming up figured I wouldn't get the opportunity for a while and many people seemed to be getting the points after 7 ish days, so if I waited until after New Year's I might not get the points after asking (and the resulting speed boost) at all. So when I asked on the 29th if they could get the points I knew it would be my last time requesting either way.

The points for the Sept '24 reservation were all from my '24 UY, so I did not have the same banking concerns you do.

I said we were ready to book now / wanted to book now for a home resort stay that was about 9 months out. I said I'd be happy if they could get the points, or if they could make the reservation for me.

I actually chatted twice, once on the 28th, and chat said they couldn't get the points that day. I felt a little weird asking again the very next day, but with the New Year holiday coming up figured I wouldn't get the opportunity for a while and many people seemed to be getting the points after 7 ish days, so if I waited until after New Year's I might not get the points after asking (and the resulting speed boost) at all. So when I asked on the 29th if they could get the points I knew it would be my last time requesting either way.

The points for the Sept '24 reservation were all from my '24 UY, so I did not have the same banking concerns you do.
Got it! Thank you!! The deed was just recorded yesterday so I still haven’t gotten the email from Disney and I’m hoping they’ll show up on the system by the 23rd at least.

Home Resort: Old Key West Extended
Broker: ****************.com
Title Company: Cammy @ DVC Title & Closings
Offer made: 12/8/23
Offer accepted: 12/9/23
Sent to ROFR: 12/12/23
Passed ROFR: 12/21/23
Closing docs received: 12/23
Closing docs returned: 12/23
Closing: 1/4/24
Deed recorded: 1/8/24
Contract Showing on Membership 1/19 (existing member):
Points in account: 1/23

Days Total: 46

Last edited:
Home Resort: Bay Lake Tower
Broker: https://www.dvcstore.com/
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 11/28/2023
Offer accepted: 11/28/2023
Sent to ROFR: 11/29/2023
Passed ROFR: 12/13/2023
Closing docs received: 12/18/2023
Closing docs returned: 12/18/2023
Closing: 12/26/2023
Deed recorded: 12/28/2023
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 01/05/2024
Points in account: 08/01/2024 (Asked via chat to make a booking which prompted the points to be loaded)

Days Total: 40 Days from offer to points loaded

Home Resort: Bay Lake Tower
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 11/28/2023
Offer accepted: 11/28/2023
Sent to ROFR: 11/29/2023
Passed ROFR: 12/13/2023
Closing docs received: 12/18/2023
Closing docs returned: 12/18/2023
Closing: 12/26/2023
Deed recorded: 12/28/2023
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 01/05/2024
Points in account: 08/01/2024 (Asked via chat to make a booking which prompted the points to be loaded)

Days Total: 40 Days from offer to points loaded
You were lucky. We had the same closing date and the same day the contract showed in my account. I got on chat, she said she could expedite it if I made a reservation. She started to ask our dates, the resort, the guests, etc. “while I ask the supervisor department if your points are available”. So far, so good. Then she types “my apologies. Your points are not here yet. check back in a few days”. 🤦🏻‍♀️

We closed on 4 resale contracts at 3 different resorts on Dec 29th so we should hopefully be getting our activation email soon. We will be new dvc members, and all 4 contracts have the same use year, same names on the deeds, closed the same day, and all with the same title company. Will we get just one set of emails with membership number and activation code, then just use that one login and wait for the points to be loaded? Or will we get a different set of emails for each contract, then somehow merge them together later?

Has anyone else joined with multiple contracts all at once? Any insight would be appreciated!

I know sellers have until a certain date to which they can legally wait until to send closing documents (Feb 5th in our case) but I sent final payments and all my closing documents 12/13, nearly a month ago now. Am I just really impatient or is this taking an annoyingly long time?

I know sellers have until a certain date to which they can legally wait until to send closing documents (Feb 5th in our case) but I sent final payments and all my closing documents 12/13, nearly a month ago now. Am I just really impatient or is this taking an annoyingly long time?

Thst is pretty long time for a seller to wait…has the title company given you any indication as to why?

Some sellers, especially if the financed, have to bring money to the table to close and thst can delay things.

And, all resorts are selling less than they were the past few years, so that could hold things up

Thst is pretty long time for a seller to wait…has the title company given you any indication as to why?

Some sellers, especially if the financed, have to bring money to the table to close and thst can delay things.

And, all resorts are selling less than they were the past few years, so that could hold things up
Nope, I’ve asked twice now and they just keep saying they’re still waiting on the sellers documents 🤷🏼‍♀️ Is there a time I can start being a bit more forceful with my emails? As it is I’ve lost the 11mo window for an early-mid December trip.

Nope, I’ve asked twice now and they just keep saying they’re still waiting on the sellers documents 🤷🏼‍♀️ Is there a time I can start being a bit more forceful with my emails? As it is I’ve lost the 11mo window for an early-mid December trip.

Not really because you can’t cancel the contract without losing your deposit until after the closing date.

Let’s hope it happens soon!

Update #2

Home Resort: Grand Floridian
Broker: https://www.*************.com
Title Company: https://www.dvcclosings.com
Offer made: 12/5
Offer accepted: 12/6
Sent to ROFR: 12/6
Closing docs received: 12/20
Closing docs returned: 12/20 (12/21 seller)
Closing: 12/28
Deed recorded: 01/02/2024
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 01/11/2024
Points in account:
Days Total:

Note: I have not contacted member services. Just letting it all flow naturally for accurate reporting of wait time.

Update #1

Home Resort: AUL
Title Company: https://www.firstam.com
Offer made: 12/9
Offer accepted: 12/9
Sent to ROFR: 12/10
Closing docs received (buyer): 1/4/24
Closing docs returned (buyer): 1/4/24
Closing docs returned (seller):
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Days Total: 33

Belated update: The First American hacking took a toll on this one. It sounds like the docs were prepared way back on 12/21, but with the hack occurring that day, everything shut down at FirstAm. Got the docs finally last Thursday, so now just waiting for the sellers to get their act together. I know we've only had the docs since Thursday, but we cleared ROFR way back on 12/20 so it's not like they shouldn't have had their ducks in a line.

Home Resort: PVB
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/
Title Company: http://www.firstam.com/
Offer made: 11/18/23
Offer accepted: 11/19/23
Sent to ROFR: 11/21/23
Passed ROFR: 12/6/23
Closing docs received: 12/12/23
Closing docs returned (buyer): 12/13/23
Closing: ?
Deed recorded: 12/26/23 (I was told that Disney was notified of the change of ownership on 1/2/24)
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 1/11/24
Points in account:

Days Total: 54

Home Resort: AKL
Broker: fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: firstam.com
Offer made: 12/8/23
Offer accepted: 12/11/23
Sent to ROFR: 12/14/23
Passed ROFR: 12/22/23
Closing docs received: 1/12/24
Closing docs returned: 1/12/24
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Unfortunately 3 week delay in closing documents thanks to the firstam hack - hopefully we're back on track now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter