Club run disney

Anyone know if the club spots sell out during the registration window as quickly as the races do?

Eta: I mean signing up to be a member of club rundisney, not the spots they get to register early for in races.
Short answer: not quite but you should sign up as soon as it's available.

Long answer: IIRC it's more complicated because of the tiers involved. Platinum gets first dibs at re-upping, then Gold gets the opportunity to upgrade to Platinum or stay at Gold. Whatever is left goes to new people. Last year I think Platinum had sold out before new people had a chance but they were able to sign up for Gold. There was a queue, IIRC it went away eventually but membership may have sold out that day. If you REALLY wanted to go to platinum eventually you had to sign up for Gold first and you'd get your chance the next year. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.

Short answer: not quite but you should sign up as soon as it's available.

Long answer: IIRC it's more complicated because of the tiers involved. Platinum gets first dibs at re-upping, then Gold gets the opportunity to upgrade to Platinum or stay at Gold. Whatever is left goes to new people. Last year I think Platinum had sold out before new people had a chance but they were able to sign up for Gold. There was a queue, IIRC it went away eventually but membership may have sold out that day. If you REALLY wanted to go to platinum eventually you had to sign up for Gold first and you'd get your chance the next year. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.
Got it, that makes sense. Definitely would be going for gold, not platinum, so good to know there were gold spots after the existing member renewal period ended.

There is also a silver level, which doesn't offer much, but it will get you in the door. If gold isn't available as a new member, grab a silver and you'll probably be able to upgrade next year.

There is also a silver level, which doesn't offer much, but it will get you in the door. If gold isn't available as a new member, grab a silver and you'll probably be able to upgrade next year.
Yeah I thought about mentioning that and it's definitely an option if Gold sells out. I don't think it was an issue last year though, as long as you jumped in the queue when registration opened you could get Gold. I'm curious to see what happens this year.

I wish this were the case. As a current silver member, I haven't received any communication regarding upgrading to gold or platinum ahead of the general population. Seems as if you'll need to get lucky with the queue to get Gold/platinum. Have we heard any news regarding gold/platinum registration dates?

I hope I'm wrong, but seems to be the case.

I wish this were the case. As a current silver member, I haven't received any communication regarding upgrading to gold or platinum ahead of the general population. Seems as if you'll need to get lucky with the queue to get Gold/platinum. Have we heard any news regarding gold/platinum registration dates?

I hope I'm wrong, but seems to be the case.
Registration/upgrading likely won’t be until May—last year general registration was May 23, and it looks like platinum renewal was May 2

Did anyone get the e-mail with the link to register for marathon weekend today? (I have not gotten it! Looking to register for my first Dopey!)

Not yet, but they roll them out through the day usually. If you don't have one by tomorrow, reach out to CrD and they'll get it straightened out.

Hi everyone! Same request as for previous weekends: if anyone has received their Club rD emails for Springtime expo access times, would you please share details here? Thanks!

Whoa, big-ish news:

1713293642552.png

Email was weird - IMPT is odd and the lack of a name token, too. Wonder if it was sent prematurely?

Been budgeting for another year so curious to see when renewals come out

EDIT: Sorry for the small text, CRD is supposedly switching to calendar-based timing so they're extending benefits by 3 mos into W&D this year for members

Looks like club runDisney is switching to running over the calendar year instead of a race season. Just got an email saying my current membership is being extended 3 months and will now renew January 1st.

Edit: Looks like I was typing as kristenabelle was posting!

Super bummed about the email I just received from RunDisney extending the season and making it calendar year now. Great news for Gold and Platinum but not so great news for silver me who was hoping to upgrade for the next races :( I was actually somewhat counting on not having to worry for some races and have already made plans. Oh well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter