Club run disney

I signed up for runDisney when they first introduced it (silver), and the pandemic hit and when time came to sign up again, they extended our time another year (I got two years for the price of one... THAT was worth it even without any corral bumps :))

Two jackets (black and gold = nice, the blue and gold... yikes), two car magnets... nice swag... more than I got at the Springtime Surprise (the surprise was, wait until day 2 to hit ESPN and surprise! Most things are sold out or sizes become very limited).

Wine & Dine November 3-6, 2022 (SOLD OUT)
Marathon Jan 4-8 2023 (SOLD OUT)
Princess Half Marathon Feb 23-26 (SALE JUNE 14, 2022)
Springtime Surprise April 13-16, 2023 (SALE AUGUST 16, 2022)

From the schedule, it appears that I would only join for the one run before renewal pops up again...

RENEWAL REMINDER: Current Club runDisney membership will expire on September 30, 2022

Unlike a lot of you, I'm not an avid attendee of the races, I generally will do one a year... it's my vacation, so I stay at a resort, hit the parks, etc.

So I'm trying to figure out -- is there any benefit for me to renew?

I suppose my fridge can use more magnets... how can you have too many jackets?

And, sometimes I think... getting so many of these HUGE medals... it's too much.. so much so I think I need a room just to display them! Believe me, when I get to the finish line and get that victory banana... I do enjoy receiving the medal(s).

I cannot recall all the details of the initial benefits, but it definitely seems like there's more to them (albeit more on the platinum side than the others) now.

Last edited:
I signed up for runDisney when they first introduced it (silver), and the pandemic hit and when time came to sign up again, they extended our time another year.

Two jackets (black and gold = nice, the blue and gold... yikes), two car magnets... nice swag... more than I got at the Springtime Surprise (the surprise was, wait until day 2 to hit ESPN and surprise! Most things are sold out or sizes become very limited).

Wine & Dine November 3-6, 2022 (SOLD OUT)
Marathon Jan 4-8 2023 (SOLD OUT)
Princess Half Marathon Feb 23-26 (SALE JUNE 14, 2022)
Springtime Surprise April 13-16, 2023 (SALE AUGUST 16, 2022)

From the schedule, it appears that I would only join for the one run before renewal pops up again...

RENEWAL REMINDER: Current Club runDisney membership will expire on September 30, 2022

Unlike a lot of you, I'm not an avid attendee of the races, I generally will do one a year... it's my vacation, so I stay at a resort, hit the parks, etc.

So I'm trying to figure out -- is there any benefit for me to renew?

I suppose my fridge can use more magnets... how can you have too many jackets?

And, sometimes I think... getting so many of these HUGE medals... it's too much.. so much so I think I need a room just to display them! Believe me, when I get to the finish line and get that victory banana... I do enjoy receiving the medal(s).

I cannot recall all the details of the initial benefits, but it definitely seems like there's more to them (albeit more on the platinum side than the others) now.
If you aren't doing more than 1 race weekend a year and that isn't a MUST do, I'm not sure the benefit is there for the cost. It's your decision, but Club runDisney really seems aimed at those that plan on multiple race weekends every year and plan trips around just those events.

Did you get an upgraded corral?

That is my main reason to consider it, so that I can stop for the photos etc without worrying by the balloon ladies much

That is my main reason to consider it, so that I can stop for the photos etc without worrying by the balloon ladies much
During the Springtime run I stopped for alot of pictures, balloon ladies were so close all the time! One stop for a picture a guy says that "before the lines goes down they'll catch up.!"... had to run.

Not sure who the question was for, but only Platinum members get the upgraded corral benefit.

It's a pretty big investment just for that, nearly $900. Depends on what is important to you, but I'm not sure that's worth the cost by itself either. 🤷‍♂️

I don't see this clearly explained on the runDisney website.

At Silver level, I understand that you do NOT get any guaranteed race entries.

But, are you able to register during the Club runDisney early registration window? Or do Silvers have to wait until general race registration opens?

Thanks in advance!

But, are you able to register during the Club runDisney early registration window? Or do Silvers have to wait until general race registration opens?

Thanks in advance!
It's listed at the bottom of [www] rundisney com [/] club-rundisney (this would be a valid URL but the forum keeps accusing me of spam when I try to post a valid Disney web address... probably need to have x number of posts to be allowed? Cannot find forum rules)

Last edited:

Thanks in advance!
You have to wait until general.

I was silver for the first two years of the club and can confirm you do NOT get guaranteed OR early registration for any races. (At the time I made that decision because I had early reg from DVC/AP, which went away shortly after the club was created). You also don't get early entry to merch at the Expo or a special pickup area. You get a jacket, virtual race medal and a quarter-size club logo on your bib at any in-person races you do during your membership period. IMHO, the perks simply are not worth the cost at silver level, even though we were essentially gifted the second year of membership (and a second jacket and medal) due the pandemic and lack of in-person races. (I just upgraded, which was the first opportunity we were given to do so.)

It's listed at the bottom of [www] rundisney com [/] club-rundisney (this would be a valid URL but the forum keeps accusing me of spam when I try to post a valid Disney web address... probably need to have x number of posts to be allowed? Cannot find forum rules)
Let me try. Link here.

I was silver for the first two years of the club and can confirm you do NOT get guaranteed OR early registration for any races. (At the time I made that decision because I had early reg from DVC/AP, which went away shortly after the club was created). You also don't get early entry to merch at the Expo or a special pickup area. You get a jacket, virtual race medal and a quarter-size club logo on your bib at any in-person races you do during your membership period. IMHO, the perks simply are not worth the cost at silver level, even though we were essentially gifted the second year of membership (and a second jacket and medal) due the pandemic and lack of in-person races. (I just upgraded, which was the first opportunity we were given to do so.)
I don't know... I think the two jackets, magnets, medals was pretty good value for the money... but the same money for one year? Absolutely not.

Does anyone remember what time registration has opened in the past? The website just says May 3rd right now, but I'm curious about timing.

It's only been open for public registration once -- when they first launched it -- so there isn't much history to go by. Most races open at 8am Eastern. My confirmation email shows I signed up on February 18, 2020, at 11:22am Eastern.

Hi.. do you know pls what time the club runndisney new registrations open tomorrow?
Thanks!

I think I’ll be with you. Maybe we can chill in the corrals together. Which races are you doing again? I’m contemplating getting the Disney CC and paying it off immediately so I can get $300 “off” because $800 is so much though… does anyone here have experience with a Disney CC?
We have the CC. The return is pretty poor to be honest. We have other cards that are much better

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter