The only one out of line here is that one weirdo who buys name brand simple syrup. Helpful hint: Sugar +water + heat, pour into container. Literally easier than driving to the store.
Probably why they call it simple 🧐
Nothing to see here, officer.

To be precise:

Equal portions of water and sugar. Bring to boil. Cool. Store in fridge until mold forms (which takes like 3 months). I like to be fancy and use Turbinado cane sugar.

Kentucky Mule…refreshing and my fav bartenders at GCH know just how I like it made!
  • 2 ounces bourbon (Knob Creek, please. I keep my Blanton’s for straight up)
  • 1/2 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
  • Ginger beer, to top
  • Garnish: mint sprig

We do weekly porch parties at our house with the neighbors, it's a good way to try out unusual made up drinks. A winner has been something I'm calling "fix 'in what Al's( pronounced ails) you". It's s bit sweet and great for an after dinner drink. 2 shots of bourbon (I like New Riff for this), Al8 cherry soda (hence the name) but any cherry cola will work, squeeze of lime and ice. Top it off with a luxardo cherry and a line wedge.

The only one out of line here is that one weirdo who buys name brand simple syrup. Helpful hint: Sugar +water + heat, pour into container. Literally easier than driving to the store.
Probably why they call it simple 🧐
Nothing to see here, officer.

i feel attacked...lol
We do make our own, with demerara sugar. Sometimes, I'm just like, meh, I don't feel like messing with anything, so let's use the Barsmiths. it's just something to have on hand.

Also, I like having mixers on hand. Makes things easy when we want something specifc quickly. I like the Bittermilk brand. The grapefruit one is terrific with vodka.

We are starting some shrubs next weekend, for the first time; we're going to the farmers market to see if we can get some good fruit. Blackberry Thyme; Strawberry basil; Peach cardamom honey; and Apple cinnamon flavors.

We do weekly porch parties at our house with the neighbors, it's a good way to try out unusual made up drinks. A winner has been something I'm calling "fix 'in what Al's( pronounced ails) you". It's s bit sweet and great for an after dinner drink. 2 shots of bourbon (I like New Riff for this), Al8 cherry soda (hence the name) but any cherry cola will work, squeeze of lime and ice. Top it off with a luxardo cherry and a line wedge.
I’ll have one of those, please. ☝🏻

i feel attacked...lol
We do make our own, with demerara sugar. Sometimes, I'm just like, meh, I don't feel like messing with anything, so let's use the Barsmiths. it's just something to have on hand.

Also, I like having mixers on hand. Makes things easy when we want something specifc quickly. I like the Bittermilk brand. The grapefruit one is terrific with vodka.

We are starting some shrubs next weekend, for the first time; we're going to the farmers market to see if we can get some good fruit. Blackberry Thyme; Strawberry basil; Peach cardamom honey; and Apple cinnamon flavors.
Just a playful prodding. No bad intentions. 😋

We copied a Prohibition Lemonade recipe from Old Chicago a few years back

Crown Royal
Lemonade (preferably Tropicana but others work well too like Kirkland brand)
Sour mix

For the most part we don't keep sour mix on hand so we'll buy it then have stuff for a while without it. Most of the time my husband just prefers Crown Royal and lemonade

It's a very simple and yet refreshing summer drink.

DH has gotten into cocktail making recently. To give you a better scope of how into it he is, two months ago we owned a cheap shaker that came in a package deal with some vodka about 20 years ago; and a set of wine glasses (4 each red/white) and a single champagne flute from NYE 2000. :rotfl2: We drank beer, wine, or an occasional easy mixed drink, like rum & coke. [sidenote: they need to bring Zima back permanently. I miss that stuff.]

He has since purchased: a bar cart; multiple bar tools including a strainer, big spoon, shaker, etc; glass sets, including rocks, double rocks, collins, tiki, coupe, margarita, and Irish coffee mugs, and some I probably forgot here; and about $1K in various alcohol/mixers/cherries/etc. :banana: He spent sooo much time looking up what's considered the best in various categories.

Also, he watches a Youtube channel about making drinks [How To Drink]. Guy is pretty funny; he has a couple of shows about Disney and Star Wars drinks, btw.

So here are DH'stwo current go-to, easy recipes, with brands in ():

Gin Mule

1 mint sprig
1oz Simple Syrup (Barsmith brand)
3/4 oz fresh lime juice
1-3/4 oz gin (Aviation)
1 oz ginger beer (Bundaberg)
Strip of lime peel (zest only)
Mint sprig and lime slice for garnish
Crushed ice for shaking; giant ice ball for serving

In a shaker, muddle the mint, syrup, and lime. Add gin, ginger beer, and ice, and shake. Crush lime peel slightly and put into highball glass, with ice ball. Strain shaker into highball glass; top with fresh mint and a lime slice.

(we don't use the copper mugs, because we prefer using a glass.
=-=-------------------------------------------------------------

Whiskey Sour

2 oz bourbon (Whistlepig)
3/4 oz fresh lemon juice
3/4 oz simple syrup (Barsmith)
Strip of orange peel (zest only)
orange slice and cherry (Luxardo) for garnish
crushed ice and giant ice ball

Mix bourbon, lemon juice and syrup in shaker. Add ice and shake. Crush orange peel slightly and put into highball glass, with ice ball; add shaker. Garnish with orange and cherry.
-------------------------------------------------

I'm in the same boat. Became sort of obsessed with cocktails and cocktail culture during covid. Have bought lots of stuff for crafting cocktails. I have found though that a very simple Old Fashioned is my favorite.

Recommendation: There was a show called best "Bars in America" Used to be on travel channel. Two comedians who like cocktails go to great bars all over the place and try tons of different cocktails. Always describe what's in them and have conversations with great old school bar tenders and mixologists. I enjoyed it.

Great thread!
I’m looking forward to reading through it later.
We don’t make any cocktails at home, but I’m looking forward to trying some of your recipes.

And a sneaky concoction called a Fuzzy Leprechaun..

• 1 oz Peach Schnapps
  • 1 oz Blue Curacao
  • 1 oz Vodka
  • ½ oz Orange Juice
  • ½ oz Pineapple Juice
  • Garnish with an orange and cherry

I keep my drinks pretty simple, gin & tonic, Moscow mule, vodka & sparkling water.

St. Germain
Champage
Flavored Vodka of your choice
Sometimes add white wine too.

A great summertime refresher
Was at an afternoon wedding in England over the weekend and they had a mix of 1 part elderflower cordial and 2 parts prosecco. Really good afternoon refresher, I brought home an extra bottle of the elderflower cordial, did some googling to determine that in the UK a cordial is non-alcoholic.

My sister and I make rum punch on the regular (what we call it is not appropriate for the DIS). It's never exactly the same, but somehow always tastes the same.

For a 2-3 quart pitcher combine:
~1 cup rum (white or gold)
~1 cup spiced rum
~1 cup fruity rum (pineapple, tropical, passionfruit)
maybe another cup of a different fruity flavored rum
pour some blue curacao in there
maybe some coconut rum if you have it on hand. Not too much, a little goes a long way
splash of falernum
generous dash of bitters (Angostura, orange, or grapefruit, usually)
juice of 3-4 limes
fill the rest with fruit juices (pineapple, passionfruit, guava, mango)

Drink from a tiki mug with crushed ice and popping boba balls

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter