• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

College Program Parents Thread...

Thank you, Lisa! I'm surprised there were not any for EPCOT for October last year. That's great news because I/we will be mostly interested in EPCOT for Food and Wine and could go a day during the week maybe for Halloween to MK.

reesecup said:
Thank you both! Stitchlovestink, I'm confused on what you are saying about the 6 and 7 day and the 10th?

The reason I'm asking this, is because our dd was so excited and told some family members she would be able to get them in. Well.....our family (myself, her dad and her brother) will more than likely use most of the 6 tickets when we go down for early Dec. (well, our ds might use one since he will only be about 2 hours away from her). So, there goes all 6 days. Didn't know if we could offer the family members the discount she could get for them (with her buying them). I also wanted to go down around October. I wish they got more tickets but thankful for what they are getting so don't want to sound ungrateful! I was asking about consecutive days because I know the first three days of parks are the most expensive. Thanks for your input! (both of you)

I was referring to the length of a purchased ticket. I thought you were asking about buying discounted tickets through your daughter/son. I was saying last year they did have the option to buy a 6 or 7 day ticket at Company D but I could not remember if there was an option for a 10 day one. But it seems that they have done away with that option this year. Oh well... sorry for confusing you when I was just trying to help! :)

I was referring to the length of a purchased ticket. I thought you were asking about buying discounted tickets through your daughter/son. I was saying last year they did have the option to buy a 6 or 7 day ticket at Company D but I could not remember if there was an option for a 10 day one. But it seems that they have done away with that option this year. Oh well... sorry for confusing you when I was just trying to help! :)

Oh, no! It's completely fine. I just was not sure what you were talking about. I wish they did have a 10 day ticket!! Thanks so much for trying to help.

Does anyone know if there is ever the chance that other students may not use all of their 6 days and we might could might possibly get more that way? I know that would be a shot in the dark.

reesecup said:
Oh, no! It's completely fine. I just was not sure what you were talking about. I wish they did have a 10 day ticket!! Thanks so much for trying to help.

Does anyone know if there is ever the chance that other students may not use all of their 6 days and we might could might possibly get more that way? I know that would be a shot in the dark.

You could ask her if she has any friends who might not be using theirs, but they are not allowed to 'sell' them... AND However herein lies the BIGGER issue. They are told that they are RESPONSIBLE for the people that they let into the parks on those passes. If you bring family in, then you are allowed to leave them. If you bring OTHER GUESTS in, technically the CM is really NOT supposed to leave them in the parks unattended. The CM is responsible for them and if there is any problem....well that CM has just put their job on the line. KWIM? So for the most part CMs are pretty hesitant to take that risk. :)

You could ask her if she has any friends who might not be using theirs, but they are not allowed to 'sell' them... AND However herein lies the BIGGER issue. They are told that they are RESPONSIBLE for the people that they let into the parks on those passes. If you bring family in, then you are allowed to leave them. If you bring OTHER GUESTS in, technically the CM is really NOT supposed to leave them in the parks unattended. The CM is responsible for them and if there is any problem....well that CM has just put their job on the line. KWIM? So for the most part CMs are pretty hesitant to take that risk. :)

Oh, ok. I certainly would not want to get someone in trouble. I just thought maybe they would be allowed to do that. Thanks for the information!

Yes, CMs can buy APs with their discount. I just didn't mention it because the PP didn't mention APs.

The discount is only 10%, so very possibly a better discount can be found using other companies. I know we used Undercover Tourist years ago, but I haven't checked lately so I'm not sure of their prices.

In the past there were longer day ticket options available but they discontinued those (I think last year), so now the only options are 1-5 days or AP.

Yes, the CM must use their own credit card (or cash) to pay for the tickets, and they must be purchased at Company D, not at the gates. However, they can also be purchased over the phone and either mailed to the recipient or picked up at Will Call.

2014 Block Out Dates have only been released through August as of now. Here were last year's October dates for reference:

2013 Block Out Dates
MK
Friday, October 4th
Saturday, October 5th
Friday, October 11th
Saturday, October 12th
Friday, October 18th
Saturday, October 19th
Friday, October 25th
Saturday, October 26th

Epcot, DHS, DAK - None

My DD did the CP in 2010 so that's why I'm subscribed to this thread. Now I'm a Seasonal CM and I'm happy to help anyone with questions like this, so feel free to ask. :)

Thanks. We are planning to go Sunday October 12 - Monday October 13 (MNSSHP on Monday night) - doesn't look like we will be blocked out of any parks those two days. I want my mom to experience as much as she can!

I just went ahead and bought me and my other daughter an AP so we can go visit CP daughter whenever we want. I don't want the hassle of dealing with black out dates and her having to come in with us. It's been nice this week since she's busy with check in and I'm heading to the parks every day!

I just went ahead and bought me and my other daughter an AP so we can go visit CP daughter whenever we want. I don't want the hassle of dealing with black out dates and her having to come in with us. It's been nice this week since she's busy with check in and I'm heading to the parks every day!

May I ask how much an AP is with the discount? Or did you not use a discount? We went in Jan. of this year and I could kick myself for not going ahead and getting AP's then.

May I ask how much an AP is with the discount? Or did you not use a discount? We went in Jan. of this year and I could kick myself for not going ahead and getting AP's then.

We're DVC so my pass was $530 after tax. I have been using the military discount for the past few trips I've taken...but after realizing how many times I went and how "cheap" the DVC AP is I could kick myself!! I just didn't realize how many times I was going to be going!!

MichelleVW said:
We're DVC so my pass was $530 after tax. I have been using the military discount for the past few trips I've taken...but after realizing how many times I went and how "cheap" the DVC AP is I could kick myself!! I just didn't realize how many times I was going to be going!!
Wow! I bought a FL resident AP that I used in 2012/ 2013 and I paid $389 incl tax. Prices just Keep going up and up!
But honestly I think it was a wise investment. I commuted from MD to visit DD and ended up spending 38 nights at the hotel using her CM discount. Some trips when I was paying $51 (final price) per night, it cost me just as much to fly back/forth as it did for a 5 night stay! LOL.
I figured out at one point I had 77 nights at WDW & on DCL in under 18 months. Love those great discounts!!

Hey, guys I need some advice. We dropped our daughter off Monday for her DCP and she has been sick every since. She hasn't been able to drink or eat much of anything due to nausea. Nerves and homesick, I'm sure. Anyway, her traditions are today and she is so weak she is afraid she is going to faint during the touring part of her trip. We called our insurance on call nurse hotline last night and the advised her to have clear liquids only until she got her appetite back. I'm not sure that is going to give her the energy she needs. I would say she is suffering from dehydration. Is there anyone she can talk to about her fears and not feeling well? Like an advisor or counselor? Would it be possible to change her traditions? I know it is late in the arrival seasons and not sure there are even anymore scheduled. I hope you all can help. I'm becoming a nervous wreck!!!

She can go to the Disney Service Center. She should have info in the documents she received at check in. I believe it is at Vista Way.

Man, it's times like this, I wish we had never sold our DVC. I need to check in to how much an AP is without the discount. I was thinking though, since our ds will be a full-time student in Florida, will he be eligible for the Florida resident discount?

Hey, guys I need some advice. We dropped our daughter off Monday for her DCP and she has been sick every since. She hasn't been able to drink or eat much of anything due to nausea. Nerves and homesick, I'm sure. Anyway, her traditions are today and she is so weak she is afraid she is going to faint during the touring part of her trip. We called our insurance on call nurse hotline last night and the advised her to have clear liquids only until she got her appetite back. I'm not sure that is going to give her the energy she needs. I would say she is suffering from dehydration. Is there anyone she can talk to about her fears and not feeling well? Like an advisor or counselor? Would it be possible to change her traditions? I know it is late in the arrival seasons and not sure there are even anymore scheduled. I hope you all can help. I'm becoming a nervous wreck!!!

I hope your daughter gets to feeling better soon! I'm sorry I can't help you with your question but I'm sure someone can. I hope our DD does ok when she moves in on the 11th but she has been living 4 hours away for the past 2 years, so I think/hope she will adjust ok. Hope she feels better soon and you can feel better about it all!

Hope your daughter is feeling better!! I was in the Air Force and felt sick the entire first week of basic...it was rough!!!

My daughter has been living so far from home for so long that this isn't a big stress for her. Plus being a military brat she's used to moving a lot.

She's doing traditions this morning and as soon as she's done I'm meeting her at Animal Kingdom..it's her favorite park and she wants it to be the first place she goes!!!

Man, it's times like this, I wish we had never sold our DVC. I need to check in to how much an AP is without the discount. I was thinking though, since our ds will be a full-time student in Florida, will he be eligible for the Florida resident discount?

College student IDs are no longer allowed but there are other criteria that might work...a checking account with a FL address, rent booklet. If he is in student housing though it might not work. Check the page with the FL proof page and see if something will work there.

Liz

College student IDs are no longer allowed but there are other criteria that might work...a checking account with a FL address, rent booklet. If he is in student housing though it might not work. Check the page with the FL proof page and see if something will work there.

Liz

Thank you! Ugggh! He will be rooming with a good friend whose family owns the house but it does not have his name on it or anything. I thought maybe we got it figured out. Well, still searching on trying to save some after using using the given 6.

Thank you! Ugggh! He will be rooming with a good friend whose family owns the house but it does not have his name on it or anything. I thought maybe we got it figured out. Well, still searching on trying to save some after using using the given 6.

The CP's do get a 10% discount on tickets purchased by them. I also use undercovertourist.com - sign up for their newsletters and each month one will be emailed to you with a link to discount tix. (They are an authorized ticket seller and their ticket prices include tax, so it is cheaper than purchasing direct from Disney)

The CP's do get a 10% discount on tickets purchased by them. I also use undercovertourist.com - sign up for their newsletters and each month one will be emailed to you with a link to discount tix. (They are an authorized ticket seller and their ticket prices include tax, so it is cheaper than purchasing direct from Disney)

I'm sorry for the confusion. Our DD is the one who will be the CP. Our son, however, will be moving to Florida to attend Ringling College or Art & Design, so he is the one I was actually asking about. His roommate's parents own the home in Florida.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter