College Program Questions Thread, Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Joanna! Do you get any choice in where you work and what you do? And if you end up in a restaurant do you switch between front and back of house? Do you get any say in the matter or do Disney just place you where they think is best?

I think so. Just put in a request. It can't hurt to ask. And yes. I had days where I worked in both the front and the back (sometimes more then once).

with qs f and b, its similar to working in any fast food place, you could be doing cashier work, counter work (handing food/drinks to guest) or bussing (cleaning tables, trash,etc)

hope that's helpful..

justin

At Casey's, the tables went to custodial. We didn't have to bus them ourselves.

Will my DDs (10 & 12) be able to go with me to check-in? They are so excited and really want to see the process!

Will my DDs (10 & 12) be able to go with me to check-in? They are so excited and really want to see the process!

They can go to Vista. But they can't go around to all the stations. There is a waiting area for family/friends.

They can go to Vista. But they can't go around to all the stations. There is a waiting area for family/friends.

In that case, I'll leave them at the Animal Kingdom Lodge Pool and tell them I'll take photos. ;)

In that case, I'll leave them at the Animal Kingdom Lodge Pool and tell them I'll take photos. ;)

That's what my dad does now. He just drops me off at Vista and goes back to the hotel to wait. He hasn't stayed at Vista since my first CP.

Thanks Joanna! Do you get any choice in where you work and what you do? And if you end up in a restaurant do you switch between front and back of house? Do you get any say in the matter or do Disney just place you where they think is best?

Not really the most honest method, but I found that acting like a weakling (I am a weakling though) in the kitchen during training allowed me not to ever be assigned to the kitchen work (lots of heavy lifting). Also, in my area there were some people that loved the jobs that most other people didn't so it worked out well with them doing the not so fun jobs. But it's usually what you are assigned to do, when we logged in to the computer, it told us where to go, who to break, etc.

Hi all! This is going to be my first cp ever, so I'm pretty nervous, but mind-blowingly excited. But seeing how i'm a newbie, i have a lot of questions. Like how i've heard that a lot of the appliances in vista apartments break often. True? and how secretive do i have to be about being a character performer?

Hi all! This is going to be my first cp ever, so I'm pretty nervous, but mind-blowingly excited. But seeing how i'm a newbie, i have a lot of questions. Like how i've heard that a lot of the appliances in vista apartments break often. True? and how secretive do i have to be about being a character performer?

Well, the Vista apartments are the oldest. But they have been renovating the apartments there. So you have a 50/50 chance of getting older appliances.

Also, you do have to watch what you say about being a performer. Some of the stuff is supposed to be kept a secret.

ok so seeing how in Feb. all tv's must have a converter. Do we need to bring our own or does anyone know if they'll be updating all the apartments with one?

ok so seeing how in Feb. all tv's must have a converter. Do we need to bring our own or does anyone know if they'll be updating all the apartments with one?

No. TV's which will require a converter are only TV's with antennas. They do not apply to cable.

I do believe all the rooms in the apartments are from Satellite, anyhow.

Does anyone know who the cable/satelite provider is? and if Speed tv, Espn, Espn 2, etc. are provided. the reason i ask the disney resorts only offer a limited channel line up ( Espn is included due to the affiliation with the Walt disney company) Speed tv and all other sports channels were no where to be found.

Does anyone know who the cable/satelite provider is? and if Speed tv, Espn, Espn 2, etc. are provided. the reason i ask the disney resorts only offer a limited channel line up ( Espn is included due to the affiliation with the Walt disney company) Speed tv and all other sports channels were no where to be found.

I don't know which provider is used. But the apartments do get ESPN. I watched that station all the time.

Hi! I am starting the CP on January 12!!! My role is Vacation Planning. I have a question about the apartments. Do the apartments have vacuums in them, or do we have to bring our own? I'm sure I'll think of like 20 other questions about the aparments, but this is all I can think of for now. Also, I would love to hear from anyone who has been a Vacation Planner during their CP before. Thanks for all of your help. I am very excited, I only have about 3 weeks until I am down in Disney!!! Happy Holidays everyone!

Hi! I am starting the CP on January 12!!! My role is Vacation Planning. I have a question about the apartments. Do the apartments have vacuums in them, or do we have to bring our own? I'm sure I'll think of like 20 other questions about the aparments, but this is all I can think of for now. Also, I would love to hear from anyone who has been a Vacation Planner during their CP before. Thanks for all of your help. I am very excited, I only have about 3 weeks until I am down in Disney!!! Happy Holidays everyone!

The apartments don't have vacuums in them. But you can borrow one from the clubhouse at your complex.

The apartments don't have vacuums in them. But you can borrow one from the clubhouse at your complex.

Thanks, Joanna!

Is there anything that you realized you had left at home that you wish you had had? Anything not on the list they give us that you think we need? Any advice would be appreciated!

And here is the list that Disney suggests:

Set of linens and bedding (twin-size sheets, pillow, blanket, towels, etc.); TV, VCR, DVD player and a coaxial cable; Stereo (small); Toaster; Coffee Maker; Phone card; Answering machine; Cordless phone (The phone provided in the apartment has a cord.); Cell phone (Check with your current provider for coverage information.); Alarm clock; Beach towel, suntan lotion and/or sunscreen; Camera and film; Casual clothing; Professional clothing (Please refer to the Disney Look Guidelines for assistance.); Sweater or jacket; Dress shoes; Combination lock for the locker in your bedroom; Computer with Ethernet card; Original employment eligibility documents; Cosmetics and toiletries; Credit card and traveler’s checks (if available); Health insurance information; Personal medications, including prescription drugs, if needed; Writing paper, envelopes and pens

The apartments are hooked up to Bright House networks - standard cable. We are in Orange county - Orlando. Go here to see the cable lineup: http://www.cfl.mybrighthouse.com/pr...gital_cable/programming/channels/default.aspx

A good thing to know - you will NOT get ABC Family.

Is there anything that you realized you had left at home that you wish you had had? Anything not on the list they give us that you think we need? Any advice would be appreciated!

There are a couple things I recommend: http://brennailya.livejournal.com/#20769

While the apartments don't get ABC Family you can get plenty of it at work! The TV in my breakroom was basically on ABC Fam alllllll day everyday. We all had the line up memorized. lol

Where did you live. . .I remember when I did my CP(fall 2005, so a while back) vista had a different line up than chatham. . .like vista didn't have MTV, yet chatham did. . .

While the apartments don't get ABC Family you can get plenty of it at work! The TV in my breakroom was basically on ABC Fam alllllll day everyday. We all had the line up memorized. lol

Haha, same here! We shared the break trailor with the Soarin cast and it was always the Suite Life or Hannah Montana or something similar along the lines that made me want to break far far awaaay from the trailor... hahaha

Since were on the topic of TV...:)

On another thread, I was asking about TiVo. Obviously it's not provided, and I have planned on buying my own to bring. However, I want to make sure - TiVo works on just about any TV/TV set up right? Most importantly, before I buy it, I just want to make sure they would work at the CP apts (I will be bringing my own TV). I just wasn't sure how TiVo works, because I have a DVR through my Comcast service at my place currently (you have to have a DVR box set up and add it to your service) - I just want to make sure this is not the case with TiVo, since Disney takes care of cable in the apts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter