Color Swap- Active- Heading towards their homes!

I started, all but finished my red group. I thought it looked Victorian. I decided to play with patterned paper. Now when I look at it I see Christmas!
I plan on posting photos later but do you think it will be ok? Would you mind getting something that looks like Christmas? Also on the squares, I dont know how to finish them off. I have cute snow flake brads but.....
How to know when to retire from swapping~ when nothing is coming together!:scared1:

Hey - Don't get down on yourself! I thought red was the hardest to do. It was the last group I worked on and I changed papers several times before I found what I used. All I could think of was hearts and valentines originally.

Please don't retire from swapping - I love your stuff!

Shawna, I plan on mailing my box on Tuesday!
hope you are having a great weekend!

I sure wish I wasnt afraid to try those pins, those look really neat!
Is that a boarder on the brown? Did you hand make that? I love brown, I think that one is so pretty!

Thanks! Yes there is an embossed border on it. My DH got me some of the cuttlebug embossed border folders for Christmas and I knew it would be perfect for this swap!

Hey Rita, I always love your stuff :goodvibes I'm fine with a Christmassy look :thumbsup2

Here are my groups:

B: blue
IMG_4185.jpg

C: Green
IMG_4184.jpg

scrap paper group
IMG_4186.jpg

IMG_4187.jpg

Hope they are okay.

Cassey

Details to follow... here we go...

6116932391_1eacdc3ab7_z_d.jpg

6116934057_b7358056b4_z_d.jpg

6117481532_75f44d6cb5_z_d.jpg

6117483340_c40a8cbbe8_z_d.jpg

B~Blue group~ I also did circles.There are extra circles due to the fact that I changed my mind mid way through for the embellies. The red brads match the red polka dots in the paper. JB is also inked on the edges. This kind of reminds me of the circus.

R~Disney~ Cinderella themed. Glitter paper used on everything. I am aware that there are only 2 layers on the jb but 3 just wouldnt work with the shape so I hope thats ok. The pumpkins were cut using a school Ellison Press.

A~Red~ I used fibers and beading materials and ribbon. I hope it doesnt look too Christmasy. I have included a circle thingie but did not glue it on the ribbon on the mat so that you can place it where you like.

D~Brown~ I loved the paper. I used ribbon and brads. There is a fine reddish brown line in the paper and the one ribbon picks up on that color while the brown on the mat picks up the brown.

OK, at this point I am officially half done. I will most likely be working right up to the due date but they will be there on time.

I appreciate any and all feedback.
Thanks!

I love them and I don't think the red looks too Christmasy ;) In fact I wouldn't have thought Christmas at all if you hadn't mentioned it.

Checking in--I'm about halfway finished. I should be postal by next Friday at the latest :)

WOW! This one has crept up on my (mind you, I'm sure this year is going faster than normal:rolleyes1). I'm all cut out on my main groups and assembling this monring (currently 8am here) then I will do my random groups so I should be postal on Friday. Sorry I'm later than usual - my baby starting "big" school has sort of taken me over:guilty:

Here comes more... details to follow...

6139049938_58e9140322_z_d.jpg

6138500317_51e66e9522_z_d.jpg

6138501259_cfbf0d4dca_z_d.jpg

6139052756_012918497e_z_d.jpg

6138503611_933957da0d_z_d.jpg

6138504797_f9fe308b65_z_d.jpg

Blue sea, African and Music sets are all scrap paper sets.
I am in both green groups. Both are basically the same except one has larger flowers. They are big flowers but they were so pretty and I think would look good for Tinkerbell or girl scouts. They set will will fill a page! I hope they are not too large for anyone else.

The other set is Rustic. I am in both groups here also. One group will get the corners and the other group will get another mat/box set. These colors are Arizona fall colors. We dont get alot of pretty colors like the rest of you do. They are also the colors of alot of are campground signs , etc. I hope the corners dont look too Boy scoutish and if they do I hope you are still able to use them.

At this point I need to finish Black and white and 2 single sets and I will be done. I should be able to mail by Saturday.
And then I am retiring from scrapping and will happily be scraplifting from all of you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter