Columbia Harbour House

Mrs. Bradbury

It will ALWAYS be the PeopleMover!
I've searched the Restaurants page and can't find my question discussed previously - CHH used to be my absolute favorite counter service restaurant, but I'm not a fan of the menu changes. If I'm willing to stand in line instead of using mobile ordering, is it possible to order the fried fish entree like they used to have, even though it's not listed on the menu anymore? Not interested in shrimp or chicken tenders. Don't get me started on the tuna salad sandwich being gone. :headache: Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Assuming that "battered fish" on the current menu is the same as the fried fish you're looking for, it is still part of the Trio Platter (and the Sea Captain's fish sandwich), so they have it in the kitchen. I'd suggest seeing if they'll give you the combo platter with a triple serving of the fish instead of the shrimp/chicken, or the fish sandwich with the bun/toppings on the side, or some other permutation of the current menu offerings that gets closest to what you want. We've always found Disney restaurants to be very flexible with substitutions when you're ordering in person, but obviously it's on a case-by-case basis.

Last edited:
Assuming that "battered fish" is the same as the fried fish you're looking for, it is still part of the combo platter (and the Sea Captain's fish sandwich), so they have it in the kitchen. I'd suggest seeing if they'll give you the combo platter with a triple serving of the fish instead of the shrimp/chicken, or the fish sandwich with the bun/toppings on the side, or some other permutation of the current menu offerings that gets closest to what you want. We've always found Disney restaurants to be very flexible with substitutions when you're ordering in person, but obviously it's on a case-by-case basis.
Thanks, yes, I mean the battered and fried fish pieces. I am hoping that I can get a recent report that someone was able to customize it this way, because otherwise we'll just plan on eating somewhere else.

I know of someone who wanted just the fried shrimp and it was only on the trio platter. Restaurant said they could not give her just shrimp and told her to order the kid's meal.

I know of someone who wanted just the fried shrimp and it was only on the trio platter. Restaurant said they could not give her just shrimp and told her to order the kid's meal.
Well shoot, that pretty much seals it. There isn't a kids meal option for the fish pieces, and although I love salmon, I don't want it from there, I want my OG fish lunch. Thanks for your reply.

Well shoot, that pretty much seals it. There isn't a kids meal option for the fish pieces, and although I love salmon, I don't want it from there, I want my OG fish lunch. Thanks for your reply.
Not to say it was a rule, but this was from a very experienced Disney person who did their best to get the shrimp only, and was surprised they wouldn't work with her. I only shared because I trust her experience.

Sadly as Mobile Order (less CMs) and assembly line prep work happens I think we'll see less and less customization like we once had.

I agree! I loved going to CHH for the tuna salad sandwich. I had to order something else from the menu for my last trip and was very disappointed. I don’t think I will bother going back.
Used to be a favorite to eat at, so many good options. :sad1:

Now it's just for DS to get chicken nuggets and us sit upstairs in quiet to recharge.

They use to allow you to substitute on the trio platter and gone duo platter. You could ask for double..... By the looks of the pictures and this will be a pass.... Last time was before COVID i think and it was a usual for us but just hop and eat somewhere else these days.... Yeah it is a Hangry early afternoon if we start at MK.

This used to be a favorite lunch spot for our extended family as well. Many family members love seafood, but I don't (though I used to eat the tuna salad). With the menu changes, it's not a good fit for us. I was willing to take one for the team and eat chicken tenders and french fries (the salad they offer doesn't appeal to me), but the rest of the family didn't want me to. We always loved sitting upstairs and watching people walk by.

CHH has gone downhill, it's a shame, used to be our favorite counter service by far.
Sad but true. It used to be our go to. now it's OK, but not near what it used to be. However, sitting upstairs is still a treat. especially if you get a window.

I've searched the Restaurants page and can't find my question discussed previously - CHH used to be my absolute favorite counter service restaurant, but I'm not a fan of the menu changes. If I'm willing to stand in line instead of using mobile ordering, is it possible to order the fried fish entree like they used to have, even though it's not listed on the menu anymore? Not interested in shrimp or chicken tenders. Don't get me started on the tuna salad sandwich being gone. :headache: Thanks for your help.
One of our favourites as well but haven't been in awhile. Just checked out the menu. Aaaaargh!

Went in February 2023 and I must say what used to be a fav is now a *** Disny why why why??? Now upstairs still is beat to heat & crowd spot the FOOD is now trash!!!!!!

I see one on the mobile order page- no place to remove any items from sandwich- I’m hoping next month when I’m there I can do that in person.

Sad but true. It used to be our go to. now it's OK, but not near what it used to be. However, sitting upstairs is still a treat. especially if you get a window.
I agree, but it's still a must for every trip. We love sitting upstairs--maybe a bit quieter up there? I don't think a lot of guests know there's upstairs seating(or maybe they're just exhausted and don't want to endure the steps!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter