Come celebrate FREE dining with me!!!

After an hour on hold, I got Pop standard room for Sept. 22 to Oct. 1. NINE nights - our longest trip yet and I can't wait! Three years in a row of free dining is truly MAGICAL!

Is it just me or does it seem like there must be a lot less rooms at each resort this time that are allotted for Free Dining? On another thread, someone said they had nothing at ASMo and only preferred left at Pop. I was on the phone at 6 a.m. CST, and still waited an hour! I am so happy that I got my first choice though! I am happy for all of us! :woohoo: :banana: :grouphug:

I'm booked! I was so nervous this morning that I'd have to sit on hold for hours, but I got through within 15 minutes (called around 8:30am EST). I got one of the last rooms at the CR with a tower MK view. I'm taking my 4 year old niece by myself from September 7 - September 10th. I'm going to tell her tonight! I'm very excited! Now to figure out meals!!

Congratulations to all of you who have gotten free dining! It has been a blast for me to read all your postings and see all the $ you all saved. yoo-hoo!

I have decided to hold out for the first week of December which is my birthday. I have never seen the parks at Christmas because I will never wait that long:) But, this is our year for Christmas.

I think since I made it through this a.m. without calling for free dining, I am home free now.

Congrats to all of you!:yay:

Was only on hold for 10 min this morning (8:15am pst). Must be dieing down a bit which is good for us West Coast folks.

We already had reservations on deposit for POP from Aug 27 to Sept 4. CSR was great and just applied another $200.00 deposit with my Disney Visa and upgraded us to free dining.........WOOHOOO!!!!!

Could not have been any easier.

I'm doing the happy dance!!!! :cool1: :yay: :cheer2:

Is free dining exactly that: free dining throughout your vacation? and do you think it would apply to a trip to the Poly in early July? Sorry to be so uninformed, but you all sound so excited, so I want to know!

Congrats to all of you!!:goodvibes

Got the email from the TA--POR 9/1-9/9 now w/ free dining!!! I love you Stephanie from Mousefan!!!!!

Is free dining exactly that: free dining throughout your vacation? and do you think it would apply to a trip to the Poly in early July? Sorry to be so uninformed, but you all sound so excited, so I want to know!

Free dining is only offered with certain packages at a specified time of the year. This year it is late August to late September. I believe its 8/26 - 9/22. You must check in one of those specified days to qualify for free dining. It's Disney's way to try and encourage people to come during their slow periods. Sorry this is not applicable in July.

I was only on hold for about 20 minutes.

We have a standard room booked at the Pop Century from 9/1 - 9/7. This is our second year getting the free dining. Yeah!!!

Hi! For the last three years Disney has offered free dining plan for selected dates during the hurricane season. This year they selected from 8-26 to 9-22. It is truly an awesome savings.

Enjoy the polynesian this summer. I have always wanted to stay there:) my DH said we can stay there on our 15th anniversary:).

Can someone explain the details again re: free dining?

I think I understand:

You pay rack rate for your room
You buy at least a 1 day pass
You get free dining (how much does that save?)

Can someone explain the details again re: free dining?

I think I understand:

You pay rack rate for your room
You buy at least a 1 day pass
You get free dining (how much does that save?)

This is my THIRD year doing free dining. For each night of your stay, you get a counter service, a table service and a snack credit for each person in your party.

FOR 7 nights at POR for three adults and a four-year-old, it was $1895.19.
Adding the dining plan, it was $2517.98.
Savings of: $623.79

Two guaranteed connecting rooms at POP for Sept 10-16th! :cheer2: Then off to the Disney Wonder for 4 nights!! Finally we are going back!:banana:

I love Sue Ellen at Dreams Unlimited. She is awesome. We worked with her for our last trip and am so pleased we can again. I had the All Stars as my preference, but only AS Sports and POP could guarantee the connecting rooms this am and she told me she booked POP because the pools at AS sports would be closed during our days! That would have been awful if we got there and the pool was closed. The kids love swimming there! Thank you again Sue Ellen! I love your expertise!

Let the Planning begin...

I made my reservations for Sept 8-15 @ Pop but I cant add the dining until Thursday......One thing I noticed today was the RUDE RUDE RUDE operator..She was in a rush to get me off the phone and didnt verify anything with me (I had to check online when I got home to make sure she got it right), Didnt give me a final price......And then got pissy with me when I put her on hold to answer a work call. Did anyone else come in contact with rude operators this morning?? I know its gonna be a busy week but still.

Oh no! I am so sorry you got a rude one, especially for such a happy occassion! Mine was SO nice. In no rush at all to get me off the phone, in fact she gave me a rundown on all the best things about our resort etc. We booked Coronado Springs for Sept 20-24!! I am SOOOOO excited. I have been waiting for this moment all year!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:
:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I read the rumor last night about free dining and started working the numbers for POFQ 14th-22nd. Disney website had it for $2066, so I waited this morning to secure my room with AAA to see if I get a better rate! OH BABY! Booked through AAA same room, same dates, same everything for $1800! Then I am adding the free dining on Thursday! It can't get any better!

WHOO, HOO!!!!

if you book online how do you get this discount.. i cant book via phone as my disney visa has not arrived yet.. but i can book online with it as long as im logged into the website. does it automatically take it off or will i need to call and get it changed? anyone know?

eta: Is it valid for my whole stay if i start my trip on sept 20th and end in oct. or do i have to be there during those dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter