Coming from Tampa, where to get groceries?

disneyg1rl

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

Usually I take Tiffany Towncar from Orlando I.A. but for our trip next week we will be flying into Tampa instead and renting a car. Since we've never done this before I need some tips on where I can get groceries, specifically a strofoam cooler, soda/pop, water, snacks coming from that direction (I-4 I think it is).

Can anyone give me ideas? I'm not overly cost sensative, but I would prefer to steer clear of Goodings. Other then that, as long as I can get the cooler and ice, I don't have any preferences.

5 days to go!

Hi, disneyg1rl! This is a great topic for the Theme Park Attractions and Strategies board, so I am redirecting all replies over there. Please check that board or continue to click on the link here on the Tips board to view further replies. Thanks so much! :D

Probably the best place to stop would either be exit 18 or 19 (both Lakeland exits).

At exit 18, you can exit, go left at the bottom of exit and head on up to the super walmart. It will be on your left, past the mall, circuit city (both on your left), You will pass a KMart on your right, you may go about 3 miles...maybe a little more before you see it. You will be able to find everything you need there. There are also plenty of restaurants, red lobster, don pablos, olive garden on this route. Mc Donalds, Taco Bell types as well. There is a brand new Wendy's right in front of the Super Walmart.

If you want to go to a regular grocery store instead...take exit 19. At the bottom on the exit, go right, and then right again, circling under the overpass, you will come to another light...go straight through the light (there will be a 7 eleven on your left). You will pass the paddock club apartments on your right...The Publix will be on the right at the next light...if you prefer a Winn Dixie, go a little further and there is a brand new Winn Dixie on the left.

Both of these are very easy access from the I4 (both on/off). Hope this helps! Have a great trip!

Sorry to put you on the "move" again, but "Theme Parks" is not the best place for this query. The Budget Board should be able to give you some tips for reasonable grocery stores. Good luck!

Get off exit 25 going east on 192 towards Kissimmee ( not towards WDW) and go aprox. 7/8 mile there'll be a traffic signal (either the second or the third one you'll come to after exiting I-4) with a Walgreens and a Logan's Road House. Turn left here ( the street's called International Dr. S.) and there's a Publix just behind Logan's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter