Complaint DH overheard at OKW Check in desk!!!

rbuzzotta

<font color=FF00CC>OKW until 2042<br><font color=t
DH was waiting at the OKW desk to pick up a fax this past week!! He overheard a gentleman yelling at the CM at the desk about the fact that he was on vacation and should not have to clean his dishes or do his laundry!!! According to DH, this man was not letting up at all and rambling on and on.

Unfortuantely he could not stick around for the final outcome.

What do you think happened?? I wonder if he got a 'free' something or other!! I would love to know!!

Well, it's off to work now after 2 weeks at OKW!! UGH!!!

Obviously, once he stepped outside of his Kingdom and into Walt's he still wanted to be the King.

DH was waiting at the OKW desk to pick up a fax this past week!! He overheard a gentleman yelling at the CM at the desk about the fact that he was on vacation and should not have to clean his dishes or do his laundry!!! !!

I guess that "gentleman" did not understand that daily mousekeeping is not standard at DVC.

If he was a cash paying customer and still had problems than I feel he had a right to complain.

I feel the same way about making beds, and doing laundry during vacation.
To me housekeeping is a big part of my vacation.

If the CR rumor at DVC becomes a fact I will buy into DVC but I will be prepared to pay extra for mousekeeping.

Just my 2 cents

I guess that "gentleman" did not understand that daily mousekeeping is not standard at DVC.

If he was a cash paying customer and still had problems than I feel he had a right to complain.

I feel the same way about making beds, and doing laundry during vacation.
To me housekeeping is a big part of my vacation.

If the CR rumor at DVC becomes a fact I will buy into DVC but I will be prepared to pay extra for mousekeeping.

Just my 2 cents

Yes, except that he was also complaining about "doing laundry." Even in the regular hotel rooms, housekeeping does not do your laundry.

Methinks the guy is just spoiled rotten.

Someone needs to turn him over their knee and spank him . . . except he would probably like that! :)

Yes, except that he was also complaining about "doing laundry." Even in the regular hotel rooms, housekeeping does not do your laundry.

Methinks the guy is just spoiled rotten.

Someone needs to turn him over their knee and spank him . . . except he would probably like that! :)

You are correct.
In a regular hotel room I would send my "laundry" out, but I would also be getting fresh towels every day so I would not be washing towels-- Could that possibly be the "laundry" he was talking about? :confused3

Yet another reason for DVC to try to limit member rentals, abuse of CMs.

If DVC had a policy to not deal with renters at all (if they want housekeeping, give it to them, but BILL THE OWNER.) I think we would soon see a housekeeping policy in contracts between renter and owner. As well as much more comprehensive contracts between owner and renter...and that would be a good thing. It would help insure that the renter fully understood DVC housekeeping schedules, etc.

Here is a thought and I am not sure how Disney handles it, but if you pay cash for a DVC room, do you get daily hotel service or normal DVC service?

I also know that a lot of people got "upgraded" from POP or AS recently over to OKW and SSR, so if they are getting DVC service that could be where the frustration came from.

From a comment a CM made, I think they do suffer quite a bit of abuse from people staying on points who don't understand the system. She only made a comment about them coming to the front desk looking for coffee but my guess is they get quite a few requests that a member would not make (or should know better than to request.)

Here is a thought and I am not sure how Disney handles it, but if you pay cash for a DVC room, do you get daily hotel service or normal DVC service?

I also know that a lot of people got "upgraded" from POP or AS recently over to OKW and SSR, so if they are getting DVC service that could be where the frustration came from.

CRO cash reservations, including the upgrades, receive daily full housekeeping. It is DVC members and folks renting points that go by the DVC housekeeping schedule. So if someone was complaining at the desk, they were either new members, or more likely, renting from an owner...since the housekeeping thing is covered by the guides when you inquire about DVC. If the person at te desk was a non-paying guest of the member, the member should have explained the schedule.

Renters, IMO, should be instructed to take it up with the DVC owner they rented from...it is the owner that booked the room and make the $$ from the rental, not DVC or Disney.

Yet another reason for DVC to try to limit member rentals, abuse of CMs.

If DVC had a policy to not deal with renters at all (if they want housekeeping, give it to them, but BILL THE OWNER.) I think we would soon see a housekeeping policy in contracts between renter and owner. As well as much more comprehensive contracts between owner and renter...and that would be a good thing. It would help insure that the renter fully understood DVC housekeeping schedules, etc.

LOL, Chuck! I LIKE that solution! I suspect it often IS renters who don't understand the workings of a timeshare that get caught up in that.

Anyone booked through CRO DOES get daily mousekeeping. It could be that the mousekeepers missed one though. I know when we first took the tour back in '94, our guide was VERY certain that we knew about the lack of housekeeping and the Trash and Towel service etc. I believe he emphasised it because we were currently staying at OKW on a CRO reservation when we first took the tour.

I will say that mousekeeping at OKW has, shall I say, gotten a little "lax". On our recent stay we were scheduled for 2 full and one T & T. the first 'full' only inclued new linens and towels. No vacumming or counter top cleaning etc. The second full inlucded a vacuum and kitchen counter cleaning and only 2 bed linens change, no master bed changed or sleep sofa change!!

I have NEVER gotten mousekeeping to do my laundry or dishes!!!:confused3 If I am missing something, please fill me in!! LOL!!

They've almost always washed the dishes on full housekeeping day at OKW. Although I don't usually leave too many dirty dishes in the sink.

I am new to DVC, will be home for the first time next month. I do not expect housekeeping to do my dishes. I will make a point not to leave any in the sink on full housekeeping day.

The description of a full housekeeping:

Change bed linens
Vac & Dust
Clean Bathrooms
Clean kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes

The above is in addition to what is done on T&T --

Empty trash & replace liners
Fresh bathroom towels
Replenish -- soap, shampoo, detergent, etc.

The description of a full housekeeping:

Change bed linens
Vac & Dust
Clean Bathrooms
Clean kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes

The above is in addition to what is done on T&T --

Empty trash & replace liners
Fresh bathroom towels
Replenish -- soap, shampoo, detergent, etc.

Well, I guess I was naive in saying that mouskeeping got a little 'lax'!! If the above is what I was suppose to get then I guess I got taken!!! We never got a replensihment on soap, shampoo, detergent, coffee and we had service 3 times!!! Maybe I should rethink my tips for mouskeeping next year when we return for 2 weeks!!!

I'll bet this guy doesn't do laundry or dishes at home either:rotfl2:
And likely not the type that'd be a renter from a member. Likely not an experienced member but certainly could be a new member, renter, CRO guest, exchanger, etc. Given the info presented I think new member is the most likely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter