Complaint DH overheard at OKW Check in desk!!!

DH & I stayed at Wilderness Lodge Villas earlier this year - our first time at a DVC - reservations made through a travel agency (we were trying to get into the Lodge but there was no availability).

Being that we'd never stayed at a DVC before, we were unaware of the limited housekeeping - and it was a little confusing when we first got there because all the literature is for the DVC members.

We did get "full" housekeeping, however it was hit & miss for the week we were there. (I did tip everyday, and DH & I are pretty clean).

It was confusing - but certainly nothing to make a fuss about!

To be honest I realy wouldn't know overall since I treat my DVC like I do my home and even on vacation I still clean up after myself becasue well aren't we always supposed to clean up after ourselves, plus not doing that would set a great example for my kids:scared1: Anyway I gather up all the trash and take it out everyday except T&T--then I just gather it all up and leave it all in the kitchen. Same with recyclables. I load the diswasher and run it usually every ohter day--I have had housekeeping turn the dishwaher on on a full cleaning day. I washt he towels all days except T&T and full clean day where I leave all used towels in the tub and strip all linens from the bed(full cleaning day only). Just like home I guess, but I get a break from the actual remaking of the bed and cleaning of the linens:woohoo:
OKW really only once felt like I don't think anyone really picked up on T&T day--I just threw the towels in myself.
VWL no vaccume on full cleaning day which really bothers me but not so much that I'd pitch a hissy!

I can certainly see how it would get confusing for mousekeeping to keep track between a DVC reservation stay and a cash, cro, etc. type reservation where there may be days you don't get the cleaning.

Being a new DVC member, stayed on rental points only so far, adjusting to the service that comes with DVC does take some getting use to. While I am not a messy person, when I am on vacation it is nice to have those things taken care of for you, and you get use to it if you travel alot, which I do.

I do agree that if you are renting, you should inform your guests of those uniqueness' so that they are clear. Guests certainly want the advantages offered to DVC, i.e. low price, DDP, etc. so they should accept the things like no service in the room everday.

I usually keep my 2 BR at OKW pretty neat (with the exception of my DD's bathroom!!). I only wish they kept some windex or counter cleaner in the cabinet!! That would make me feel good and then I really wouldn't wish for more on full housekeeping days!!! I just don't feel my counters and tubs are clean with just hot soapy water!! Just an idea!!

DH was waiting at the OKW desk to pick up a fax this past week!! He overheard a gentleman yelling at the CM at the desk about the fact that he was on vacation and should not have to clean his dishes or do his laundry!!! According to DH, this man was not letting up at all and rambling on and on.

Unfortuantely he could not stick around for the final outcome.

What do you think happened?? I wonder if he got a 'free' something or other!! I would love to know!!

Well, it's off to work now after 2 weeks at OKW!! UGH!!!

As much as I would love the mousekeepers to come in and do the dishes and laundry I think the magic stops there......:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter